• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Won 10 last year and have improved greatly

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL underestimates us.
At least you actually get to see highlight coverage of your team. The Rams and a few other teams are practically blacked out on ESPN and NFL Network highlight coverage these days

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slausen is comparable to Louis. He is a solid pass blocker who cannot run block.
It's Slauson W/ an O. And he is not comparable to Louis. Who was a beast.

You realize that's what I just said?
Yeah, But you can procrastinate all day on this board. Just would like to see all your ?s.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Lofton. Sorry Lofton but you are underestimating us like everyone else. We addressed or biggest needs with proven talent. My thoughts are based on legit reasoning not homeriusm. Last year we were a good team that had problems scoring, This year we have our first ever offensive minded coach, a proven LT, a very legit TE in Bennett, our best WR group maybe ever Marshal, Jeffery, Bennett, 2 solid RBs in Forte, Bush. But most of all a coach that knows how to use them. This team is better then last year and there is no debate on that. But keep underestimating. Keep pretending things are the same ole same ole with the Bears. Reality is gonna donkey punch you.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I see that Cutlers first pass attempt of camp was picked off so thats status quo. It will be a fun season of shit talk and banter Noon, I for one am just happy its here finally.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I see that Cutlers first pass attempt of camp was picked off so thats status quo. It will be a fun season of shit talk and banter Noon, I for one am just happy its here finally.

You mean the defense is already ball hogging? lol See it's about perspective. Gonna be a fun season both here and on the field.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did you see this yet there is no indication of it on any Chicago sources? Who cares if it even did happen, the defense has the advantage in the start of training camp and offense is still gelling together haha its day 1.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported on the news up here in Wisconsin today. Settle down there chief, just taking a dig. Have to admit its funny

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A proven LT? Yeah he only gave up 4 sacks last year but that's because Brees was always getting the ball out in three steps or less so it minimizes the pressure on the tackles. Most of the Saints fan base I know is very happy he is gone because he was just average, no more no less. And please don't use the " he made the pro bowl" line. So did Saturday last year and he was yanked after 12 games because of poor play.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We spent money in free agency, got a new unproven coaching staff, and had a questionable draft. It doesn't scream success.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Bears improved just based on plugging two holes in free agency, but the team has more question marks than last year.

Most teams usually spend money during free agency, the new unproven coaching staff is a huge step up from what we had considering they are concentrating on the offensive side of the ball, you know our biggest weakness on the team. Can you explain to everyone why you thought this was a questionable draft? How do we have more question marks than last year?

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A proven LT? Yeah he only gave up 4 sacks last year but that's because Brees was always getting the ball out in three steps or less so it minimizes the pressure on the tackles. Most of the Saints fan base I know is very happy he is gone because he was just average, no more no less. And please don't use the " he made the pro bowl" line. So did Saturday last year and he was yanked after 12 games because of poor play.

Something tells me you dont know much about Marc Trestman and Aaron Kromer at all do you? Aaron Kromer (from the Saints) blocking scheme is inside out and thats exactly what they used in NO. Marc Trestmans scheme involves slants, digs, outs, crossing patters, etc something to where you have to get the ball out of your hand quickly, like the Saints ran. Kromer bringing over Bushrod to the Bears was a great decision because they are both familiar with the system and each other. Bushrod is a proven LT in this system and will continue to stay this way.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A proven LT? Yeah he only gave up 4 sacks last year but that's because Brees was always getting the ball out in three steps or less so it minimizes the pressure on the tackles. Most of the Saints fan base I know is very happy he is gone because he was just average, no more no less.

Disagree, NO tried very hard to keep him. He is a very clear up grade over Webb true or false? He allows Webb to move back to RT where he looked good. So that's a double improvement right there. I also checked with the NO fan base and plenty came to our board saying they loved him and will miss him. He worked his way into the starting LT job the old fashion way. He worked for it. Even if you are correct and he is just a average LT then we improved bigtime. 28 and will be a Bear for a longtime.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that overall Bushrod is just an average LT but not everyone runs the same type of system he ran in NO and will be in Chi. For that type of system Bushrod is one of the better LT's in the league and is a perfect fit for us in Chicago.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you explain to everyone why you thought this was a questionable draft?

Drafted a developmental guard in the first round projected to go in the second. Drafted a developmental linebacker in the second projected to go in the third. No third round pick.

How do we have more question marks than last year?

