• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Would you make this deal?

Would you trade Kelenic and Raleigh for Merrifield and Perez?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Yes with some reworking

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted no but only because both guys are on the wrong side of 30. If you're gonna trade those two you gotta get someone younger IMO. I'd absolutely love to get Perez. If he was going on 28 instead of 32 I'd say yes.
Yeah that's my biggest issue with the proposal is the ages of the players proposed. If they were both 3 years younger I'd say yes as well.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's my biggest issue with the proposal is the ages of the players proposed. If they were both 3 years younger I'd say yes as well.
I guess I am looking at a 3 year max run for the M's at best so that played into the go for it move.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for me I look at 2022 as the start of what is hoping to be the window they have. In 2023 hopefully you have a Kelenic and Gilbert a year established with maybe J-rod/Hancock and Kirby making debuts at somepoint in 2022 with Marte hopefully coming 2023.

I see this season more as starting to lay the ground work as oppose to the all in trades. Given they should absolutely still be spending money and competing for a division/playoff spot NOW

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given they should absolutely still be spending money and competing for a division/playoff spot NOW
I guess I don't differentiate between building a team to go all in for a playoff spot and a team to win it all. Anything can happen in the playoffs, so if you get there a break or two is all any team needs town it all IMO.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't differentiate between building a team to go all in for a playoff spot and a team to win it all. Anything can happen in the playoffs, so if you get there a break or two is all any team needs town it all IMO.
i think for me it just depends on the age of the "core" you are building around or how close you think are to being a top team. Its still kinda unknown how close this team is because I think we can agree they kind of played above their talent level last year. The moves they have made thus far maybe get them closer to an actual 90 win team rather then going from 90 to 95 wins or something.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think for me it just depends on the age of the "core" you are building around or how close you think are to being a top team. Its still kinda unknown how close this team is because I think we can agree they kind of played above their talent level last year. The moves they have made thus far maybe get them closer to an actual 90 win team rather then going from 90 to 95 wins or something.
I agree with that. I think they heavily outplayed their talent level. But a few more solid additions can make them legit...I believe.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. I think they heavily outplayed their talent level. But a few more solid additions can make them legit...I believe.
Yes and I am still hoping that comes this offseason.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and I am still hoping that comes this offseason.
I think it has to because you most likely lose Haniger at the end of the year making that another addition needed and the bullpen might be wiped out by then as well if we keep having 5 inning starts next year. Add big this year, redefine the following year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to because you most likely lose Haniger at the end of the year making that another addition needed and the bullpen might be wiped out by then as well if we keep having 5 inning starts next year. Add big this year, redefine the following year.
Adding Ray should help with that. Although you are still technically down 2 starters with Anderson and Kikuchi so hopefully one more is added

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Ray should help with that. Although you are still technically down 2 starters with Anderson and Kikuchi so hopefully one more is added
I was talking offense though it wasn't clear. But Ray was a huge get even (knock on wood) if he fails. I love that move and you have to take chances like that when you are Seattle. I give them an A+ on that deal. And agree they need one more big arm if nothing else to help the pen.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking offense though it wasn't clear. But Ray was a huge get even (knock on wood) if he fails. I love that move and you have to take chances like that when you are Seattle. I give them an A+ on that deal. And agree they need one more big arm if nothing else to help the pen.
I pretty much fell over because I cant remember this organization ever signing a decent pitcher. Was the last pitcher they even signed to a semi decent contract Silva? But yeah pen at least should add Giles and Munoz if anything even considering guys will regress. Need a lefty tho

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much fell over because I cant remember this organization ever signing a decent pitcher. Was the last pitcher they even signed to a semi decent contract Silva? But yeah pen at least should add Giles and Munoz if anything even considering guys will regress. Need a lefty tho
Man my stomach just dropped with you mentioning Silva.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to talk about so here is a hypothetical. Would you or wouldn't you?

Kelenic and Raleigh

for

Merrifield and Perez

I am always fascinated to see reactions to things I see a particular way.
No. Perez is 32. He isn't going to be able to keep catching 120 games a season much longer. And I always be wondering if he'll get busted for roids. Merrifield is going to cost about $65 million from 2022-2025. Kelenic will cost about $15 million. Kelenic's star is on the rise. Merrifield is 33 which is getting long in the tooth for a guy whose primary value is his speed.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed Sele. That turned out pretty good - the first time. The second time, not so much.
Iwakuma. Better than I thought he would turn out to be.
They traded for Bedard and Cliff Lee. The Cliff Lee trade was okay. The Bedard trade was atrocious. And nobody knew both pitchers would be assholes.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelenic and Raleigh

for

Merrifield and Perez

Anyone change their minds on this question?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelenic and Raleigh

for

Merrifield and Perez

As a Tigers fans ... I love this trade Merrifield and Perez is the soul of the Royals. Great Leadership from the Royals ... gone!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Kelenic is still 22.. if he just stops trying to belt everything outta the park and just focus on making contact the slugging should naturally come.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Kelenic is still 22.. if he just stops trying to belt everything outta the park and just focus on making contact the slugging should naturally come.
Many of prospects never found that 'If' in the majors though. It is a tough call either way. And it also depends if you are still calling yourself a rebuild team or a contender.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of prospects never found that 'If' in the majors though. It is a tough call either way. And it also depends if you are still calling yourself a rebuild team or a contender.
But just mathematically the M’s are due to have one their young players become stars. Problem is for the past two decades we trade then they go onto to becoming stars. I am not even close to giving up on Kelenic or JRod. But a stud catcher as apart of the deal I would listen to when it comes to Kelenic, but preferably an injury prone guy like say Hancock.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez...is on both my fantasy...teams...but..this sounds like an offseason trade...to grab catcher for catcher..+//the outfield is what
they really...need