• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU and its road woes makes it way to 40 acres

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Longhorns play host to the Mountaineers today for a noon kick off. Game will be televised by ABC.

I don't think WVU has a road win this season. I don't think our Jeff Mullen type offense will get it done today.

If I were a betting kind of guy, I'd take Texas and the under...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not hating NB, I just don’t understand his theory at times in games....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... what was... is. Our team is a replica of the 2010 model.

The only difference is the conference we're playing in today. Instead of going on the field with the most talented bunch in every game except LSU, we go into every game with middle of the pack talent. This was clearly on display yesterday.

Our youth battled the youth of Texas. Texas has 4 and 5 star talent. We have a bunch of 3 star talent.

13 points ain't gonna beat too many teams. Back in 2010, we saw that play out a few times... and, it cost Billy his job.

Our defense played a really good game. Our Jeff Mullen-like offense... did Jeff Mullen-like things. Texas did not have a good defense, yet... we scored but 13 fucking points.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has the worst defense of the teams remaining on our schedule. I'm not sure we'll win another game this year.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HCNB showed a bit of Dana also. Instead of Leddie up the middle, two throws to the end zone on 4th and 1. On the other hand, take away a dropped pass or a obvious penalty and the game goes the other way.

Doege is efficient in this offense. Not sure how he would be if we threw downfield more. Not having Leddie at 100% killed us Saturday.

We have not been blown out by anyone this year. Dropped passes have been the difference in all of our losses.

BBW, I'll take that bet if you want to put $$$ on it. Trust the Climb

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though BBW disagrees he should have kicked the first field goal and taken points...the team had two possessions still coming their way...it would have put them into a position to not have to score a TD to win.....the TO usage was BIll Stewart BAD!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4th and goal were the type of decision I would expect of Dana. Go for the TD on a pass. I would prefer a zone read with Leddie up the middle or better have Deoge keep it. B12 refs have forgot about pass interference this year and I did not like the option to pass. Given the time left in the game, and Leddie being hurt, I was screaming kick the field goal. Channeling my inner Bill Stewart.

Coaching decisions were a big factor in the loss. Had either of those 4th downs been successful, the outcome would have changed.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though BBW disagrees he should have kicked the first field goal and taken points...the team had two possessions still coming their way...it would have put them into a position to not have to score a TD to win.....the TO usage was BIll Stewart BAD!
I understand why you feel it was a mistake. But, I also understand why Neal would make the aggressive decision to go for the TD. I am not into all of this analytic shit, but I know it’s become important in managing the game. Neal said the conference analytics favored going for a TD.

My gut said to go for the first down only. Pick up the 1 yd and see what happens with a new set of downs. Even though Leddie was hurt, I feel an RPO would have worked.

In the end.... none of this focus matters at all.

There were opportunities there all game long... none of them were converted into points.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HCNB showed a bit of Dana also. Instead of Leddie up the middle, two throws to the end zone on 4th and 1. On the other hand, take away a dropped pass or a obvious penalty and the game goes the other way.

Doege is efficient in this offense. Not sure how he would be if we threw downfield more. Not having Leddie at 100% killed us Saturday.

We have not been blown out by anyone this year. Dropped passes have been the difference in all of our losses.

BBW, I'll take that bet if you want to put $$$ on it. Trust the Climb
I didn’t read through this post.

You want to lay money on what? Whether WVU wins again in the regular season?

Let me know...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t read through this post.

You want to lay money on what? Whether WVU wins again in the regular season?

Let me know...

Yes. I would take a bet for wvu to get one more win in the regular season

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I would take a bet for wvu to get one more win in the regular season
If they do it will be this weekend, No way to beak Oklahoma or Iowa State on the road.........

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring your buddy Slaton and loser pays for his round also

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loser pays for a round of golf. Winner chooses course. No more than 1 hour drive from MPS stadium
Looks like you choose the course. I’ll make sure Slaton is there...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we get one of the last two. Same bet loser buys beer.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pic of Holgerson makes him look like the girl on the cat memme
ryan howard what GIF