An unproven head coach who has been out of the NFL for ten years, a defensive coordinator who has generally led terrible defenses, the loss of the teams leader.

In addition to that all five offensive lineman are question marks, Bennett has only had one good season at tight end, we lack a speed receiver, Kromer hasn't proven he is a capable coordinator with out Brees, Cutler is still a question mark after seven years, and various defensive players are now a year older.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted a developmental guard in the first round projected to go in the second. Drafted a developmental linebacker in the second projected to go in the third. No third round pick.

An unproven head coach who has been out of the NFL for ten years, a defensive coordinator who has generally led terrible defenses, the loss of the teams leader.

In addition to that all five offensive lineman are question marks, Bennett has only had one good season at tight end, we lack a speed receiver, Kromer hasn't proven he is a capable coordinator with out Brees, Cutler is still a question mark after seven years, and various defensive players are now a year older.

A developmental guard who will start by mid season and prove to everyone he deserves to be out there. A linebacker by mid season who will be starting and prove why he should be out there. How many 1st round picks this year do you think are really going to make a huge impact on the field their first year?

An HC to has proven in the NFL and in the CFL that he could turn an offensive and QB around in a season and make them compete, not to mention just a brilliant mind. A DC who knows how to run the 4-3 Cover two and is very good with DB's and is taking over a talented defense who knows the system already.

The 5 lineman we had last year all improved at the end of the year and this year we have only improved and got more talent along with a very good Offensive Line coach. Bennett is a very good pass catcher and also very good at run and pass blocking so he will be used everywhere and you dont need speed at the WR position to be successful.

Obviously you dont pay attention to the team all too much because even though Kromer is listed as the OC, Trestman will be calling the plays, not him. Cutler is a talented QB who needed a QB coach like Trestman to really work with him to improve his skills and its already happening. Trestman, Kromer and Cavanaugh all coached together in Oakland and generated one of the best offensive showings in NFL History.

BoP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm getting from this is that you're a laughably stupid homer that cannot be taken seriously.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm getting from this is that you're a laughably stupid homer that cannot be taken seriously.

I guess I am sorry I know a little bit more about my team than you do and believe in them. You should know that Emery doesnt draft best player available, he drafts for position needs and athleticism. With an answer like yours it just shows me the lack of football knowledge you have.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any Bears fan who has been paying attention would know Aaron Kromer isnt calling the plays, Trestman is so what Kromer did over at NO as an interim HC and offensive coordinator isnt what he will be doing here. :doh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well BOP you are coming off as a negative Nancy. Some see the glass half full, you see it half empty.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What facts? You signed two guys and had a draft. You're stating that nobody else did more to improve their team. Noon, its the same thing every year with you and I am going back to the ESPN boards. "Jay Cutler is a great QB", "The Bears have the most talented team in the NFC North", "I see no way this team doesn't win the division and compete for a SB", "We have a new offense that Cutler can flourish in". Then it always ends the same way. "Our O line is garbage". "We need better coaching". "Cutler needs more weapons."

This is it dude. You have a new coach thats offensive minded. You by your accounts have addressed the Oline. You have Marshall and what you claim to be another weapon in Jeffrey. No more excuses. This is it.

You won 10 games last year. Great. Fact is you went 7-1 over largely the weak part of your schedule and at one point your defense was outscoring your offense. You then went 3-5 against the real meat of your schedule losing to Houston, Seattle, San Fran, Green Bay, and Minnesota.....all playoff teams. What makes that impressive? So now the addition of a free agent, a guy alot of people think was drafted too high, and some talent on offense that has been doormant so far we are supposed to believe you are now a 12 win team and a threat? Come on man. I know plenty of Bears fans that are no where near your level of homerism.

And if you want my real honest breakdown of the Packers, I am more then willing to give it to you. I can promise it does not involve banking on unproven coaching or talent and involve the words "deep playoff run".

We say it because it's true. We did have the most pro bowlers in the NFL North. More talented in every position on defense than the packers. Packers do have a more talented OL that keeps their QB healthy. If we was healthy during back side of the season, I gurantee our record would've been better than 3-5. I doubt the packers would be as sharp with rogers hurt.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well BOP you are coming off as a negative Nancy. Some see the glass half full, you see it half empty.

The fact that BOP said "Kromer hasn't proven he is a capable coordinator with out Brees," was in the indicator for me that he doesnt have to much knowledge on him or this team. Trestman announced the week after Kromer was hired that he (Trestman) would be doing the playcalling.