• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

would the eagles throw foles into the trade?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because im having a hard time thinking just getting marshall is going to make geno any better.....

worst case scenario the jets take MM for themselves??

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because im having a hard time thinking just getting marshall is going to make geno any better.....

worst case scenario the jets take MM for themselves??
Foles will be part of the Mariota trade up, if it actually happens. Don't be surprised if the Jets get Foles by the conclusion of day 1 in the draft

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles, the Eagles first and second rounders this year, and a second or third rounder next year for the rights to MM?

If I'm the Jets and I'm thinking "win now", I look long and hard at that deal.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be a lot of speculation in the NY media tying Foles to the Jest. I would feel bad for Foles if he was traded there--he is a nice boy-scout Texas kid who is the antithesis of what the NY media wants in terms of interviews etc. I firmly believe he can play though. He's tough, and very competitive.

If Philly could get two firsts this year, including one in the top 10, I think trading for Mariota starts to become very plausible. Two firsts this year and a first next year and you are really in the ballpark. Maybe takes a player or another pick more, but that is about it.

I don't think MM will be there at the Jets' pick, btw. I think the trade would be Philly getting the Jets pick via a Foles trade of some kind in a bid to move further up.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles is so good why would you want to give up all those picks just for Mariota. Foles had an outstanding season two years ago and his season last year before injury wasn't all that bad I don't see how giving up a lot of picks will get you a playoff win.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Foles runs like Bernie Kosar with a piano on his back, and Kelly likes run-option plays. Foles is not a good fit for Kelly's offense.

I personally would NOT trade Foles, just to be clear. But I have accepted the reality that Chip will go balls out for his boy, because he needs a scrambling QB to make his scheme work the way he really wants it to.

One other point of clarification: Chip Kelly is not aiming for "a playoff win". Kelly is a risk taker. He wants to build a juggernaut and will make big, bold moves to do it. He's not coaching to go 10-6 again like he did the past two seasons, clearly. He could probably do that forever in Philly if he wanted to, given the market size/owner/assets at his disposal. He is shaking things up.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Foles runs like Bernie Kosar with a piano on his back, and Kelly likes run-option plays. Foles is not a good fit for Kelly's offense.

I personally would NOT trade Foles, just to be clear. But I have accepted the reality that Chip will go balls out for his boy, because he needs a scrambling QB to make his scheme work the way he really wants it to.

One other point of clarification: Chip Kelly is not aiming for "a playoff win". Kelly is a risk taker. He wants to build a juggernaut and will make big, bold moves to do it. He's not coaching to go 10-6 again like he did the past two seasons, clearly. He could probably do that forever in Philly if he wanted to, given the market size/owner/assets at his disposal. He is shaking things up.

If it was me I would go with the person who has done it before than take a chance on a Rookie. I wouldn't risk my job on it and in the NFL that is exactly what you are doing. I realize that every ones goal is the SB but you have to start winning playoff games first. I guess everyone wants their guy they will live and die by them.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip's job is not in danger. Even if he got fired in Philly, he'd probably wind up coaching a major division I college program like USC or something afterward. He is not thinking that way, trust me. I guess you could say he has that luxury.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he would not be unemployed long. Though not every coach is Saban or Spurrier they want to coach the NFL I just wouldn't risk that chance on Mariota if I already had a perfectly good QB in place, but maybe that's why I am not a coach. Im not a risk taker.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets should be SALIVATING at the chance of a trade with the Eagles for Mariota. He's UNBELIEVABLY hyped as a one and run (one option read, and take off) QB and will not do that great in the NFL (IMO - will happily eat crow if wrong). As a fan of an NFC Team that will be a day 1 win for me. Seeing the Eagles further tank their franchise.

To get, the 20th overall, Foles (meh, better than anything they have), next years 1st, and a TON of mid round picks would be amazing. I would decline Foles if I was the Jets and take another couple mid round picks, but it's the Jets.

And that is the whole point. This is a franchise that traded up to get Mark ****ing Sanchez. I know the Jets will screw this up and take Mariota or just draft some player that makes zero sense.

IF the Jets are smart and Mariota is there at 6, you HAVE to trade to Chip's Philadelphia Deagles. It's amusing watching a college HC run a franchise into the ground, but I'm having a blast with it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be a lot of speculation in the NY media tying Foles to the Jest. I would feel bad for Foles if he was traded there.
I'd feel worse for him if he stays in Philly.