• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

worst possible time to be shittiest team in the NFL

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about bad luck. There are no QB's in the draft worth a shit! Why couldn't we suck this bad last year instead?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have allot of confidence in Andy Reid. I think you got a good man there.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I talked about this a bit w/ my friend who's a Chiefs fan.. We basically came to the conclusion to beef up the dumpy o-line. I think Cassel with some time to throw wouldn't be so bad.. I still think Stanzi shows a lot of promise too.

I think the biggest worry has to be at WR / OL next year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always though Cassel was solid. I'd stick with him going in.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick up Sean Glennon.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs have talent. I mean they sent 5 guys to the Pro Bowl and only had 2 wins. :L
That's an amazing feat in itself. LOL 2 Romeo Crennel. Reid should turn them around though. I just know he likes to get pass happy and he'll have Jamal Charles now who led the league in YPC so it'd be in Reid's best interest not to forget about him in the backfield.
I think Cassel can lead this team back to the playoffs.

Titanlova09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo crennel was nothing with the browns and i dont know what made people think he would do any differently at the chiefs. Reid will help big time i think. An upgraded o-line will definetely help. Give them some time in the pocket to work with. Three great young receivers. Bottom line- 1. Upgraded O-line 2. Quarterback with great pocket presence and precision passing. Doesnt necessarily need the cannon for an arm. :burt:

Titanlova09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked about this a bit w/ my friend who's a Chiefs fan.. We basically came to the conclusion to beef up the dumpy o-line. I think Cassel with some time to throw wouldn't be so bad.. I still think Stanzi shows a lot of promise too.

I think the biggest worry has to be at WR / OL next year.
Definetely a prime lineman but i feel like the have a pretty good receiving core. Stanzi showed some potential but it will take time for ANY quarterback to get the offense and fit into the team. Its all about rebuilding.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be setting myself up for some criticism, but whatever. What do you guys think of Alex Smith? Both in terms of likelihood to be picked up and prospects of how he'd do here with Andy Reid? I see limitations in the last two years, but I also don't look at prior to those last two years in judging. Alex has probably learned a lot since his first years, is still young, and Andy's system has been good for some QBs, some even who leave and don't do well (as in did well with Reid, emphasis on "with"). You guys could also go with Flynn, as he'll likely be cut. What do you think of him? Was he not good enough to beat out a rookie or was Wilson just that special and Flynn good, too? (That's the way I see Alex and Kaepernick. Alex good, Kaep better.)

BTW, I'm talking about Alex Smith in either a stop-gap or the QB. Not really backup, but maybe if that's the only way you see him. (I think he'll restructure to a lower contract with SF (or get cut and resign) if he's going to accept a backup job. Or he'll go to an unsettled QB place where he'd have to wait it out and be ready. It's more likely he'll get cut, look elsewhere, and only then come and sign back. I don't think he'd restructure without looking. I don't know if he can look for a trade after restructuring, I think that's against the rules unlike the NBA, and not the best for him. Teams would rather sign and pay instead of trading for and paying.)

Last edited by a moderator:

BearClaw

I Love Choke Artists
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I hearing now that a Chiefs deal for Alex Smith is all but said and done? Good prophesying, MHSL82. I still really like him, and I've had the hardest time understanding how his reputation hasn't improved with the sheer accuracy he provided over the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

In this case, please save some offensive linemen for Chicago, KC!

(Is it acceptable to just dive right in for first posts? I checked the forum rules, and lurked a tiny bit, and I don't want to do anything stupid.)

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I hearing now that a Chiefs deal for Alex Smith is all but said and done? Good prophesying, MHSL82. I still really like him, and I've had the hardest time understanding how his reputation hasn't improved with the sheer accuracy he provided over the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

(Is it acceptable to just dive right in for first posts? I checked the forum rules, and lurked a tiny bit, and I don't want to do anything stupid.)

Welcome to SportsHoopla, sir. :yo:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on who you talk to. Some are fair and realistic. Some are negative, some just repeat what they hear, and some are protecting their predictions. People called him a bust and said why he was a failure - some said it was "just play, just have it, make others better." Then, when Harbaugh picked him, it was the lockout. When Smith started playing better, it was Harbaugh (though he ended 2010 on a 8/1 TD/INT ratio). Then, he won. Game manager. Then, Kaepernick came and his success pushed it back for some. Season ended. People predicted little to no interest. Maybe 7th rounder. Maybe a 4th. Perhaps a 3rd. And then, boom, maybe 2 second rounders. People say, and this is true, but not the only factor, low FA market and QBs in the draft. Then, it'll be Reid and the six pro-bowlers.

Alex Smith has his limitations, but with some, that's all he has. Some people overrate him, but some just spout off without seeing him play. No yards! Well, we do have a great running team and Harbaugh ran a lot at Stanford. Smith audibled into run plays because he's good at pre-snap reads. Harbaugh is a conservative coach once he gets a lead. That won't lead to a lot of yards. When he values ball protection, that means maybe more FGs. Some of that's on Smith, but if people don't watch, they shouldn't comment so quickly. He'll do more with Kaep, but he's still conservative.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have allot of confidence in Andy Reid. I think you got a good man there.

agreed. with the hire of Reid and our new GM i think the Chiefs are finally beginning to turn it around. i expect good things this season, and possibly great things the next. btw, with Pay-Tons Manning throwing for the Donkos their days imo are numbered. guess we'll see how it shakes out...

CL67

Vedder79

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that it's not the greatest year to finish last but I have a feeling that things will turn around for the Chiefs here pretty quick. Andy Reid, with the staff he's assembled, should be able to right the ship and this team has a lot more talent than their play on the field would suggest. I have a feeling that Chiefs fans will finally be privy to watching a team that looks prepared to play on game day for the first time in a long time.

Most mocks have us going with Joeckel at number 1 overall and I really do feel that we couldn't go wrong with him or Fisher. That said, I think that if not for a number of lack luster high end picks on the D-Line, many Chiefs fans would be happy to land Lotuleilei at number 1; assuming his health is all checked out and that he is good to go which appears to be the case. Lotuleilei along side Poe, with Jackson thrown in the mix, could potentially be a freakishly scary front three.

Just my thoughts,

Go Chiefs!

P.S. Looking forward to the draft.