• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow. Just wow!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of them. They good?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures.... Now that the world is ending the Bengals decide to participate.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Adding Trae Waynes will allow for the Bengals to cut Kirkpatrick. With Dennard signing with the Jags, you have:

W. Jackson III (outside)
Waynes (outside)

Darius Phillips is the backup to either. Need a slot corner, which they could obtain in the draft or via Free Agency...since we do that now.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Kirkpatrick, Glenn and trading Dalton will free up a ton.

I still feel like we need a veteran LB and now that the good ones are gone, I am thinking we need to trade for one, use our 2nd or 3rd round pick to try and sign one. Tons of trades occurring this year, so teams are open minded. See who we can fleece from the Texans, they seem stupid.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure we have to plan to pay Burrow something if he succeeds.

We do, but we have 4 years before we have to purge, and a 5th with only needing to get a little room freed up. That is the great thing about a rookie QB contract.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we can sign some more half injured targets for him to not throw at.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, stopping the run starts up front. Hard to get much better than the DT they signed - massive space eater and will allow Geno to really work 1-1, not to mention the DE's. I really, really like this move.

Don't know a ton about the CB, but has ranked very well in both coverage and run support.

Agree that a LB is still needed, but again - stopping the run starts up front. You can have great LB's, but if the OL is allowed to run free down field to block, it won't matter much.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals release Webb, and are rumored to be shopping Kirkpatrick, and will cut him if no takers.

Also just released starting Guard John Miller

Sounds like, to me, they may have another CB in the works, and maybe an OL?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals release Webb, and are rumored to be shopping Kirkpatrick, and will cut him if no takers.

Also just released starting Guard John Miller

Sounds like, to me, they may have another CB in the works, and maybe an OL?

This is not typical Mike Brown behavior. Maybe he is letting Tobin and Taylor call more shots than we originally thought? He just told them, save a little money for injuries and draft slots and keep us out of bad situations in the future and you can have free run?

Schobert was being courted by the Bengals too, but Jacksonville offered him more years. So he went to Jax.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not typical Mike Brown behavior. Maybe he is letting Tobin and Taylor call more shots than we originally thought? He just told them, save a little money for injuries and draft slots and keep us out of bad situations in the future and you can have free run?

Schobert was being courted by the Bengals too, but Jacksonville offered him more years. So he went to Jax.
Yeah, the Jax offer was a huge offer - Bengals decided not to match. If it came down to the DT or the LB, I'm OK with the DT because I believe everything you do - and I mean everything - starts with the lines.

No matter what offense or defense you run - if your line is crap - the rest of the players around them immediately become worse. You can be the best QB in the world, but without time...Or the best RB, but without space...And as a CB, you can only cover a WR for so long if the QB has all day to wait, and as a LB, you can't to your spots to make plays if the OL has free reign downfield to block you...and so on, and so forth.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Jax offer was a huge offer - Bengals decided not to match. If it came down to the DT or the LB, I'm OK with the DT because I believe everything you do - and I mean everything - starts with the lines.

No matter what offense or defense you run - if your line is crap - the rest of the players around them immediately become worse. You can be the best QB in the world, but without time...Or the best RB, but without space...And as a CB, you can only cover a WR for so long if the QB has all day to wait, and as a LB, you can't to your spots to make plays if the OL has free reign downfield to block you...and so on, and so forth.

So we have Dalton, Kirkpatrick on the trading block. We have picks 2-7.

I would still like to see us give Eifert an incentive based contract for a year.

Who may be attainable through trade as a LB? Teams with multiple good LB'ers and a weak QB or CB and in need of picks?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're lining up an offensive lineman. The Miller cut was a pretty good sign for this.... Otherwise, I can't see why they are aggressively freeing up money, unless they are planning a big signing bonus for AJ Green.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're lining up an offensive lineman. The Miller cut was a pretty good sign for this.... Otherwise, I can't see why they are aggressively freeing up money, unless they are planning a big signing bonus for AJ Green.

I am not opposed to AJ for a few more years, but I would wait and see if he can stay healthy for one year on the franchise tag. No point dedicating that much money on him until he can prove to stay healthy.

I think we are just freeing up money on mistake signings or guys that had their contracts surpass their ability.

If we can swing a starting LB, OL and an incentive laden contract for Eifert, I will be VERY VERY happy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not opposed to AJ for a few more years, but I would wait and see if he can stay healthy for one year on the franchise tag. No point dedicating that much money on him until he can prove to stay healthy.

I think we are just freeing up money on mistake signings or guys that had their contracts surpass their ability.

If we can swing a starting LB, OL and an incentive laden contract for Eifert, I will be VERY VERY happy.
Well, you got your starting guard.

I must say - I am pleasantly surprised with the 3 F/A's they've signed, and the direction they are going with a near gutting of some spots. Not just freeing up cap space, but finally getting rid of the dead weight.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you got your starting guard.

I must say - I am pleasantly surprised with the 3 F/A's they've signed, and the direction they are going with a near gutting of some spots. Not just freeing up cap space, but finally getting rid of the dead weight.

That sounds line a good signing. Now a LB and incentives for Eifert. Redskins have contacted Eifert though.