• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring prediction for 2019 season

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nebraska 2019 season
2018 record 4-8
Total Defense: 94
Total Offense: 25

On paper, nebraska is better than five opponents. South Alabama, northern Illinois, at Illinois, northwestern, and at Purdue.
Nebraska is equivalent to at Colorado, at Minnesota, Indiana, and at Maryland.
Three teams are better than Nebraska Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Iowa

I am predicting a 10-2 season. Still. I have not changed my mind. yet. I want to say 7-5 to sandbag my prediction but my itty bitty research tells me otherwise.

what i said in December
2019 Season Prediction (early)

WIN

South Alabama
Conference Sunbelt
2018 record 3-9 was 0-6 on the road and gave up lots and lots of points
head coach not a bad coach did pretty well at Central Arkansas did get blown out by K state
Total Defense: 107
Total Offense: 105

Nebraska will handily win this game.

-----------------------------------------

WIN

Colorado
Conference PAC 12
Coach: new coach
2018 record 5-7
Total Defense: 52
Total Offense: 74

picked up transfers from Oklahoma State and Auburn. the Oklahoma State tackle Nebraska's Damion Daniels knows him well.
Still have that receiver that killed Nebraska, Shenault. Montez is back as the QB.
Colorado could not run the ball, but they could pass at will. As the season progressed Nebraska's pass defense improved.
Colorado will be under going new offense, new defense, and new coaches

Colorado is in about the same shape as nebraska was last year, but they do return their starting QB.

WIN

Northern Illinois
Coach new coach who is an alum, but is he all that? Was a running back, does he know defense? does he know passing?
conference MAC
2018 record 8-6
Total Defense: 40
Total Offense: 123

Nebraska will win this game.

WIN

Illinois
2018 record 4-8
Total Defense: 127
Total Offense: 62

Not much to say, Illinois sucks. How Lovie Smith has remained employed is a mystery.

This should be a blowout by Nebraska

LOSS

Ohio State
New Coach
lost their QB
2018 record 13-1
Total Defense: 72
Total Offense: 2

New coach at Ohio State. new QB at Ohio State. Still looks the same to me.

Might be a close game, but I feel Ohio State has too much talent. Could be an upset, especially if Ohio State looks shaky in their OOC. but I doubt it.
Ohio State plays Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, Ohio, and Indiana. Nebraska has it easier because Ohio State is playing two in-state MAC schools that will be giving Ohio State their best shots.

WIN

Northwestern
Lost Clayton Thorson
2018 record 9-5
Total Defense: 64
Total Offense: 107

OK, they brought in a hotshot transfer QB, Hunter Johnson. So what. It will still be his first season on Northwestern.
Lost quite a few contributors on both sides of the ball. And Northwestern wasn't that good, just consistent.
Clayton Thorson was always calm and steady. Hunter Johnson was surrounded by talent at Clemson.
Still, Kelley Bryant was better and trevor Lawrence was obviously better. Ironically, four QBs from Clemson transferred once they saw how much better Trevor Lawrence was.

WIN

Minnesota
Coach PJ Fleck
2018 record 7-6
Total Defense: 54
Total Offense: 86

Turmoil as Jerry Kill does not like PJ Fleck. Not sure why. I have read what Kill said, but are there other reasons?
PJ Fleck's method of recruiting is way too agressive for me and too intimidating.

i don't think Fleck's assistants are very good because it is all about Fleck.

WIN

Indiana
Coach Tom Allen
2018 record 5-7
Total Defense: 83
Total Offense: 51

Allen is a defensive coach and he reminds me of Kevin Cosgrove. Which is not a good thing.
Being a defensive coach you would think his defenses would be better. They are not.

Indiana has nothing coming back on offense and loses most of their O line. Lost lots of key pieces on defense too. But then, were they that good?

