• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

woh wooh woh Tebow's cryin

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No player drafted in the first round has no ability.

Whaaaa???? Ever heard of Jim Druckenmiller? Akili Smith? Tim Couch? JP Losman?

...or Troy Williamson for that matter? Mike Rumph? Ron Dayne? Rashaun Woods? Sammy Davis? Travis Taylor? Kenyatta Walker? Sylvester Morris? Kwame Harris? Chris Perry? Gosder Chrilus? I could go on...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Woods was talented. At bass fishing.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player drafted in the first round has no ability.

Whaaaa???? Ever heard of Jim Druckenmiller? Akili Smith? Tim Couch? JP Losman?

...or Troy Williamson for that matter? Mike Rumph? Ron Dayne? Rashaun Woods? Sammy Davis? Travis Taylor? Kenyatta Walker? Sylvester Morris? Kwame Harris? Chris Perry? Gosder Chrilus? I could go on...

Technically, he's safe with the statement "no ability". You could be a bust and wash out but still have some ability, however minimal that is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

lol... imac & I were both extremely underwhelemed with him in college & hated that pick. That was possibly the single most annoying draft I've ever experienced 'cause I wanted Wilfork so bad (I started a W_I_L_F_O_R_K thread on draft day). I remember a play where Arnaz Battle caught a pass & just WHIZZED by Woods like he was an old lady on his way to the end zone. I knew right then that the Woods pick was going to be ugly...

As far as "some talent" goes, I think that would have to mean NFL level talent. The guys I mentioned (or at least most of 'em) didn't have anywhere close to the talent required to even last on an NFL roster much less be good. They were given a chance because of their college careers, but they never had the ability & were screwed from the beginning. Tebow is the same way.

Merrill Hodge (I think it was him) was on the Brian Kenny show (I think) on the 4 letter & said Tebow was a borderline 6th / 7th round talent & probably should've been an undrafted free agent. I would tend to agree with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol... imac & I were both extremely underwhelemed with him in college & hated that pick. That was possibly the single most annoying draft I've ever experienced 'cause I wanted Wilfork so bad (I started a W_I_L_F_O_R_K thread on draft day). I remember a play where Arnaz Battle caught a pass & just WHIZZED by Woods like he was an old lady on his way to the end zone. I knew right then that the Woods pick was going to be ugly...

As far as "some talent" goes, I think that would have to mean NFL level talent. The guys I mentioned (or at least most of 'em) didn't have anywhere close to the talent required to even last on an NFL roster much less be good. They were given a chance because of their college careers, but they never had the ability & were screwed from the beginning. Tebow is the same way.

Merrill Hodge (I think it was him) was on the Brian Kenny show (I think) on the 4 letter & said Tebow was a borderline 6th / 7th round talent & probably should've been an undrafted free agent. I would tend to agree with him.

I remember it like yesterday. I saw a training camp photo of Woods looking incredibly awkward trying to catch a pass and my gut told me right then we were in trouble.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with ALL this.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tebow was the easiest bust pick I've ever made since I started making one each year in '98. (all first rounders). It almost shouldn't count as getting one right it was so easy.

Nice guy I'm sure. Whining about criticism is pretty lame though.

I don't know, the one you made for this year just might give that pick a run for its money.