• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Words from Rodgers on why he is not playing yet

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers explains specific reason why he's not playing yet - 620 WTMJ - Milwaukee's Source for Local News and Weather

CREATED 1:37 PM
The Green Bay Packers' quarterback explained more in-depth the reason why he hasn't taken the field yet for the team since he broke his collarbone on November 4th.

"Pain...doing football movements...experiencing pain," Aaron Rodgers said on ESPN Radio Tuesday.
"I shouldn't be having pain doing the simple movements," he said.

"You're doing quick movements, drills where you have to play fast...giving a handoff with your left arm, a test for that injury."

He said he didn't progress last week, as he felt that pain last Wednesday before decreasing his practice routines Thursday and Friday.

Rodgers explained his plan for this week.

"I'm going to practice tomorrow and try to do some of the things I did last week without pain, see how my body responds to it on Thursday."

There was discussion he would work out Tuesday. What did he do?

"A lot of jazzercise, some cold yoga outdoors, a new fad hitting the Midwest...underwater pilates." he joked on ESPN Radio.

In reality, he said "I didn't do anything. I worked out in the weight room for the weight coaches."

Will he consider shutting down for 2013 if the Packers are eliminated from the playoff race?

"I don't want to think that far in advance," said Rodgers.