• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTH is Happening In Stanford

GhostRiderRushville

Original Caravan Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,103,757.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me walking into a thread on the CFB board about cost of living.

source.gif

Me walking into a thread trying to figure out why Stanford has a rush to the transfer portal.....

giphy.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The traffic up through bonney lake is fucking terrible and only getting worse.

Yes sir, they came up with a “solution” and it’s just as fucking bad. They are punching a 4 lane road from the back of Bonney Lake down to Orting.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir, they came up with a “solution” and it’s just as fucking bad. They are punching a 4 lane road from the back of Bonney Lake down to Orting.
They haven't fvcked up South Parie yet I hope.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Na, it’s still a small town with no stop lights. I’m sure in 10 years when all of the older folks die off their kids will sell off all of the land to developers though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't changed a bit. We drive through there quite a bit in the summer. That part of the valley is the same. Orting is growing WAY too much, but it hasn't spread that way yet.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's because of tehale. When they resumed building it we went up there and spoke to the developers and they said the plan was for 6,000 homes. Just on that side of rhodes lake road. Other developers have a big area on the other side pushing toward prairie ridge. All of that was former WSU forrest research land sold off before the housing collapse. So I blame the cougs for all this influx of people. You dirty bastards!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's because of tehale. When they resumed building it we went up there and spoke to the developers and they said the plan was for 6,000 homes. Just on that side of rhodes lake road. Other developers have a big area on the other side pushing toward prairie ridge. All of that was former WSU forrest research land sold off before the housing collapse. So I blame the cougs for all this influx of people. You dirty bastards!

Yeah I totally know. Where that community is now was party spot back in the day and now it has ballooned up. This is bs that the developers should’ve been forced to pay when they started not waiting until there is public backlash. It’s just a dumb solution IMO and just diverting congestion from one spot to another even though once the new way gets backed up since 162 is a two lane road people will still come up Bonney Lake. And don’t you blame the Cougs on this one, it is a State school so they don’t have any authority on which property gets sold because our state likes making an extra buck. So can we agree and just blame Central or Eastern?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I totally know. Where that community is now was party spot back in the day and now it has ballooned up. This is bs that the developers should’ve been forced to pay when they started not waiting until there is public backlash. It’s just a dumb solution IMO and just diverting congestion from one spot to another even though once the new way gets backed up since 162 is a two lane road people will still come up Bonney Lake. And don’t you blame the Cougs on this one, it is a State school so they don’t have any authority on which property gets sold because our state likes making an extra buck. So can we agree and just blame Central or Eastern?
This region is in unincorporated pierce county. They were required to plan for building this road, but it was the county that decided it was a valid option. And yes, it's utterly stupid. 162 is already a parking lot, Orting is entirely overpopulated for the roads and infrastructure they already have, and no one has any relief for fixing it when it predictably fails. Basically that road will be an escape route for people in Orting when a lahar happens. Not enough ways out of there now that so many have moved in.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This region is in unincorporated pierce county. They were required to plan for building this road, but it was the county that decided it was a valid option. And yes, it's utterly stupid. 162 is already a parking lot, Orting is entirely overpopulated for the roads and infrastructure they already have, and no one has any relief for fixing it when it predictably fails. Basically that road will be an escape route for people in Orting when a lahar happens. Not enough ways out of there now that so many have moved in.

I just moved to Orting and Orting is essentially like Seattle where they don’t plan for shit congestion wise until it’s too late. There’s only two ways to get so that blows but with building the 4 lane road from Tehale is going to make it worse. It is a Pierce County project but those folks and putting in a crap but it’s dumb they are about turn 128th into JBLM in terms of traffic.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just moved to Orting and Orting is essentially like Seattle where they don’t plan for shit congestion wise until it’s too late. There’s only two ways to get so that blows but with building the 4 lane road from Tehale is going to make it worse. It is a Pierce County project but those folks and putting in a crap but it’s dumb they are about turn 128th into JBLM in terms of traffic.
I've lived above Orting for over 20 years. I remember when it was a slow country drive through there and all those houses up against the hill were all farms.

What's the point of having lahar sirens if there are so many people that the roads will be locked down and running for your life toward the hills is the only way to save your ass? :noidea:

Good luck if those glaciers on Rainier ever break loose. You be fucked.

We still go down to route 66 sometimes, even if they aren't the same as they used to be or sometimes fish at the Herfy's.