• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worse Deflategate or PED Use?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a mod can make this a poll?
What do people find worse inflating/deflating balls outside of the NFL parameters or players being caught using illegal performance enhancing drugs?
Discuss

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one gives a player the advantage, the other gives a team the advantage... I would go inflategate to be worse(if it is true)...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would have to go with Deflategate because of how much more the ball can impact the game than that of a single player. I mean look at the best player in the NFL in JJ Watt...His team has not been great since he got there even with being the best. So one player juicing while it can impact the game I don't think it can change the outcome as much as that of the ball being manipulated for an advantage.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEDs are worse as much as Id like to troll Pats fans.

In terms of impact, it depends on who is using the PEDs. A good example would be if Adrian Peterson used PEDs to come back from injury and almost break the rushing record. The Vikings not having AP is at least a 2 or 3 game swing that year. Another example would be the Ravens and Seahawks having PEDs and winning a Super Bowl.

Deflategate is at the very most a 2 game swing based on fumbling variables mostly. JJ Watt was mentioned earlier but Deflategate wouldnt help the Texans either because their offense wouldn't be able to take advantage of the turnovers as much as a really good offense like New England.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did we have to start this thread?????
Now I have to look at this crap for the next month......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In terms of impact, it depends on who is using the PEDs. A good example would be if Adrian Peterson used PEDs to come back from injury and almost break the rushing record. The Vikings not having AP is at least a 2 or 3 game swing that year. Another example would be the Ravens and Seahawks having PEDs and winning a Super Bowl.

Deflategate is at the very most a 2 game swing based on fumbling variables mostly. JJ Watt was mentioned earlier but Deflategate wouldnt help the Texans either because their offense wouldn't be able to take advantage of the turnovers as much as a really good offense like New England.

Teams that win the turnover battle have almost an 80% winning percentage so if we are talking about say 3 fumbles more a season and say 3 interceptions more a year that is a huge difference in my opinion with how much turnovers can impact the game. Even if the Texans can't score as much as that of the Patriots turnovers still flip the field or at least take points off the opposing team's boards. Throw in then the defense having to be on the field less and that of the Patriots defense being on the field more.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily players eating food on the sideline. Lynch with Skittles, Sanchez with hot dogs. This is a completely unfair advantage. What if someone else is hungry on the opposing team or doesn't get to taste the rainbow which obviously Lynch has used in the past to keep his game going. I'm surprised the NFL has not generated more scrutiny on this. There's no doubt Harbaugh was also stuffing his face with some sort of sugary substance thus boosting his outbursts and getting his team fired up on the sideline. You think that Jim Caldwell could've used a boost with that blank expression at least once in a while? Colts would've had at least 1-2 more SBOWLs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that win the turnover battle have almost an 80% winning percentage so if we are talking about say 3 fumbles more a season and say 3 interceptions more a year that is a huge difference in my opinion with how much turnovers can impact the game.
I agree. Im just not sold on it having an impact on interceptions. If their fumbles were more in line with other teams who run fast paced offenses, though, that fumbles number might be much higher than 3. We'll get a good look next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Im just not sold on it having an impact on interceptions. If their fumbles were more in line with other teams who run fast paced offenses, though, that fumbles number might be much higher than 3. We'll get a good look next year.

Turnovers in the league fluctuate so much for teams from year to year except for that of New England it seems. Now some of that can be attributed to coaching but you should still see one or two years where they are closer to the norm instead of historically incredible in this area. So you add closer to the norm of 10 fumbles a year that most teams have instead of the 4 per year for the Patriots and man that really could be a 2-3 if not more game swing. Like you said we shall see in this upcoming season how this all plays out if the fumble numbers to get closer to the norm or if this is more just they coach fumbling better than any team in the league.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Deflategate is/was much ado about nothing, I'll go with that simply for the fact I just don't give a damn about PEDs in sports. If athletes are willing to take chances with their health for money, fortune, fame, women, etc then fine, so be it. Just as General Maximus points out...just entertain me!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Deflategate is/was much ado about nothing, I'll go with that simply for the fact I just don't give a damn about PEDs in sports. If athletes are willing to take chances with their health for money, fortune, fame, women, etc then fine, so be it. Just as General Maximus points out...just entertain me!

I won't completely agree but I'm leaning closer and closer to doing so. Seems every day the labs design a new PED and the anti doping agencies are playing from behind.
I still question baseball. Every time I hear some radio guy say "and he's doing it clean" I smirk and shake my head.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one gives a player the advantage, the other gives a team the advantage... I would go inflategate to be worse(if it is true)...

I agree with this. Deflategate is looking a lot more like bullshit. Science has exposed the Wells report. Brady and co. did nothing. But for this argument....deflategate.

On second thought, if half your team is on PED'S.....does that make it worse. Deflategate only gives the guy with the ball the advantage. No one else.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflatgate is worse because of the Pats history if cheating.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree Merriman once off juice was a shell, Bonds, Canseco etc same thing. Try throwing a ball with less air and its worse, except for running backs.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers in the league fluctuate so much for teams from year to year except for that of New England it seems. Now some of that can be attributed to coaching but you should still see one or two years where they are closer to the norm instead of historically incredible in this area. So you add closer to the norm of 10 fumbles a year that most teams have instead of the 4 per year for the Patriots and man that really could be a 2-3 if not more game swing. Like you said we shall see in this upcoming season how this all plays out if the fumble numbers to get closer to the norm or if this is more just they coach fumbling better than any team in the league.

What some don't seem to realize is that once you fumble, you get benched. BB doesn't give the same guy a chance to fumble twice in the same game. I've always had issue with this, with BB. Especially when the fumble isn't your fault. When a defender gets his helmet on the ball......that force jars it loose.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that win the turnover battle have almost an 80% winning percentage so if we are talking about say 3 fumbles more a season and say 3 interceptions more a year that is a huge difference in my opinion with how much turnovers can impact the game. Even if the Texans can't score as much as that of the Patriots turnovers still flip the field or at least take points off the opposing team's boards. Throw in then the defense having to be on the field less and that of the Patriots defense being on the field more.

Sure less air makes a diff for RB but worse for QB. Belichick hard ass he is, didnt play guys for games if they fumbled, Ridley for 1. Like kid in the comebacks lol, duct tape the ball or in The Program, carry ball everywhere