• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Won 10 last year and have improved greatly

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We say it because it's true. We did have the most pro bowlers in the NFL North. More talented in every position on defense than the packers. Packers do have a more talented OL that keeps their QB healthy. If we was healthy during back side of the season, I gurantee our record would've been better than 3-5. I doubt the packers would be as sharp with rogers hurt.

We actually have a better line than the Packers do, Rodgers knows how to deal with the pressure unlike Cutler.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually have a better line than the Packers do, Rodgers knows how to deal with the pressure unlike Cutler.

Rodgers had WRs to throw too, Cutler did not. Rodgers has been in one system long enough to make quicker decisions. Cutler not so much.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we can't win if key players are getting hurt. Especially Cutler even if half of the protection problems is his fault. I'm not sure who better now but GB had two in the pro bowl.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers had WRs to throw too, Cutler did not. Rodgers has been in one system long enough to make quicker decisions. Cutler not so much.

Very very true, not to mention Rodgers learned from one of the best Brett Favre before he become a starter. It really makes you wonder how this offense could have been with the people we had in place the past few years if we had someone like Sean Payton or Andy Reid calling plays for us.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted a developmental guard in the first round projected to go in the second. Drafted a developmental linebacker in the second projected to go in the third. No third round pick.

An unproven head coach who has been out of the NFL for ten years, a defensive coordinator who has generally led terrible defenses, the loss of the teams leader.

In addition to that all five offensive lineman are question marks, Bennett has only had one good season at tight end, we lack a speed receiver, Kromer hasn't proven he is a capable coordinator with out Brees, Cutler is still a question mark after seven years, and various defensive players are now a year older.

Great concerns.

IMO Trestman will have a better offensive scheme that will fit the modern day NFL instead of Lovie depending on the defense. The defense plus Hester got us to the our last SB, and couldn't do it all in that game vs the Colts offense despite Hester opening KO return that put us up from the start.

How quickly the offense picks up on the new scheme is the main thing and Lovie left us a good core of defensive players despite Urlacher is gone. Just wish D'Angelo kept Major Wright here.

Long, we will see however.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am sorry I know a little bit more about my team than you do and believe in them.

Translation: I'm a blind homer who unconditionally believes in the team.

You should know that Emery doesnt draft best player available, he drafts for position needs and athleticism. With an answer like yours it just shows me the lack of football knowledge you have.

I have no idea who you think you're informing with this. Emery's drafting style had little to do my posts in this thread and nothing to do with the one you quoted.

Any Bears fan who has been paying attention would know Aaron Kromer isnt calling the plays, Trestman is so what Kromer did over at NO as an interim HC and offensive coordinator isnt what he will be doing here. :doh:

I never called Kromer the one calling the plays. I called him the offensive coordinator, which he is officially is, and he is completely unproven in this role beyond working with a HoF QB and great offensive minded HC.

Your attempts to feign expertise fail.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great concerns.

IMO Trestman will have a better offensive scheme that will fit the modern day NFL instead of Lovie depending on the defense. The defense plus Hester got us to the our last SB, and couldn't do it all in that game vs the Colts offense despite Hester opening KO return that put us up from the start.

How quickly the offense picks up on the new scheme is the main thing and Lovie left us a good core of defensive players despite Urlacher is gone. Just wish D'Angelo kept Major Wright here.

Compared to what we have seen the last 9 years, Trestmans scheme is going to look beautiful. I want to see the offense come out with confidence and really believe in Trestmans system. Unlike Lovies group where it seemed like no game plan was made up, everyone looked sluggish and didnt seem like they really wanted to be out there playing.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great concerns.

I don't doubt that Trestman's offense will be a big step up from what we had under Lovie. The questions are how much better, how long will it take, and how much will the defense lose.

If Trestman's offense takes more than one season to become competent, we will likely be facing a complete rebuilding mode starting in 2014.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well BOP you are coming off as a negative Nancy. Some see the glass half full, you see it half empty.

Seeing it glass half full is one thing. Claiming that a new HC, OC, and DC are not question marks, and declaring that Long and Bostic will prove themselves their rookie season is just idiotic.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: I'm a blind homer who unconditionally believes in the team.

I have no idea who you think you're informing with this. Emery's drafting style had little to do my posts in this thread and nothing to do with the one you quoted.

