• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Loss By All Teams In Super Bowl Era

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew,one of the most nauseating horrible experiences for me was losing big money. I know many who lost big money on the Pats/Giants as well the year the Pats were undefeated.
I had a $400 Super Bowl [square] that paid $10-grand each quarter,......and I had the final/4th qrt with those 3-precious fg. Points figured in on my Buff. Side of the square,....... $10-g's bought ya a whole lot more back in 1990/91 than fkkn today...!,....lol...!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of betting any action around here during the NFL season on games? Not real action i'm talking about for fun. I see SportsHoopla bookie whats that all about?
I believe the SportsHoopla bookie has his own section [here],.....you have $1000-SportsHoopla bucks to gamble with on your avatar bottom,.......after you win you take a stroll down to the ~Hooplah/General-$Tore~ and buy all the penny-candy/gumdrops/taffy your lil' heart desires,....plenty of Pats gear there too,......the old dude behind the register there is named Mr. Hammered,.....he might follow you around his store so you don't steal anything,.....have fun/good luck.....!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins: Dec. 2, 2007—Bills 17, Redskins 16

This game stands out mostly for the tragic circumstances surrounding it. The matchup came mere days after Sean Taylor was murdered during an armed robbery attempt at his home. Washington, under coach Joe Gibbs, opened this game with just 10 defenders on the field as a tribute to its fallen teammate. It was an emotional, painful afternoon at a rainy FedEx Field.

Then came the ending. Gibbs called timeout to ice Buffalo kicker Rian Lindellbefore a game-winning, 51-yard FG attempt. He then signaled for a second consecutive timeout, an illegal ploy that drew a 15-yard penalty. Lindell hit the ensuing 36-yarder.

:wtf:

A very bizarre pick from someone who obviously does not know skins history. First of all...a regular season game? And a loss against the Bills? :scratch:

I'd rank this one higher

Nov. 16, 2010: Eagles 59, Redskins 28

The worst of the worst. On the same day the Redskins announced a five-year contract extension for quarterback Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson hooked up for an 88-yard touchdown on Philadelphia’s first play from scrimmage en route to a blowout win on “Monday Night Football.”

McNabb threw a season-high three interceptions in the home loss. Albert Haynesworth did this:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one was actually MORE painful to me because we were a solid team at the time.

"Besides, if we’re talking about the Worst Redskins Loss Ever, how can it not be the stinker against the Cowboys in 1989 – at RFK Stadium, no less? That, for my money
For one thing, it was Dallas’ lone victory that season. For another, the Cowboys were in the midst of a 2-26 stretch in which their only wins were over the Redskins. (The other, believe it or not, was in Washington, too.)

On top of that, the Redskins had won the Super Bowl just two years before – and would win it again two years later. But when the clock ran out, the scoreboard read: Dallas 13, Washington 3. The horror."

Worst Loss in Redskins History? Nah. - Washington Times

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins: Dec. 2, 2007—Bills 17, Redskins 16

This game stands out mostly for the tragic circumstances surrounding it. The matchup came mere days after Sean Taylor was murdered during an armed robbery attempt at his home. Washington, under coach Joe Gibbs, opened this game with just 10 defenders on the field as a tribute to its fallen teammate. It was an emotional, painful afternoon at a rainy FedEx Field.

Then came the ending. Gibbs called timeout to ice Buffalo kicker Rian Lindellbefore a game-winning, 51-yard FG attempt. He then signaled for a second consecutive timeout, an illegal ploy that drew a 15-yard penalty. Lindell hit the ensuing 36-yarder.

:wtf:

A very bizarre pick from someone who obviously does not know skins history. First of all...a regular season game? And a loss against the Bills? :scratch:

I'd rank this one higher

Nov. 16, 2010: Eagles 59, Redskins 28

The worst of the worst. On the same day the Redskins announced a five-year contract extension for quarterback Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson hooked up for an 88-yard touchdown on Philadelphia’s first play from scrimmage en route to a blowout win on “Monday Night Football.”

McNabb threw a season-high three interceptions in the home loss. Albert Haynesworth did this:

Hope this makes you feel better, Cali.

Super Bowl XXII Box Score: Washington 42, Denver 10

Certainly no elixir to me!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this makes you feel better, Cali.

Super Bowl XXII Box Score: Washington 42, Denver 10

Certainly no elixir to me!

One of my favorite Super Bowls. My high school WRs coach (would become the offensive coordinator the year after I left) was Clint Didier. It's kind've cool to go back and not only see someone you personally know play in a Super Bowl, but to score a touchdown as well.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THey nailed it on the Eagles. If they ever should have won a SB it was 2003. THey were a better team then Tampa... but just not that day.
:heh:

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing is back when i first started watching football more often than not the Super Bowl would be boring or a blowout. One of the first SB i saw was Bears killing Pats 46-10. Very next one Giants 39/Broncos 20 then Washington 42/Denver 10,San Francisco 55 Denver 10,Wash 37/Buff 24,Dallas 52/Buff 17,49ers 49/Chargers 26,etc,etc. There would be a good one here and there like NY Giants 20/Buff 19 or 49ers last minute win against Cincy.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You raise a legitimate point. Not at all certain that Denver would have beaten GB, or even advanced to SB, in '96. Tell yourself what you like about '97. Scoreboard don't lie.
Oh, I did not mean to come across as bitter there. Denver deserved that win. Besides, Green Bay got a make-up SB in 2010. We were probably not the best team that year.

That just happens in football some years.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I did not mean to come across as bitter there. Denver deserved that win. Besides, Green Bay got a make-up SB in 2010. We were probably not the best team that year.

That just happens in football some years.

No doubt.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it was the 2010 NFCCG when GB beat the Bears, in Chicago, and then AR held up the Halas Trophy.

They deserved the win, but damn it hurt.