• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF is up with the Eagles?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think anymore. Can they only win when it doesn't mean as much?

They probably won't make the playoffs, but it is a possibility. Do they suck or are they great right now?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still suck

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back to my official WTF stance.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Vick is a joke. He was a joke in Atlanta and he is a joke now.

Desean is becoming a prima donna crybaby.

it's time to blow that team up (including Andy Reid) and build around McCoy.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Vick is a joke. He was a joke in Atlanta and he is a joke now.

Desean is becoming a prima donna crybaby.

it's time to blow that team up (including Andy Reid) and build around McCoy.

Jackson has been a little bitch since college, maybe further back. Vick is a product of Reid's system, so I'd stick with the coach for one more year.

McCoy is the best player on that team, so I agree that they should focus more on the run game. Unfortunately, it's risky to build around a runningback as their lifespan is usually shorter than the quarterbacks of the league.

A new defensive coordinator is a must for next year. I'm not sure that they understand the personnel at all.

Since I'm from Pittsburgh, I hope this team stays the same. Cheers.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is just like any other team that adds a bunch of parts in the offeseason. They need time to gel together and get it right. Unfortunately for the Eagles they had to sort of do it on the fly this year due to the lockout and by the time they got it figured out it was too late. They are BY FAR the best team in this division right now and will and should be the prohibitive favorite to win the division next year if they just leave well enough alone.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is just like any other team that adds a bunch of parts in the offeseason. They need time to gel together and get it right. Unfortunately for the Eagles they had to sort of do it on the fly this year due to the lockout and by the time they got it figured out it was too late. They are BY FAR the best team in this division right now and will and should be the prohibitive favorite to win the division next year if they just leave well enough alone.

We also have to keep in mind that other teams didn't have an offseason either. I can understand having a two or three game skid because of the lack of chemistry, but there comes a time when they have to take responsibility. They aren't in a difficult division, so they should have been able to pull it together. At this point, I actually feel pretty safe in saying that they just aren't that good. They aren't a Super Bowl contender and they wouldn't have a first round bye even if there was an offseason.

I guess we'll see next year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have to keep in mind that other teams didn't have an offseason either. I can understand having a two or three game skid because of the lack of chemistry, but there comes a time when they have to take responsibility. They aren't in a difficult division, so they should have been able to pull it together. At this point, I actually feel pretty safe in saying that they just aren't that good. They aren't a Super Bowl contender and they wouldn't have a first round bye even if there was an offseason.

I guess we'll see next year.

Eh, neither the Cowboys nor the Giants had as many new players as Philly, the Eagles were breaking in a new D coordinator, a new Oline coach and they also has their starting QB out for 4 games and injuries to both their WR's. Philly faced WAY more issues than either of the other 2 teams and even after all that they are going to finish a game back in the division after going 3-1 vs the other 2. Philly is going to run away with this division next year if they dont get crazy.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, neither the Cowboys nor the Giants had as many new players as Philly, the Eagles were breaking in a new D coordinator, a new Oline coach and they also has their starting QB out for 4 games and injuries to both their WR's. Philly faced WAY more issues than either of the other 2 teams and even after all that they are going to finish a game back in the division after going 3-1 vs the other 2. Philly is going to run away with this division next year if they dont get crazy.

What was the excuse for when they were active? I'm not saying that they're a horrific team, but I feel safe in saying they don't live up to the hype.

They certainly could win that division next year, but I wouldn't put money on it. That defense hasn't been "elite" since Jim Johnson, which could be the cause of a lot of this.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the excuse for when they were active? I'm not saying that they're a horrific team, but I feel safe in saying they don't live up to the hype.

They certainly could win that division next year, but I wouldn't put money on it. That defense hasn't been "elite" since Jim Johnson, which could be the cause of a lot of this.

They dont need an excuse. They were 7-4 when they were active and 3 of those losses were to really good teams earlier in the year. Defense has been average for a large part of the year but is playing better recently. The big issue was the Oline which had alot of turnover and a new coordinator. They seem to have straightened that out here recently. We'll see next year but the Eagles have by far the most talent in the division. If they stay healthy they will be a big favorite to win the division.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need an excuse. They were 7-4 when they were active and 3 of those losses were to really good teams earlier in the year. Defense has been average for a large part of the year but is playing better recently. The big issue was the Oline which had alot of turnover and a new coordinator. They seem to have straightened that out here recently. We'll see next year but the Eagles have by far the most talent in the division. If they stay healthy they will be a big favorite to win the division.

I'm not doubting that they can win the division. I'm mainly just pointing out that there were a lot of writers and fans (Vince Young) who considered them a Super Bowl contender. For a team to build around a running game, they had better have an above-average defense to be any kind of legitimate threat.

If we're still discussing this around the start of next season, I wouldn't mind a bet.