• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would drafting a C or G upset you?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I was pissed last year when it happened. I'm pretty sure I would be pissed this year as well.

This post right here woulda normally got you the ole' your life is so miserable and blah blah blah.
But not no more!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would be upset if a 5th round pick was used for another C ?

I would like to see first 4 rounds on defense myself but I know many like to see flip flop on picks for defense and offense. I would have no problem spending a pick on a center in the 5th round if that's what the new GM and coaching staff think.

My main focus for this draft is a starter caliber LDE and DT then onto a SS, CB, OLB, ILB,

Mine is LB first, then either O-line or D-line for 2 and 3. Notre Dame has a couple of LBs I am interested in. I am satisfied with what I see in D Taylor at LDE. He seems to get better every other game. He tore it up vs SF. I am also much more comfortable at CB then at the begining of the year, but I would be OK with it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is LB first, then either O-line or D-line for 2 and 3. Notre Dame has a couple of LBs I am interested in. I am satisfied with what I see in D Taylor at LDE. He seems to get better every other game. He tore it up vs SF. I am also much more comfortable at CB then at the begining of the year, but I would be OK with it.

Are you looking more MLB or OLB? Honestly I'm okay with either as long he's a 3 down backer. A cover LB is needed badly!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather draft a PF and put him at TE.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is priority no.1

Our +/- on defense is down to 15 from 27 last year. No pressure on QB = no turnovers.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you looking more MLB or OLB? Honestly I'm okay with either as long he's a 3 down backer. A cover LB is needed badly!

I think you are correct in that OLB would be a higher priority. All of our remaining LBs have experience in the middle. Also, Levy may not be fast enough any more for coverage so he may have to move back to the middle. Just getting Tully out of there will be huge too.

I would love if we had Levy in the middle flanked by Bynes and Jaylon Smith. Or even Bynes in the middle with those 2.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are correct in that OLB would be a higher priority. All of our remaining LBs have experience in the middle. Also, Levy may not be fast enough any more for coverage so he may have to move back to the middle. Just getting Tully out of there will be huge too.

I would love if we had Levy in the middle flanked by Bynes and Jaylon Smith. Or even Bynes in the middle with those 2.

With Levy being a huge ? now, I'd agree that OLB is a big hole. Whitehead can man the middle.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always felt the center position is one of the most underrated positions in football. The center is the second most important position in football.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Levy being a huge ? now, I'd agree that OLB is a big hole. Whitehead can man the middle.

We will know what is going on with Levy based on whether they draft an OLB early or a MLB later or something in between.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need upgrades on both lines. I'd like to see a LB in the first round if there is one there that grades out. A DT in the 2nd and a Safety in the 3rd. I'd like to see them try to upgrade Center through FA. Cleveland can hate us after we snag theirs.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need upgrades on both lines. I'd like to see a LB in the first round if there is one there that grades out. A DT in the 2nd and a Safety in the 3rd. I'd like to see them try to upgrade Center through FA. Cleveland can hate us after we snag theirs.

Not the first time I've read about that C.

LP how is Jared Norris in coverage if he covered at all? Not a lot of highlight film on him. Been looking at mid round kids at the LB spots.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reggie Ragland LB
Austin Johnson DT
Kevin Byard SS comp pick in 3rd would work.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris is a monster. Curious to see what grade they throw on him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the first time I've read about that C.

LP how is Jared Norris in coverage if he covered at all? Not a lot of highlight film on him. Been looking at mid round kids at the LB spots.

Norris is not projected as a 4-3 MLB so he may not be on our radar. He is not that good in coverage from what I have read. Ragland is the only MLB that is worthy of a 1st. Otherwise wait until later in the draft and get a guy like Joe Schmidt. At least he can cover backs out of the backfield as well. Schmidt will fall because he does not have great 40 speed.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is priority no.1

Our +/- on defense is down to 15 from 27 last year. No pressure on QB = no turnovers.

I'm not sure offensive tackle isn't more important. The position has been ignored for far too long. Even if you believe the Lions can get by with Reiff and Ola, there still isn't any depth they can count on. And since OTs aren't exactly coming in pro ready these days, it's probably two years before they can give you any consistency.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris is not projected as a 4-3 MLB so he may not be on our radar. He is not that good in coverage from what I have read. Ragland is the only MLB that is worthy of a 1st. Otherwise wait until later in the draft and get a guy like Joe Schmidt. At least he can cover backs out of the backfield as well. Schmidt will fall because he does not have great 40 speed.

I thought Paul was the better coverage line backer, both are fantastic and just make plays.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler Fackrell is probably the best lb coming out of a Utah college this year, but I doubt he gets past the second round.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F
I'm not sure offensive tackle isn't more important. The position has been ignored for far too long. Even if you believe the Lions can get by with Reiff and Ola, there still isn't any depth they can count on. And since OTs aren't exactly coming in pro ready these days, it's probably two years before they can give you any consistency.

Thats the the problem Fog, these kids don't get the time they use to for development. NFL is win now, people want instant results or you're a bust. IMO the owners created that by going to smaller rosters.

The two kids who may be there for us are Spriggs from Indiana and Decker OSU. IMO neither are instant upgrades over Reiff. Might be like you say in year two though. Remember how the pick of Reiff was viewed not starting year one. So would a pick of those two.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is priority no.1

You can accomplish same results for pressure by landing a impact DE also.

(+/-) is zero overall for the team since the bye week. 4/4 so I agree that number looks good for the offense, but not good enough for the defense.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really wouldn't upset me, but we drafted a guard last year. I do think we need a new Center because Swanson looks like a backup, but LT seems to be our biggest hole on the line atm.