• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WRs

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF???? Why is it other teams like Dallas can find serviceable WRs that can make plays in the clutch, like williams, beasley, Austin (not last night, but has in the past) and harris in mid to late round picks and we never can? When was the last time we drafted a WR that exceeded expectations? Probably Gary Clark.

When its time to step up, where the fuck is Hankerson or Morgan? Santana has in the past, but his days are numbered. Garcon is a beast, but everyone now knows to double and triple team him. Last night, Dallas put Carr on the line to harass Garcon and then had a safety over the top. The only way we could get him the ball was if he beat Carr off the bump and got it to him within 5-8 yds of the LOS or as a WR screen. We need another threat so that they can't just focus on Garcon.

If there is a bright spot, it appears Jordan Reed is going to be a star in this league if he keeps his health and his head on straight. Did anyone even see Fred Davis last night? Can you say Fred who???

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF???? Why is it other teams like Dallas can find serviceable WRs that can make plays in the clutch, like williams, beasley, Austin (not last night, but has in the past) and harris in mid to late round picks and we never can? When was the last time we drafted a WR that exceeded expectations? Probably Gary Clark.

When its time to step up, where the fuck is Hankerson or Morgan? Santana has in the past, but his days are numbered. Garcon is a beast, but everyone now knows to double and triple team him. Last night, Dallas put Carr on the line to harass Garcon and then had a safety over the top. The only way we could get him the ball was if he beat Carr off the bump and got it to him within 5-8 yds of the LOS or as a WR screen. We need another threat so that they can't just focus on Garcon.

If there is a bright spot, it appears Jordan Reed is going to be a star in this league if he keeps his health and his head on straight. Did anyone even see Fred Davis last night? Can you say Fred who???

I don't think that this should be a major priority over the offseason. This is an area that can also be upgraded by several other things including 1.) improved O-line play & 2.) better job by RG3 - he needs to stop focusing in on only 1 receiver - I think he will improve in this area but probably not this season.

If they can find some even minor improvements in the WR area over the offseason they should be alright. You don't need to have a team of all-pros in this area especially when the cap money might be better used to help the O-line and defense.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that this should be a major priority over the offseason. This is an area that can also be upgraded by several other things including 1.) improved O-line play & 2.) better job by RG3 - he needs to stop focusing in on only 1 receiver - I think he will improve in this area but probably not this season.

If they can find some even minor improvements in the WR area over the offseason they should be alright. You don't need to have a team of all-pros in this area especially when the cap money might be better used to help the O-line and defense.

Beasley, Williams and Harris are by no means all pros. But they are there when a big play is needed. When have we ever seen Hank or Morgan step up when needed?

I do agree that RG3 is locking onto his first read way too long, but all young QBs do that. Remember, his game is college and even last year was to create chaos with his legs and then hit an open receiver as coverage breaks down. Don't know why we still don't employ that strategy more often through rollouts and bootlegs.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of Garcon, we have no receivers. I'm sorry! It is what it is. I love Moss, but he's just an aging slot WR. I never liked the Josh Morgan pickup. Hanks has gotten better, but not spectacular. Aldrick Robinson can't crack the lineup. When he does, he can't get open. When he does, he drops passes. I pray to the Man upstairs that we go after Hakeem Nicks in the offseason. You mentioned about Jordan Reed. I'm sold! He has caught everything, each time he's been in the lineup. I love the way he shook Church to get open. Wow! He totally makes Fred Davis expendable. I just don't know why they didn't get him involved a lot more in the game. :noidea:

zizozizozizoskins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the receivers showed a lot of shortcomings we need a number one receiver ....Can anyone tell me why aren't we played a two Tight End packages to help Garcon.....Reed looked really good but not the full answer our interior line looked garbage ahhh...I am looking at 3 or 4 wins season

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the problems with the WRs can be traced to the QB this season. RG3 is missing too many easy passes and it's because of mechanics. He isn't coming down on his front leg and the passes are sailing because of it.
I also don't think he spent enough time learning the playbook this offseason. He needs to know where the routes are headed. Point in case: Garcon was running his route to the pylon last night and had Carr beat...RG3 was throwing it toward the sideline.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gk, i agree with your statement on the mechanics, although they are getting better. He appears to stay mostly on his back foot now when the pocket is collapsing in front of him. It's probably a subconscious protection mechanism. Hopefully with time, we get better an pass protection and he overcomes this mental block.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley, Williams and Harris are by no means all pros. But they are there when a big play is needed. When have we ever seen Hank or Morgan step up when needed?

