• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

woh wooh woh Tebow's cryin

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow clearly thought the Kyle Orton trade was going down, just like everyone else. "My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true," Tebow said. "Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away." Tebow admitted that the rapid change in plans may have affected him on the practice field. Now he's miles behind Orton, the clear starter

His tears feed my soul. :violin:

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love it. Can't stand the guy. I know he does some good charity work (albeit there is some definite religious propaganda associated with it) but the guy just annoys the hell out of me. none of it seems too genuine to me and everything he does seems to just be an effort to pump up his marketing value

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same. He seems like a nice enough guy, but I don't trust anyone with such a squeaky clean image.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hear you. You either love the guy, or you hate him. I fall into the hate category myself. He markets himself like hes running for president.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, not that he is a bad guy I just am not a fan. He is too fake

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it will be interesting to see what the guy does with this adversity. word is that not only is he getting outplayed by orton but also by quinn. sounds like he is sucking it up big time. he's got fans behind him right now but that won't continue with the noodle arm he has.
he's one of those kids that really has not encountered anything in his life that is too difficult. raised in a good home, he was a top recruit out of high school and then handed the keys to a dynamic offense at florida that definitely was molded around his strengths. now he's facing some pretty tough odds and it sounds like he is already complaining a little and he's getting defensive with his tweeting (see merril hodge). it's the nfl buddy, you're going to hear some criticism so get use to it.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be interesting to see what the guy does with this adversity. word is that not only is he getting outplayed by orton but also by quinn. sounds like he is sucking it up big time. he's got fans behind him right now but that won't continue with the noodle arm he has.
he's one of those kids that really has not encountered anything in his life that is too difficult. raised in a good home, he was a top recruit out of high school and then handed the keys to a dynamic offense at florida that definitely was molded around his strengths. now he's facing some pretty tough odds and it sounds like he is already complaining a little and he's getting defensive with his tweeting (see merril hodge). it's the nfl buddy, you're going to hear some criticism so get use to it.

That is true, he hasnt had to face too many difficult times, he has had everything given to him or changed to help him. he definitely wont last too long

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i have a hard time seeing him holding a clipboard and being a lifelong backup. don't think he has the humility for it. it'll be an interesting story to watch unfold...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I hear you. You either love the guy, or you hate him. I fall into the hate category myself. He markets himself like hes running for president.

So what if he does! Deion Sanders did it for his entire career. I just don't understand why the hate if that's his agenda?

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
deion pumped up his game and the fact that he was the best. tebow promotes himself like he is the second coming...

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a hard time seeing him holding a clipboard and being a lifelong backup. don't think he has the humility for it. it'll be an interesting story to watch unfold...

I think he should have let them convert him to another position. FB in a WCO

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he should have let them convert him to another position. FB in a WCO

i agree. he'd be a great h-back or even tight end...like a delanie walker. i don't know how his blocking would be but he'd have the capabilities to be one of the best in the league. as for QB, he has no shot to reach the top.

CGregg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
deion pumped up his game and the fact that he was the best. tebow promotes himself like he is the second coming...

Thats a little farfetched don't you think? I understand if you think he doesn't have what it takes to be a qb in the nfl. But saying he thinks he's the second coming because he is a Christian and tries to live his life how he believes is the right way is a bit of a reach. I don't think he will ever be a franchise qb in the nfl either, but he dude is a great guy. He may not have had a rough life, but is that now required in order to not be percieved as a fake or not a starting caliber qb in the nfl? Does it really matter that he spends his extra time preaching in prisions and doing what he feels are the right things to do in life? I really think all the hatred towards his is crazy. If he isn't a successful qb in the nfl so what. That's no reason to hate on him as a person.

Dr. Smartass

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had the privilege (yes, PRIVILEGE) of meeting Tim Tebow during his college recruiting process. We ended up losing him to a rival school, but I can tell you that TT is a great kid. Really is. I think he get attacked a good bit because he is open about his Christian beliefs, which is completely unfair. I'm saying thas as someone who is an athiest, BTW.

If my son grows up to be 1/3 the man that TT is, I would be thrilled.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you guys pay a lot of attention to college football or something. I haven't heard this guy promote himself at all. All I've seen of him, is when he was in that stupid commercial about stay cool T-Shirts and when they shaved his head like a Friar his rookie year.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I cant believe all the hate and criticism Tebow gets.

I thought he would suck coming out of college. Didn't like him as a prospect. When he played last yr, he surprised me a little bit. Played better then I thought and not too bad. For a 1st yr starting QB, he draws a ton of criticism about his game, even though he was pretty good at times. I still don't think he will be good, but the guy at least deserves a shot.

I'm not a fan at all, but it does amaze me that people hate him, especially for his personality. There are plenty of douche bags and pieces of shit to hate, why hate the guy that does a lot of charity work and tries to be a good guy?

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think proselytizing is charity.
I think the guy gets extra attention because he is a wholesome christian that is overly vocal about his beliefs, and people go out of their way to defend him. They don't defend him because of his play. They overly hype his accomplishments. They wan't to talk about him as if he is the best football player in the world just because of his beliefs.
Anyway I think that is the perception, and the source of the hate. People got real sick of hearing about him.