• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would Broncos trade Miller ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty easy to just have a continuous stream of conciousness (no matter how petty, reactionary or just plain ole dumb) with so much attention and access to social media like twitter, instagram, etc. Everybody has an opinion- some like to be louder than others. 10-15 years ago? Maybe not as much.

Good point. They do have easier access to voice their frustrations compared to years past. I would think though players can figure out pretty quick how much social media can get them in trouble. Such as with Von his cutting Elway out of a picture seems pretty petty to me if it was meant as a shot at the Broncos for low-balling his offer. He has gone in interviews and complained and backtracked on comments and just made this whole thing a very public issue. Not exactly the best way to get a team to want to pay you big money.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what CD? Now McDaniels is off the table!!!! Your gonna have your hands full with an irate Elway and Orange Crush faithful

Oh man...Well time to go into hiding from my fellow Bronco fans for losing out on McDaniels.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or go traveling with TGANN and his caravan

Tgann and I don't seem to be on speaking terms since he lost a bet to me. For some reason having his picture changed on here made him lose it and well he decided to go off the deep end and cut off ties with me. So no idea where his hiding place is right now. Might have to try and find MotherMarge and hide with her.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tgann and I don't seem to be on speaking terms since he lost a bet to me. For some reason having his picture changed on here made him lose it and well he decided to go off the deep end and cut off ties with me. So no idea where his hiding place is right now. Might have to try and find MotherMarge and hide with her.

Marge is holed up with Manster, word is he has her down in his well. Now MidnightAngel is available. Just a word to the wise no funny business, unless your drunk and Kaetlyn looks appealing

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller does have a little bit of leverage with this tactic. According to the CBA, if an exclusive franchise tagged player sits out an entire year, the franchise would only receive a 1st and a 3rd round draft pick as compensation the following year vs. TWO first round picks that are required if he were a non-exclusive tagged player. It's not a ton of leverage but Von used it and it's probably part of what got the Broncos to start to move north. That and the fact that they under-estimated the growth in market value and Von's somewhat fragile emotions throughout the process.
He didn't use it, he threatened it because it's the only leverage he's got. But it's incredibly unrealistic to expect him to actually go through with it. The Broncos know this, which is why at the end they'll end up meeting in the middle somewhere.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I don't remember even 10 years ago seeing players get so flustered over contract negotiations and going to the media to talk about how their feelings have been hurt. Seems to be happening league wide.

Well that's how far tv has come in the last 10 years though. Hell everyone has a sports package now with 24/7 sports (espn not withstanding) and now FB, Twitter,You talk or whatever else there is out there

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way Broncos trade Miller is for a straight up with the Pats, to get McDaniels back and kick Kubiak to the curb
Or maybe Dallas signs Hardy and trades him for Miller, I'd be good with, as I'm sure Bronco fans will be too.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos not trying to trade Von Miller — for now

Miller says he prepared to sit out if they tag him.... Elway might have to give in on this one or trade the Super-Bowl MVP ... Elway has proven to be a tough negotiator, but a lot is on the line losing a guy like Miller ...

No, they won't trade him and he won't sit out either....Elway has already upped his offer on the guaranteed money and shortened it by a yr.....If anything changes in that deal now, I sure don't think Elway is going to wow anyone with it....Then Miller will sign the deal and play, when he is sure he can't get anymore...They all lie, it's always about the money.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the hell am I thinking of then?

Probably Andrew Luck, just got the biggest contract in NFL history...Why you ask, because he won a pre season championship one yr , I think !!!! :heh:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Andrew Luck, just got the biggest contract in NFL history...Why you ask, because he won a pre season championship one yr , I think !!!! :heh:

After the Ravens won the Super Bowl that Flacco contract is looking good for the Ravens.. Hasn't it? Peace.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

haha naw I wasn't thinking him. Though that was a ridiculous signing... BUT he does have a chance to live up to it

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't use it, he threatened it because it's the only leverage he's got. But it's incredibly unrealistic to expect him to actually go through with it. The Broncos know this, which is why at the end they'll end up meeting in the middle somewhere.

Then they better hurry, the deadline for long term deals is approaching. I bet Miller ends up signing a one year deal for a little more than the tag and verbiage that they can't use the tag again on him next year.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Ravens won the Super Bowl that Flacco contract is looking good for the Ravens.. Hasn't it? Peace.

Sure is, we have a franchise QB for the duration of his career....And you have 3 bums and a LB who wants to cripple your team with a bigger contract than Joe's....Good times ahead, but not for Donkey fans !!!:nono:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they better hurry, the deadline for long term deals is approaching. I bet Miller ends up signing a one year deal for a little more than the tag and verbiage that they can't use the tag again on him next year.

That is an option but he wants like 25-30mil per yr, and John knows he ain't worth it...:pop2:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they won't trade him and he won't sit out either....Elway has already upped his offer on the guaranteed money and shortened it by a yr.....If anything changes in that deal now, I sure don't think Elway is going to wow anyone with it....Then Miller will sign the deal and play, when he is sure he can't get anymore...They all lie, it's always about the money.....
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I agree with you. Good post.

Sure is, we have a franchise QB for the duration of his career....And you have 3 bums and a LB who wants to cripple your team with a bigger contract than Joe's....Good times ahead, but not for Donkey fans !!!:nono:

aaaaaannnndddd-its-gone.jpg

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes...Flacco's $6.8 million cap hit in 2013 crippled them. :L