• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees Alex Rodriguez goes deep to pull within 12 of Willie Mays

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez was greeted with more boos than cheers as he stepped into the batter's box in the second inning of Sunday's game against the Detroit Tigers.

But there were no boos -- only emphatic cheers -- from the Yankee Stadium crowd after he connected for his first home run of the season, a solo shot off Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander leading off the frame.

"I think the fans have been incredible. I said that yesterday. You want to turn boos into cheers, you want to make them proud," Rodriguez said after going 2-for-4 with a homer and two RBIs in his team's 5-4 walk-off victory against the Tigers. "All you want is really an opportunity, and I think New York always gives you that. I feel that way walking around the city; the support has never been stronger. I'm very thankful."

The embattled 38-year-old slugger lofted a 1-0, 92 mph fastball from Verlander into the left-field seats for his first regular-season homer since Sept. 14, 2012, against the Tampa Bay Rays.

Source: ESPN New York

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good for purple lips

Dr. Mindbender

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in more important news, Alex Rodriguez once met with Victor Conte concerning legal supplements!!!

dun+dun+duuuun+stunned+face.png

C

cubzzzfanincali

it is sad that the whole A Rod degration of MLB is happening on the backs of a fanbase and an organization with the greatest legacy in MLB and the most to lose through it's A Rod-inspired mockery.

Yeah A Rod, keep playing. Your fans are asking for you, the worst MLB player in the history of the entire game, and getting worse by the day, somehow. Nice work, parasite.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is sad that the whole A Rod degration of MLB is happening on the backs of a fanbase and an organization with the greatest legacy in MLB and the most to lose through it's A Rod-inspired mockery.

Yeah A Rod, keep playing. Your fans are asking for you, the worst MLB player in the history of the entire game, and getting worse by the day, somehow. Nice work, parasite.

I'm hoping you are joking...

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Arod (along with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens) is one of the greatest players to ever play the game. That's why this is such a big deal. No one would give a shit if this was all about Francisco Cervelli. You can say Arod sucks and is one of the worst players ever but all you will ever be is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always loved the yankees for the history... still do but A rod is a cheat. He hasnt pulled within 12 of Mays in any true record book. I hate the guy. A dui or pot is bad enough like in the nfl but cheating to win is a shame. This classy incredible organization needs to rid itself of this cocky piece of sh'#... much love for the yankees and Rivera though, that guy was and always will be the best... by the way I may like the brewers but gave away my Braun jersey to a needy family who still liked him... Babe Ruth and Mays the true all time homer kings. Will miss Rivera