• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTH is Happening In Stanford

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Los Angeles until 1968 when I moved to Washington State. I Ioved California, but my wife had family in Washington so we moved. There will always be a special place in my heart for California. I can see if someone never lived in California, they would have doubts about the state.

Since I was in the military I spent time in Tenn, in Washington (Whidbey Island), Florida South Carolina and Texas and of course Cali. I enjoyed my time in all those places but not enough to want to live there or to start a thread about how much I wouldn't want to live there. Nothing wrong with liking where you're from or the type of lifestyle you like. It just makes me laugh how many people go out of their way to start threads (on the politics side) to say how much they wouldn't want to live in Cali. I don't ever have an urge to make a thread about how much I wouldn't want to live in another particular state. You don't have to be Sigmund Freud to figure that out. lol
And for the clown posting pics of homeless in downtown LA. You forget or ignore that those pictures are about 4 square blocks in one certain part of LA . Saying that's how we all live here is like posting a picture of Death Valley and saying that's where and how we all live. Death valley is bigger than four states so compare that to four blocks.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've found that I can live pretty much anywhere and be just fine. For the most part, every city in every state is the same. There are good areas, bad areas and in between areas.

It's just about learning where those areas are and avoiding the bad areas.
Couldn't agree more.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised right down the road from Black Diamond .. Enumclaw. @wazzu31 is from Buckley.
I'll be damned, I have several relatives that live in Enumclaw. My three kids graduated from Enumclaw High School. Yes the Enumclaw and Buckley Hornets. I missed the High school football games at Pete's Pool.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be damned, I have several relatives that live in Enumclaw. My three kids graduated from Enumclaw High School. Yes the Enumclaw and Buckley Hornets. I missed the High school football games at Pete's Pool.
Pete's Pool was where it was at back in the day. I did 100 hours community work service there during my sophomore year after getting busted for selling stolen Holstein calves at Enumclaw sales pavilion. The guy running it was a star bb player from way back in the day (Frank the Pollock) and that fvcker showed me every move he had. My PPG and RPG doubled the following season.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I was in the military I spent time in Tenn, in Washington (Whidbey Island), Florida South Carolina and Texas and of course Cali. I enjoyed my time in all those places but not enough to want to live there or to start a thread about how much I wouldn't want to live there. Nothing wrong with liking where you're from or the type of lifestyle you like. It just makes me laugh how many people go out of their way to start threads (on the politics side) to say how much they wouldn't want to live in Cali. I don't ever have an urge to make a thread about how much I wouldn't want to live in another particular state. You don't have to be Sigmund Freud to figure that out. lol
And for the clown posting pics of homeless in downtown LA. You forget or ignore that those pictures are about 4 square blocks in one certain part of LA . Saying that's how we all live here is like posting a picture of Death Valley and saying that's where and how we all live. Death valley is bigger than four states so compare that to four blocks.
Good post. I travel around Tacoma daily and see homeless tents all over. I have never lived in Ohio, Texas or Florida, but I would never criticize those states.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's Pool was where it was at back in the day. I did 100 hours community work service there during my sophomore year after getting busted for selling stolen Holstein calves at Enumclaw sales pavilion. The guy running it was a star bb player from way back in the day (Frank the Pollock) and that fvcker showed me every move he had. My PPG and RPG doubled the following season.
What year did you graduate? I have a sister and several nieces and nephews that live in Enumclaw.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What year did you graduate? I have a sister and several nieces and nephews that live in Enumclaw.
'82. We had a horse farm right across the street from Southwood elementary and we moved to the Enumclaw - Black Diamond highway during my 8th grade .. right down the road from Kraine's Corner tavern. I dated a couple of gals from Black Diamond.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I are in our early-mid 30s and make a combined $177k
giphy.gif

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'82. We had a horse farm right across the street from Southwood elementary and we moved to the Enumclaw - Black Diamond highway during my 8th grade .. right down the road from Kraine's Corner tavern. I dated a couple of gals from Black Diamond.
Damn, this is just too weird, I use to go to the Kraine Corner tavern also Boots tavern. My daughter graduated in 83. Do you know Jim Elmore or Eric Coynor? Do you know any of the Coynor's that lived in Enumclaw?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, this is just too weird, I use to go to the Kraine Corner tavern also Boots tavern. My daughter graduated in 83. Do you know Jim Elmore or Eric Coynor? Do you know any of the Coynor's that lived in Enumclaw?
Can't say that I do. I used to run with my cousin (Erik Kruse) and the Van Beek brothers. Mr. Thiel .. the PE teacher lived in Black Diamond and I dated the neighbor gal that lived right next to him ... Kelley Story. She was hot back then and then I saw her on Facebook a few years back and she looked like she ate a small city.

btw Mike Elmore rings a bell.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised right down the road from Black Diamond .. Enumclaw. @wazzu31 is from Buckley.
Buckley and Enumclaw haven't changed much in the last 20 years. As you know I live between Buckley and Bonney Lake. My youngest took her swimming classes at the Enumclaw pool so we were up there often. Bonney Lake is getting over overpopulated though.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckley and Enumclaw haven't changed much in the last 20 years. As you know I live between Buckley and Bonney Lake. My youngest took her swimming classes at the Enumclaw pool so we were up there often. Bonney Lake is getting over overpopulated though.
Yes Bonney Lake is getting overpopulated, I drive through B.L. on my way to Enumclaw.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say that I do. I used to run with my cousin (Erik Kruse) and the Van Beek brothers. Mr. Thiel .. the PE teacher lived in Black Diamond and I dated the neighbor gal that lived right next to him ... Kelley Story. She was hot back then and then I saw her on Facebook a few years back and she looked like she ate a small city.

btw Mike Elmore rings a bell.
I heard the name Kelley Story before, but I don't really remember her.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the transplants moving in though are trying to split it in two. Doesn’t help with traffic at all though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the transplants moving in though are trying to split it in two. Doesn’t help with traffic at all though.
The traffic up through bonney lake is fucking terrible and only getting worse.