I never called Kromer the one calling the plays. I called him the offensive coordinator, which he is officially is, and he is completely unproven in this role beyond working with a HoF QB and great offensive minded HC.

Your attempts to feign expertise fail.

Do you have any idea on what the Offensive Coordinator does? If you do than you would know Trestman has taken on those responsibilities and Kromer is strictly the offensive line coach. At the end of the day they are using Kromer blocking scheme with Trestmans West Coast scheme. Kromer is a very proven offensive line coach which is his role for this team it doesnt matter if he is an inexperienced OC because that isnt his job for the year. The funny thing is when Kromer worked with Trestman over in Oakland they had one of the most explosive offenses in NFL History and now they are both much more knowledgeable in the game of football than they were in 2002.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing it glass half full is one thing. Claiming that a new HC, OC, and DC are not question marks, and declaring that Long and Bostic will prove themselves their rookie season is just idiotic.
OK that's fair.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you know anything about Trestman, Kromer and Tucker? How come your not mentioning Joe DeCamilillis, he is the new Special Teams coach, is he a question mark even though he is very proven in the NFL. I dont need to explain myself with Long and Bostic because they will prove themselves on the field when the time comes this year.

Something tells me if they didnt pick who you wanted in the draft that they were busts and you were going to complain. How many 1st round picks do you think will make a huge impact from day one in their first year?

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to what we have seen the last 9 years, Trestmans scheme is going to look beautiful. I want to see the offense come out with confidence and really believe in Trestmans system. Unlike Lovies group where it seemed like no game plan was made up, everyone looked sluggish and didnt seem like they really wanted to be out there playing.

Worst part was we had two good OC in Ron Turner and Mike Martz that have proven systems that worked on offense from the past.

Turner with us under Dave Wannstent help to make Erik Kramer into near the top ten QB in his stay before taking the Illini head coaching job but failed (reason later) in his return. And Lovie as the Rams DC seen Martz's system in St Louis work for two SB trips with one win.

The neglect of the OL however under D'Angelo this century is the reason these two failed to get our offense going. Plus Lovie never was vocal on D'Angelo to improve this important group that you need to win. Martz three step and out failed because Cutler had a DL or LB in his face to much leading to Lovie throwing him under the bus.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that Trestman's offense will be a big step up from what we had under Lovie. The questions are how much better, how long will it take, and how much will the defense lose.

If Trestman's offense takes more than one season to become competent, we will likely be facing a complete rebuilding mode starting in 2014.

This is Jay Cutler's third offense to learn now. How much he studies it and make it works instead of making excuses he needs years will be the key.

Jay has already in the off season said he needs time to make this work.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth chart going into training camp. Long slated a starter with Webb. Webb?

