• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE Battleground PPV thread

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see John Cena as being a stupid gimmick. Even though the gimmick might be different, Cena's attitude is the same as it has been since he said "Ruthless Aggression" to Kurt Angle. Cena has worked his ass off for a decade and rarely has missed. I think Cena should turn heel. I believe I even started a thread a while back about it. He's the biggest merchandise seller for the company right now.

I agree with Ziggler, completely underappreciated. I compared him to Shawn Michaels last night during the Battle Royal. IDK how much off camera he works his ass off compared to other superstars, but he is one of the best all-around talents.

Daniel Bryan is a gimmick that works. He is that average body performer that defied what a champion is supposed to be like.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see John Cena as being a stupid gimmick. Even though the gimmick might be different, Cena's attitude is the same as it has been since he said "Ruthless Aggression" to Kurt Angle. Cena has worked his ass off for a decade and rarely has missed. I think Cena should turn heel. I believe I even started a thread a while back about it. He's the biggest merchandise seller for the company right now.

I agree with Ziggler, completely underappreciated. I compared him to Shawn Michaels last night during the Battle Royal. IDK how much off camera he works his ass off compared to other superstars, but he is one of the best all-around talents.

Daniel Bryan is a gimmick that works. He is that average body performer that defied what a champion is supposed to be like.

i dont see Cena ever turning heel. Hes the Hulk Hogan of the new ERA. I hate to say it but the business needs a guy like him. He keeps young kids watching and i understand going PG from a business standpoint, the Greats were leaving or had already left and the business stayed alive cause Cena brought in a young generation of kids to keep the business going. Remember when Hogan left and they plugged in Lugar into that role? Less the WWE is in danger of going out of business, it just wont ever happen.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see Cena ever turning heel. Hes the Hulk Hogan of the new ERA. I hate to say it but the business needs a guy like him. He keeps young kids watching and i understand going PG from a business standpoint, the Greats were leaving or had already left and the business stayed alive cause Cena brought in a young generation of kids to keep the business going. Remember when Hogan left and they plugged in Lugar into that role? Less the WWE is in danger of going out of business, it just wont ever happen.

I know about it. I was a kid and we didn't have cable, so I can't really say I remember it. The thing is, even Hogan turned heel. I think the best time for him to turn was when he lost to The Rock. The Rock was the fan favorite and Cena had lost the belt. Then before that, CM Punk was the fan favorite. That would have been the perfect time.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know about it. I was a kid and we didn't have cable, so I can't really say I remember it. The thing is, even Hogan turned heel. I think the best time for him to turn was when he lost to The Rock. The Rock was the fan favorite and Cena had lost the belt. Then before that, CM Punk was the fan favorite. That would have been the perfect time.

Yeah man but hogan turned heel in a completely other company to shake up the world. If he would have stayed Hulkster WCW would have never had a chance. It was brilliant. Otherwise if he would stayed in the WWE i dont ever see it happening. I really think the circumstances had to be perfect for it to happen as it did. And they were, the steroids, the contracts, the Federal investigation, the Ego of Ted Turner, the WCW having its established Babyfaces. It was perfect.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man but hogan turned heel in a completely other company to shake up the world. If he would have stayed Hulkster WCW would have never had a chance. It was brilliant. Otherwise if he would stayed in the WWE i dont ever see it happening. I really think the circumstances had to be perfect for it to happen as it did. And they were, the steroids, the contracts, the Federal investigation, the Ego of Ted Turner, the WCW having its established Babyfaces. It was perfect.

Maybe. Bret Hart, although was not at the level of Hulkamania but was huge, stayed a babyface even if the fan favorite became the heel Shawn Michaels.

I think Hulk would have switched with the Attitude Era just like he did with the other company.