• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wolves 2022

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched NBA basketball in years but it's funny to see not a single post here in two years and the Wolves don't suck this year. They have no fans, move to Seattle already!

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rod why are you moving the team

no posts on the hoop message board

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue what new ownership will do

I honestly can't see them keeping the pups in Minnesota. Hope i'm wrong for the sake of the fans!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't see them keeping the pups in Minnesota. Hope i'm wrong for the sake of the fans!

Yeah. It just gets hard to care about the Timberwolves one way or the other, tbh. NBA basketball in general hasn't been very entertaining to me since the 90's/early 2000's, so strike 1. Then add in the fact that the Timberwolves consistently suck or way underperform given whatever the level of talent is on the roster year in and year out, and that's strike 2. Now we have a team that constantly appears to be on the brink of shipping out to a bigger market like Seattle given the new ownership, which puts us at 2.5 strikes imo.

Basically, yeah I'd like to see them stay in Minnesota, and yeah I'd like to see them actually be competative on occasion. But if they did move, I can't say I'd care much, either. Especially since I'd assume the ownership would probably want the MN taxpayers to provide heavy financial support to a new arena at a minimum to get them to stay here, and I just can't justify that at all with the Wolves. Using tons of taxpayer money to keep the Vikings around was bad enough IMO, so I definitely can't see going way out of our way to keep what is probs the 4th most popular pro sports team in the state around.