• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WrestleMania 32 thread

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was an alright matchup. It was tough to follow Styles-Jericho. I didn't think it was boring.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MR WRESTLEMANIA!!!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!

HBK, Mick Foley, and STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!!!

And they attack League of Nation!!!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sock-o to Sheamus
HBK gives the boot to ADR
SCSA stuns Rusev and the place erupts!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, New Day got HBK and Mick Foley to dance. Shouldn't have tried to get Stone Cold to dance.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm so sick of 90s nostalgia.

I didn't grow up with Bruno Sammartino kicking the shit out of the Undertaker. Can't these guys put over young talent instead

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of 90s nostalgia.

I didn't grow up with Bruno Sammartino kicking the shit out of the Undertaker. Can't these guys put over young talent instead

You mean guys like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Terry Funk and guys like that weren't around in the late 1990s about 15-20 years after their hayday?

Bruno was a star in late 60s - late 70s. Peak was mid 70s. So, Bruno coming in during the attitude era would be like Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan doing it today.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You mean guys like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Terry Funk and guys like that weren't around in the late 1990s about 15-20 years after their hayday?

They were active wrestlers. Jericho is in his mid 40s too. That's less of an issue.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sock-o to Sheamus
HBK gives the boot to ADR
SCSA stuns Rusev and the place erupts!

Sounds awesome. I wish I could have seen that one.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were active wrestlers. Jericho is in his mid 40s too. That's less of an issue.

Agreed. Guys like Flair, Hogan and Macho were going to be on Nitro/RAW, etc the next night. HBK, Rock and Austin won't be on RAW tomorrow. Big difference, imo.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jericho has been to almost every Raw and Smackdown for some time now. Around as long as Styles has been in the WWE. I don't know why you don't consider him a full-time roster. On his podcast, he talks about how he is "back" in the WWE and how DDP Yoga helped get in shape.

And during the Attitude Era, there was a reason why they didn't have late 80s - early 90s propaganda. Those were the wrestlers that took up WCW, and was actually doing better than WWF in the mid 90s. If WWF was a monopoly then, it would have been in the same situation as it is now.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. Guys like Flair, Hogan and Macho were going to be on Nitro/RAW, etc the next night. HBK, Rock and Austin won't be on RAW tomorrow. Big difference, imo.

I loved seeing those guys. I am a fan of all three. I just wish it was it was to help out young talent. New Day are one of the most over things on the roster right now. They lost at WM then got laid out by a legend

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with 90s propaganda. I had more of a problem with Undertaker and The Rock to show up a month before WM, have main event match, win that match, and then disappear. Even as far back as mid-2000s.

HBK, Mick Foley, SCSA used up 5 minutes without interfering in a match (at least so far). Personally, I think it could have been done without Mick Foley and kept it with Texas guys.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jericho has been to almost every Raw and Smackdown for some time now. Around as long as Styles has been in the WWE. I don't know why you don't consider him a full-time roster. On his podcast, he talks about how he is "back" in the WWE and how DDP Yoga helped get in shape.

And during the Attitude Era, there was a reason why they didn't have late 80s - early 90s propaganda. Those were the wrestlers that took up WCW, and was actually doing better than WWF in the mid 90s. If WWF was a monopoly then, it would have been in the same situation as it is now.

I meant that Jericho's different in that he is an active wrestler. That's comparable to WCW's booking style, which probably isn't the best way to model a company anyway.

It's Mania so I'll sit back and enjoy it but they just had 3 of the most over acts on the roster (Styles, New Day and Ambrose) look like shit.

I feel like Stone Cold and Foley would have been held down as mid carders if the wrestled in an era like this one

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant that Jericho's different in that he is an active wrestler. That's comparable to WCW's booking style, which probably isn't the best way to model a company anyway.

It's Mania so I'll sit back and enjoy it but they just had 3 of the most over acts on the roster (Styles, New Day and Ambrose) look like shit.

I feel like Stone Cold and Foley would have been held down as mid carders if the wrestled in an era like this one

I mean, its quite obvious that everything isn't all roses in the WWE right now. They have a guy that is completely un-over as a babyface in the main event tonight. There is no way Austin or Foley succeed in today's WWE.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad that they are retiring the WWE Divas Championship. Diva is such a terrible term to describe your women's wrestlers (and yes I know that term has been used by the WWE for almost twenty years)

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Stone Cold would have been a main event star. He was the ultimate "stick it to the Man" charisma that is still used today. He also had that, "What? What? What?" gimmick too.

I do agree with Mick Foley. He had great timing. The hardcore wrestling style is not as accepting as it was then. Of course, he would have been perfect for the WCCW in the Funk's heyday.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its important to remember that Austin had a lot of breaks go his way that resulted in his push.

-Lost Dibiase as his manager, due to Ted leaving for WCW
-That KOTR 96 push was supposed to go Triple H, but the MSG Curtain Call incident took place and he had to be punished.
-Bret Hart was largely in Austin's corner. Bret wanted Vince to sign Austin for years, dating back to Austin's years in WCW. When you have the #1 guy in the company wanting to work with you, then you're going to get an opportunity

Austin made the best out if his chance and became one of the biggest professional wrestlers ever.

There was fear on the internet back in late 97/early 98, that McMahon was going to "Diesel" Austin's push. Pretty much make him your typical good guy and strip Austin of everything that made him over in the first place. That is what Vince did to Nash in '95 and HBK in '96. Fortunately for Vince, he didn't do that and let Austin be who he was.