• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you rather have Mike Trout with current contract or the first overall pick in next 5 drafts?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr, I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know .Have you ever coached a game? Seriously? Did you play?
Dude, you keep saying that phrase. "I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know." Why don't you impart your wisdom on me then, instead of just saying that over and over. Like for starters, tell me how Correa is on the same trajectory as Alex Rodriguez. And then you can glance over to the 19th Century player thread and tell me which players I missed. Please, I want to be able to at least learn as much as you've forgotten!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you keep saying that phrase. "I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know." Why don't you impart your wisdom on me then, instead of just saying that over and over. Like for starters, tell me how Correa is on the same trajectory as Alex Rodriguez. And then you can glance over to the 19th Century player thread and tell me which players I missed. Please, I want to be able to at least learn as much as you've forgotten!
It's very simple Omar. Click onto your computer .Pull your nose out of the advanced stat section of baseball reference.... Look up any sight that contains scouting reports from any MLB scout....see what player THEY almost unanimously compare the kid to....then try to find some ridiculous statline that proves you're still right

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are plenty of circumstances that could impact my decision making, like how competitive is my team, what are its needs, what's our payroll and how good is my scouting department/draft history.

Generally speaking though, my answer is pretty clearly Trout. You know what they say; a bird in hand is better than two fingers in a bush, or something like that.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jr, I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know .Have you ever coached a game? Seriously? Did you play?
And not that playing baseball is necessarily fundamental to understanding it, but yes I played baseball. In high school I played for a school called St. Mark's. I'm sure you've never heard of them being your Texas origin, but everyone around the Wilmington area widely regards them as the greatest high school baseball program in the state, winning over 10 championships in the last 15-20 years.

@mannyz can back me up

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK is like the guy at the gym whose sitting on the bench telling people how much he benches while other people actually bench

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very simple Omar. Click onto your computer .Pull your nose out of the advanced stat section of baseball reference.... Look up any sight that contains scouting reports from any MLB scout....see what player THEY almost unanimously compare the kid to....then try to find some ridiculous statline that proves you're still right
:L

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are plenty of circumstances that could impact my decision making, like how competitive is my team, what are its needs, what's our payroll and how good is my scouting department/draft history.

Generally speaking though, my answer is pretty clearly Trout. You know what they say; a bird in hand is better than two fingers in a bush, or something like that.

Is there anything really better than 2 fingers in the bush?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect a character with the ilk of UK to come back with some bullshit about batting average, but that isn't even applicable here
Sigh... You didn't answer my question about played or coached the game, but I digress......
When you watch a game on TV egghead, (I assume you've at least watched a game), when a guy steps to the plate for an AB, does the network, be it Fox, ESPN, TBS, whoever, post the guys batting average, HR's and RBI, or do they post his WAR, OPS, and XYZ? You know numbers in a book, you know Jack shit about the game

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh... You didn't answer my question about played or coached the game, but I digress......
When you watch a game on TV egghead, (I assume you've at least watched a game), when a guy steps to the plate for an AB, does the network, be it Fox, ESPN, TBS, whoever, post the guys batting average, HR's and RBI, or do they post his WAR, OPS, and XYZ? You know numbers in a book, you know Jack shit about the game
Um, I did answer your question about playing... by saying I played for my high school team? Obvious reading comprehension skills aside, no, (most) telecasts don't post WAR stats in a guy's box (although some are starting to post OPS numbers). Do you understand that things evolve? Or do you understand that just because a certain network does things one way, that they might be wrong? No I guess not. We should all just listen to the John Kruk's and Goose Gossage's and Tim McCarver's of the world, right?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why does Fox, TBS, ESPN (whoever) show BA? Because they are catering to the LCD. OPS, OBP, SLG, WAR, and other more recent stats require a more dedicated fan to understand.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<UK at the gas station>

"I'll have a pack of Marlboro's please."

<Gets handed Newports>

Jeez, I thought I said Marlboro's. I must have said Newport's. Or maybe these are Marlboro cigarettes packaged in a Newport box? Well, I'll just roll with it. This teenager is paid to give cigarettes to people. Surely he knows what he's doing and mustn't be questioned

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Were you a pro athlete? At anything?
1. No
2. Do I have to be a pro athlete to understand how baseball works
3. I guess you were a pro athlete? Damn

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<UK at the gas station>

"I'll have a pack of Marlboro's please."

<Gets handed Newports>

Jeez, I thought I said Marlboro's. I must have said Newport's. Or maybe these are Marlboro cigarettes packaged in a Newport box? Well, I'll just roll with it. This teenager is paid to give cigarettes to people. Surely he knows what he's doing and mustn't be questioned
Don't smoke, never have. I'm sure you do, since you never played anything past HS

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't smoke, never have. I'm sure you do, since you never played anything past HS
No, I don't. I wish I could be as good and strong as super-athlete super-human internet tough guy UK was

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No
2. Do I have to be a pro athlete to understand how baseball works
3. I guess you were a pro athlete? Damn
No you certainly don't have to have been a pro athlete to have a valid opinion. That comment was for your sitting on the bench post .I'm sure you knew all about the bench

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you certainly don't have to have been a pro athlete to have a valid opinion. That comment was for your sitting on the bench post .I'm sure you knew all about the bench
Hahahahahahaha

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK seriously doesn't know what an analogy is!