Pos No Player 1 No Player 2 No Player 3 No Player 4 No Player 5
Offense
LWR 15 Marshall, Brandon T/Mia 14 Weems, Eric U/Atl 19 Anderson, Joe CF12 81 Toliver, Terrence SF13 82 Golden, Brittan CF12
18 Rucker, Marcus CF13 11 Lenz, Josh CF13
RWR 17 Jeffery, Alshon 12/2 80 Bennett, Earl 08/3 10 Wilson, Marquess 13/7 13 Aromashodu, Devin SF 13 16 Jackson, Jerrell SF13
LT 74 Bushrod, Jermon U/NO 67 Mills, Jordan 13/5 76 Brandon, Cory SF12
LG 68 Slauson, Matt U/NYJ 62 Britton, Eben U/Jax 60 Boggs, Taylor SF13
C 63 GARZA, ROBERTO U/Atl 70 Williams, Edwin W/Was 53 Lonergan, PJ CF13
RG 75 Long, Kyle 13/1 78 Brown, James CF12 75 Dennis, Derek SF12
RT 73 Webb, J'Marcus 10/7 79 SCOTT, JONATHAN SF12 60 Lindeman, AJ CF13
TE 83 Bennett, Martellus U/NYG 87 Maneri, Steve SF13 86 Adams, Kyle CF11 85 Miller, Gabe SUS/4 88 Eldridge, Brody SF12
84 Onobun, Fendi SF13
QB 6 CUTLER, JAY T/Den 12 MCCOWN, JOSH SF11 4 Blanchard, Matt CF12
FB 45 Unga, Harvey 10S/7 43 Fiammetta, Tony SF13
RB 22 Forte, Matt 08/2 29 Bush, Michael U/Oak 25 Allen, Armando SF11 32 Ford, Michael CF13
Defense
LDE 98 Wootton, Corey 10/4 94 McBride, Turk U/NO 78 Washington, Cornelius 13/6 95 Ozougwu, Cheta SF12
LDT 69 Melton, Henry 09/4 93 Collins, Nate SF12 00 Anderson, Jamaal SF13 70 Russell, Brent CF13 76 Minter, Zach CF13
NT 92 Paea, Stephen 11/2 79 Irvin, Corvey SF13 64 Tupou, Christian CF13
RDE 90 PEPPERS, JULIUS U/Car 99 McClellin, Shea 12/1 67 Moore, Kyle U/Buf 91 Whiteside, Aston SF12
SLB 50 Anderson, James CC/Car 97 Thomas, JT 11/6 59 Trahan, Patrick SF11
MLB 58 WILLIAMS, DJ CC/Den 57 Bostic, Jon 13/2 52 Costanzo, Blake U/SF
WLB 55 BRIGGS, LANCE 03/3 60 Greene, Khaseem 13/4 53 Franklin, Jerry P/Dal 96 Wilson, Lawrence SF13
LCB 26 Jennings, Tim SF10 24 HAYDEN, KELVIN U/Atl 38 Bowman, Zack 08/5 31 Frey, Isaiah 12/6
SS 21 Wright, Major 10/3 36 Zbikowski, Tom CC/Ind 20 Steltz, Craig 08/4 44 Quarles, Cyhl SF13
FS 47 Conte, Chris 11/3 37 Walters, Anthony CF11 35 Hardin, Brandon 12/3 46 Nelson, Tom SF13
RCB 33 TILLMAN, CHARLES 03/2 27 McManis, Sherrick T/Hou 39 Wilson, CJ CF13 49 Hurst, Demontre CF13
Special Teams
P 8 Podlesh, Adam U/Jax 1 Way, Tress CF13
PK 9 GOULD, ROBBIE SF05 10 Signor, Austin CF13
LS 65 MANNELLY, PATRICK 98/6
PR 23 HESTER, DEVIN 06/2
KR 23 HESTER, DEVIN 06/2 14 Weems, Eric U/Atl

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst part was we had two good OC in Ron Turner and Mike Martz that have proven systems that worked on offense from the past.

Turner with us under Dave Wannstent help to make Erik Kramer into near the top ten QB in his stay before taking the Illini head coaching job but failed (reason later) in his return. And Lovie as the Rams DC seen Martz's system in St Louis work for two SB trips with one win.

The neglect of the OL however under D'Angelo this century is the reason these two failed to get our offense going. Plus Lovie never was vocal on D'Angelo to improve this important group that you need to win. Martz three step and out failed because Cutler had a DL or LB in his face to much leading to Lovie throwing him under the bus.

Mike Martz's system was only good when it was the greatest show on turf era so to call him a good OC in 2011 is far from the truth. He was a failure in the 2000's and not once was his system successful after the Rams. The difference with Marc Trestman is his system/concepts are still being used in the NFL today by coaches around the league so its not dead like Martz was when we hired him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both systems were archaic, and both Turner and Martz's WHOLE careers were based off of one team's success, respectively, and both of those teams riding the coattails of previous regimes. Turner was OC on arguably the most talented team in NFL history with Aikman's Cowboys, and Martz, riding the tail of Vermeil's super-talented Rams Team.

Both, incredibly over-hyped IMO.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Trestman is an enigma, same as your 1st rounder Kyle Long. On top of that your team leader is gone, and Cutty is playing for his job. Will he thrive under pressure or will the Bears be looking for a new QB next year? Big transition year for the Bears riddled with question marks. Winning 10 games in the NFL is tough for most teams let alone ones with so many new unknowns. I need to see a few games from the new look Bears to give an honest opinion.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both systems were archaic, and both Turner and Martz's WHOLE careers were based off of one team's success, respectively, and both of those teams riding the coattails of previous regimes. Turner was OC on arguably the most talented team in NFL history with Aikman's Cowboys, and Martz, riding the tail of Vermeil's super-talented Rams Team.

Both, incredibly over-hyped IMO.

Furthermore, Kurt Warner went back to the SB without Martz. Can't same the same about Martz w/o Warner.