WIN

Purdue
Coach Jeff Brohm
Lost David Blough
2018 record 6-7
Total Defense: 113
Total Offense: 29

any coach will look good when you have Rondale Moore. breaking in a new QB.
Everyone talks about how nebraska closed, look at Purdue. they started 0-3 then went 6-3 and went bowling.
Returning a pretty good offense. About the same as Nebraska. Lost players on the O line.

this will be a tough game. Who is more exciting Rondale Moore or the Nebraska offense?

The game is in Lincoln, I say nebraska eeks out a win because it is not Blough.

LOSS

Wisconsin
Lost ALex Hornibroook
2018 record 8-5
Total Defense: 29
Total Offense: 36

Jonathon taylor is still there.
Hotshot Graham Mertz will be the starter as a true freshman and he has Taylor to carry him. he completed 7 passes at the high school all american bowl, five for TDs.
The offensive line is just as good as always.

The wisconsin defense loses a lot, but has players that gained experience. The DC is proven.

Lost their kicker.

The games in Lincoln, can Nebraska outscore Wisconsin? Will Mertz be as great as he looked in high school?

I want to say Nebraska wins, but I don't think so. until Nebraska can beat Wisconsin I will have to go Wisconsin, again.

WIN

maryland
new coach Mike Locksley
2018 record 5-7
Total Defense: 63
Total Offense: 94

Again, a team with a new coach and new systems.

Maryland was not a bad team in 2018, they just had to play in the B1G East. if they played in the B1G West, Maryland would have gone bowling.
Signature win over Texas, but lost to Iowa, but had wins over Minnesota and Illinois.

Maryland was 5-3 but then went 0-4, because of the B1G east but also because of the head coach turmoil.

No marquee QB.

Just too much turmoil at maryland right now.

WIN

Iowa
2018 record 9-4
Total Defense: 7
Total Offense: 91

I predict nebraska beats Iowa based on no facts.

Iowa no longer has a cupcake schedule like they have had oin the past. they play at Michigan, at Iowa State, at Wisconsin, at Nebraska and they play Penn State in iowa City.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Alabama W
Colorado W
Northern Illinois W
Illinois W
Ohio State W
Northwestern W
Minnesota W
Indiana W
Purdue W
Wisconsin W
Maryland W
Iowa W
Big 10 Championship W
First Round Playoffs W
Natty W

15 - 0!

In all seriousness though, I think we lose a game to either Ohio State or Wisconsin, but not both of them. I like our chances of making the B1G Championship though.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had this thread somewhere already. I'm pretty sure i put 9-3 in there and that's still where i believe. We lose to Ohio State and Wisconsin. Then I think in there i put Purdue, but i am liking our chances more and more, without Blough they are likely to take a step back, that guy made plays. So, i don't know, I just feel like they will let us down somewhere, maybe Iowa, cold windy game that favors Iowa.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the first year without an inkling of a pleeny 'coached' player on the roster. 2014 was the 35th ranked class (6th in Big 10) per 247

Departed

Tanner Farmer: OL 2014 - 2018 (4*)
Jerald Foster: OL 2014 - 2018 (4*)
Peyton Newell: DL 2014 - 2018 (3*)
Mikale Wilbon: RB 2014 - 2018 (3*)
Freedom Akinmoladen: TE/DL 2014 - 2018 (3*)
Mick Stoltenberg: DL 2014 - 2018 (3*)
Luke Gifford: ATH/LB 2014 - 2018 (3*)

Class of 2015. Still on roster. 'Recruited' by pleeny, but never coached on the field by him.

Eric Lee: CB 2015 - 2019 (4*) Committed 2/1/14
Avery Anderson: DB 2015 - 2019 (4*) Committed 2/2/14
Carlos Davis: DL 2015 - 2019 (3*) Committed 3/1/14
Khalil Davis: DL 2015 - 2019 (3*) Committed 3/1/2014
Christian Gaylord: OL 2015 - 2019 (3*) Committed 2/3/2014
Daishon Neal: DL 2015 - 2019 (3*) Committed 4/9/2104

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2