• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst #1 Draft Picks of All-Time

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its WAAAAYY to early to go there, but Anthony Bennett is on pace to join this club.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0. LBJ He was too good to have anymore high draft picks and no FA was willing to move to Cleveland so...yea, draft and trade him the best move possible.

Its WAAAAYY to early to go there, but Anthony Bennett is on pace to join this club.

I disagree with TOO early, 2 things he has going for him to rank very high on this list: CLE chose him there fore you know he was the wrong choice (anybody who did a google search on him could have told you that) and next he is living up to every thing you would expect from that google search.

A google search would reveal this:

-Asthma
-Sleep apnea
-Likes to stay out late (probably partying meaning not going to take his job seriously and recovery and injuries will continue to be an issue)
-Injury history (minorish but CLE has a history of injuries, should look into better trainers)
-Canadian (bazinga)

Current rank IMO is very honorable mention.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HizzleRocker, great post. Yup, I too wonder if the big men theme is a pattern. Now we know some great big men were number ones, but many were duds.

For me its nervous Pervis.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken out of paranoia and fear, but this is why I hope my Lakers draft a top guard this year. Seeing as we only get this chance and don't have another pick till 2016 - We CANNOT afford to miss on our lottery pick this year.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0. LBJ He was too good to have anymore high draft picks and no FA was willing to move to Cleveland so...yea, draft and trade him the best move possible.

I disagree with TOO early, 2 things he has going for him to rank very high on this list: CLE chose him there fore you know he was the wrong choice (anybody who did a google search on him could have told you that) and next he is living up to every thing you would expect from that google search.

A google search would reveal this:

-Asthma
-Sleep apnea
-Likes to stay out late (probably partying meaning not going to take his job seriously and recovery and injuries will continue to be an issue)
-Injury history (minorish but CLE has a history of injuries, should look into better trainers)
-Canadian (bazinga)

Current rank IMO is very honorable mention.

You son of a bitch lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be worth noting that there are far more #1 overall picks that were big-men than there are that were not.

3 of the last 6 #1 picks were Guards (Irving, Wall, & Rose).

But the 30 years before that??? 2 guards!! Iverson and Magic (although you could argue whether Magic was truly guard or not).

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Smith had a decent career.

He came out strong and was a solid 15/7 guy for many years.
He was relatively decent at defense as well.

Forget about his last few old age seasons, his core prime years were a little above average.

The problem with Smith is that he kept getting traded all the time from one bad team to another.
He always seemed to have a salary cap match dump contract at the wrong time.

he certainly should not be ranked higher than Kwame, Oden, or the Candyman on any bust list.

He spent 16 (relatively) productive years in the NBA.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Smith had a decent career.

He came out strong and was a solid 15/7 guy for many years.
He was relatively decent at defense as well.

Forget about his last few old age seasons, his core prime years were a little above average.

The problem with Smith is that he kept getting traded all the time from one bad team to another.
He always seemed to have a salary cap match dump contract at the wrong time.

he certainly should not be ranked higher than Kwame, Oden, or the Candyman on any bust list.

He spent 16 (relatively) productive years in the NBA.

Kind of agree with you there. I was just listing them in order of the story. He should be on the list - especially for an overall #1 pick - but not necessarily #2.

Superdonk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Anthony Bennett already deserves to be on that list.

And in Oden/Portland's defense, Oden was a bust because of the injuries, not because he could not play. He was turning a corner right before he blew out his knee, the second time, and never played for Portland again.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest Leflopper in the history of the NBA deserves to be right up there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Smith was a solid role player for his career, right?