• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WOW!!! Kyle Allen will be starting vs Rams. Let the board melee begin...

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple people argued when I said I don't expect any major culture changes with the hiring of RR .... my reasoning is simple ... Dan Snyder. My argument back to them ... I have 20 years of history with him as owner that says I am right. :thumb:

I can't front. I was among the hopeful concerning a culture change. In part I figured that ol' Danny boy would be too busy with his new and mounting issues to concern himself with on the on the field of the WFT. I think I was wrong.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about this being a negative reflection on the culture change.

Reports are that Haskins doesn’t prep well or work hard enough. If true, this could be exactly what the team needs to establish a culture change.

Your QB has to be a leader and among the hardest workers on the team. If he isn’t, the team culture simply can’t be a positive one.

Current reports don't seem to track with past reports that Haskins came into whatever passed as OTCs. In shape, slimmer, eager and ready to get to work. Going 1-3 and 0-3 the last 3 games, in his stint as starter. Doesn't seem like it would be a trigger for Haskins to start showing up late for games and not working hard.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reports are that Haskins doesn’t prep well or work hard enough. If true, this could be exactly what the team needs to establish a culture change.

Your QB has to be a leader and among the hardest workers on the team. If he isn’t, the team culture simply can’t be a positive one.
I agree with you Lance, that this does NOT necessarily mean a culture change fail. Or that it is business as usual at Redskins Park. I can understand why SOME might feel that way however.

Let’s look at the major red flags that might indicate a continued Clown Show as well as another possible more positive interpretation.

1) HOW this benching came about.

I woulda respected it much more if there had been CONSISTENCY in the message about what we are doing this year from RR.

If DH isn’t your guy, start Allen from Day 1 or start the season saying DH and Kyle were gonna both be evaluated from DAY 1.

No way this hasn’t eroded trust in RR from this fan base

OTOH, this is RRs team and he’s allowed to change his mind. It is his team to handle in the way that he thinks is best. That’s what we hired him for. None of us know what was happening behind the scenes during the week. Especially in this COVID year

Attitude, film watching and detailed prepping for games matter. So does coach-ability, humbleness, understanding and accepting the flaws your coaches might be telling you to work on and NOT repeating mistakes. Also, appears there was some recurring social media issues that went back to last year.

Was DH getting it? Seems not, based on the crazy turnabout of ‘having his back’

We also have no clue regarding the Locker room and what RR was seeing there.

2) The leak out of the organization that a benching might come...SUN morning....of course. Now THAT screamed business as usual for us. I cannot respect that at all.

I’ve got nothing Positive about this at all. Smdh. When will we keep our dirty laundry in house.

3) RR and his absurd answers regarding ‘protecting players from injuries’, on field test for his rookie QB in an actual game on 4th and goal that was on view for all to see him fail at.

The flip-flopping on whether this year was about wins or R&D.

The likely answer here is monkey business regarding Danny Boy and a quid pro quo...yet again with a QB he is attached to. This we’ve seen from time immemorial at this point. Totally believable.

So how does RR get out of a QB that is not your choice? Or did he believe in DH in the beginning?

This is where it all becomes speculation outside the pressers RR is giving and you can believe those or not. Likely the truth is somewhere between the lines.

Reality is, Fans shouldn’t KNOW all the truth of behind the scenes activity. In fact, successful franchises keep things close to the vest.

Maybe RR thought DH would step up. Maybe he used the first four games as TC instead, given the COVID year and had seen enuff.

Maybe Scott Turner was more involved in this decision then we know. If DH could not get his concepts, RR would have STs back likely.

And then there’s the state of the weak NFCE.

Personally I buy into the theory that this created an easy exit ramp for bridging to Alex Smith.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sportster 72

If Kyle shits the bed with TOs...you are gonna be the predictive gaaaaawd, lol

I’m counting on the positive affect of a new guy back there who won’t make boneheaded rookie mistakes. Here hoping his mental reps place him further along the growth phase than what he showed at the end of his tenure inCarolina.

For the good of our team, extra bonus, I might win our bet! :dance:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the leak about Haskins getting benched possibly come from his own agent? After that tweet of his I’d say that’s very possible.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current reports don't seem to track with past reports that Haskins came into whatever passed as OTCs. In shape, slimmer, eager and ready to get to work. Going 1-3 and 0-3 the last 3 games, in his stint as starter. Doesn't seem like it would be a trigger for Haskins to start showing up late for games and not working hard.
Hard to quantify, know if true, or if spin control leaks, but Report: Dwayne Haskins' work habits regressed early in season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

once real evidence of this comes out and not some "un-named source " BS then i will revisit that point and admit to error . i look at what he did to remold his body in the offseason and that doesnt jive with me that he didnt continue to do so in all phases . and i have posted evidence of that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to quantify, know if true, or if spin control leaks, but Report: Dwayne Haskins' work habits regressed early in season

Whether the report is false or not...if he worked harder you think it would show on the field. Not always the case but from pics sent in the offseason it seemed like he was working every day and it seemed like the Skins thought so too.

I am interested to know if DH was RR's guy from the start and he just saw him regress or if RR didn't believe in him and just gave him a chance. If the later was the case he would have been better suited to sit and learn while Allen started this season and under a system he's been in Carolina bc that is the reason RR gave in the end. That is the part I don't really get. Just a lot of mess here tbh. Too many rumors not sure what to believe. Either way no way Haskins can back from this...he is gone. I don't see him ever taking another snap for Washington again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. Hard to know what's true. The wildest shit I read was that Haskins n RR were discussing DH's play of the first 4 games and Haskins thought his play was fine. If that's true someone needs to commit Dwayne cuz he just might be stark raving mad.
if he thought that now , then he was as high as a GA pine

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through four games, Haskins had the NFL's lowest total QBR (30.9), which measures a quarterback's impact on the game. Despite throwing for 314 yards in Week 4, Haskins had the NFL's second-lowest total QBR at 31.5. He ranked last in the league in completion percentage on throws that traveled 5 air yards or more (43.6).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope this isn’t Tim vs the rams

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.