• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yall goin to game 1?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s deja vu all over again.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forge may have been against Paterno’s idea but it would have been up to Pitt’s AD. It wasn’t only Pitt that resists, but other schools. Then low and behold comes the Big East. PSU attempts to join but are given the excuse that their basketball program is too weak to join. Sounds familiar with WVU and the ACC?
At that time, the BE didn't have football, Paterno was pushing for an eastern all sports league, IF sPitt had joined, along with PSU, everyone else would have come on board. Can you imagine: PSU, WVU, VPI, SC, SYR, sPitt, Miami, BC, Rutgers, maybe UL, Temple, and a few other schools!!! what a great conference

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the game, my family talked about Neal’s honeymoon period with Mountaineer fans.... how long would it last? It lasted 3 qtrs.

The boo birds came out when he chose to run up the middle on a 3rd and long play to set up a FG attempt. Today, I’m reading threads on various boards about his poor play calling and unnecessary gamble on 3rd and long with a little over 1 min left in the game... passing attempt instead of a rushing attempt.

I love WVU fans...

Trust the Climb...

I didn't understand the play call..on 2nd down they try to hit deep third boundary pass and then come back to a straight run into the B gap?...WTF?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At that time, the BE didn't have football, Paterno was pushing for an eastern all sports league, IF sPitt had joined, along with PSU, everyone else would have come on board. Can you imagine: PSU, WVU, VPI, SC, SYR, sPitt, Miami, BC, Rutgers, maybe UL, Temple, and a few other schools!!! what a great conference
Not sure where you are getting SC, but remove PSU and you practically have the old BE football side. So if history would hold true, PSU and Rutgers would go to the Big 10 after Miami and BC leaves only to be followed by Pit, SYR, and VT. "Fans" will be bitching because we landed in the Big 12. What could have been already was and we are here with the new HCNB era.

For me, season 1 is over but i kind of expected it. Hopefully he will right the ship before the end of the year. If you like moral victories, if you throw out the first half then this game ended in a 7 - 7 tie. I'm anxious to see the Kansas game. Which HC gives up more points, former HCDH or HCNB? BELIEVE!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remove PSU and you practically have the old BE football side
This was to have been an all sports conference, there would not have been the football vs basketball fight constantly going on. We can not say what would have happened long term, but it would NOT have been the old BE at all, providence and Georgetown would not have been there trying to screw the football schools daily, there would have been a group of schools ALL playing all the sports, all with a common interest.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was to have been an all sports conference, there would not have been the football vs basketball fight constantly going on. We can not say what would have happened long term, but it would NOT have been the old BE at all, providence and Georgetown would not have been there trying to screw the football schools daily, there would have been a group of schools ALL playing all the sports, all with a common interest.

JMO but I think East Carolina at the time would have made a good fit in that potential conference. They always put me in mind of a cross between WVU and VT as far as fan support ect. Have to believe that with the right leadership they could have developed into a good/solid conference member. At least better than Temple,Rutgers, ect.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO but I think East Carolina at the time would have made a good fit in that potential conference. They always put me in mind of a cross between WVU and VT as far as fan support ect. Have to believe that with the right leadership they could have developed into a good/solid conference member. At least better than Temple,Rutgers, ect.

Wouldn't be throwing Temple to the curb that quick..and they play in a larger viewing area that ECU...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be throwing Temple to the curb that quick..and they play in a larger viewing area that ECU...
I get the viewing area and TV sets ect. I just think that they would have been a better product/entertaining watch, more competitive teams ect. With that fan support, maybe a WVU/VT lite if you will and one would have to think that their basketball would have increased greatly being a NC school playing a BigEast (at the time) schedule.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the viewing area and TV sets ect. I just think that they would have been a better product/entertaining watch, more competitive teams ect. With that fan support, maybe a WVU/VT lite if you will and one would have to think that their basketball would have increased greatly being a NC school playing a BigEast (at the time) schedule.

The thing I have with both programs is that they are stepping stone Schools..as soon as a Coach has a good season...he's gone!..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I have with both programs is that they are stepping stone Schools..as soon as a Coach has a good season...he's gone!..
That is 90% of schools, there are only a very few that are destination jobs.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is 90% of schools, there are only a very few that are destination jobs.

I don't know about that...I think every Power 5 school would not be a stepping stone school...they all can afford to pay a coach for the long term..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that...I think every Power 5 school would not be a stepping stone school...they all can afford to pay a coach for the long term..
A guy would leave 99% of schools to get one of the blue chip jobs, WVU is a stepping stone school, most every successful coach we have had has gone on to what they saw as a better job.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy would leave 99% of schools to get one of the blue chip jobs, WVU is a stepping stone school, most every successful coach we have had has gone on to what they saw as a better job.

I would challenge that...I am not sure anyone would run to some of those jobs know the lifespan for a coach there,..I mean is USC a great job now?...Florida State?..how long has Tagartt have there after 1.2 seasons in?..Is Alabama going to be a great job when Saban leaves with the bar he has set?..I think most coaches just like a Kirk Ferentz are just fine where they are..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would challenge that...I am not sure anyone would run to some of those jobs know the lifespan for a coach there,..I mean is USC a great job now?...Florida State?..how long has Tagartt have there after 1.2 seasons in?..Is Alabama going to be a great job when Saban leaves with the bar he has set?..I think most coaches just like a Kirk Ferentz are just fine where they are..
I think if the old school blue bloods, ND, OSU, Mich, Okla, Ala call, ANY coach is at least listening, I do not and have never put USC or Free Shoes U on that level.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the old school blue bloods, ND, OSU, Mich, Okla, Ala call, ANY coach is at least listening, I do not and have never put USC or Free Shoes U on that level.

How can you not? Both schools have won multiple NC's...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn’t mean that the same scenario couldn’t play out. JoPa May have been respected, at that time, but it doesn’t mean he was well liked. If it were the case we wouldn’t be having this discussion.