I do agree that RG3 is locking onto his first read way too long, but all young QBs do that. Remember, his game is college and even last year was to create chaos with his legs and then hit an open receiver as coverage breaks down. Don't know why we still don't employ that strategy more often through rollouts and bootlegs.

I think we are on the same page on this one. I am not maintaining that the all of the necessary receivers are on the current team. What I am discouraging is using major parts of the salary cap for some high profile receiver since that type of move doesn't always work & the money would be much better spent on the O-line or defense.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are on the same page on this one. I am not maintaining that the all of the necessary receivers are on the current team. What I am discouraging is using major parts of the salary cap for some high profile receiver since that type of move doesn't always work & the money would be much better spent on the O-line or defense.

we are. my point of the post is that other teams routinely draft mid round WRs and they exceed expectations. Ours don't. Why is that? Think about all the WRs we have drafted in the last 20 years. How many made it and contributed significantly? I can't think of one.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could almost call us "LIONesque" with our lack of success drafting WRs. At least Garçon was a good pick up in FA. We need a 2nd passing threat badly. It'd be nice to see 2 TE sets since we're not getting it done with just WRs. Teams are just doubling Garçon, we need two other threats and we have at least one with Reed. Maybe Logan? Someone else has got to step up.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could almost call us "LIONesque" with our lack of success drafting WRs. At least Garçon was a good pick up in FA. We need a 2nd passing threat badly. It'd be nice to see 2 TE sets since we're not getting it done with just WRs. Teams are just doubling Garçon, we need two other threats and we have at least one with Reed. Maybe Logan? Someone else has got to step up.

It's time to unleash Jordan Reed. Period.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the problems with the WRs can be traced to the QB this season.

I also don't think he spent enough time learning the playbook this offseason.

Has everyone else been noticing how many miscues he has been having handing the ball off the the RB ? Several times last night he would turn one way to hand the ball off and the RB would be on his opposite side, or he would go to fake the hand off and they would be 10 feet apart etc.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has whiffed on a ton of WR's in the draft and in the trade market. Throw enough crap at the wall, something will stick. That is Dallas' motto with WR's. Dez is the exception. Saw who we wanted and got him. Austin was luck and then hanging onto him, Harris took a long time and still isn't a go to WR. WIlliams I think will be a stud, but will take time. Beasley I really like, but no where to put him with Witten/Dez/Miles already out there. Could see more time if Murray is out for any time though, more 4 WR lineups.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Garcon, we have no receivers. I'm sorry! It is what it is. I love Moss, but he's just an aging slot WR. I never liked the Josh Morgan pickup. Hanks has gotten better, but not spectacular. Aldrick Robinson can't crack the lineup. When he does, he can't get open. When he does, he drops passes. I pray to the Man upstairs that we go after Hakeem Nicks in the offseason. You mentioned about Jordan Reed. I'm sold! He has caught everything, each time he's been in the lineup. I love the way he shook Church to get open. Wow! He totally makes Fred Davis expendable. I just don't know why they didn't get him involved a lot more in the game. :noidea:

Because Kyle Shanahan is a terrible play caller if you haven't noticed! :whistle:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has everyone else been noticing how many miscues he has been having handing the ball off the the RB ? Several times last night he would turn one way to hand the ball off and the RB would be on his opposite side, or he would go to fake the hand off and they would be 10 feet apart etc.

I have definitely noticed; thus, my point about him not studying the playbook enough.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have to bring in another starting WR this year. Britt, Macklin, Nicks or Decker would do the trick. Hanks gets 1 more year. We probably need to draft another one as well. Moss will be gone along with Robinson. We will only have Garcon and Hanks going into 2014. To be honest, I would not mind signing Britt and Emmanuel Sanders. We have to give RG3 more weapons and also protect him. Offseason to do list:

1. Address secondary! (again)
2. Address OLine
3. Rebuild WR corp.
4. Find replacement for Fletcher

Thats about it......the 35 million will go quickly

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to bring in another starting WR this year. Britt, Macklin, Nicks or Decker would do the trick. Hanks gets 1 more year. We probably need to draft another one as well. Moss will be gone along with Robinson. We will only have Garcon and Hanks going into 2014. To be honest, I would not mind signing Britt and Emmanuel Sanders. We have to give RG3 more weapons and also protect him. Offseason to do list:

1. Address secondary! (again)
2. Address OLine
3. Rebuild WR corp.
4. Find replacement for Fletcher

Thats about it......the 35 million will go quickly

Yes, it will. Remember, we have about 10 players of our own we have to resign (if we decide to) as part of that $35M. This includes Orakpo, Perry, Wilson, Hall, Moss, Morgan and most importantly.......sexy rexy!