• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Rogers under center... Are Jets Legit Contenders?

Contender or Pretender

• Contender

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Pretender

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense, running game, and special teams seems pretty fucking solid. Maybe Wilson recognizes the opportunity and gets his shit together.
Jets defense is bottom half on rushing, bottom half on passing.
ST's scored a TD with a penalty not called.
Top RB got 83 of his yards on one play

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets defense is bottom half on rushing, bottom half on passing.
ST's scored a TD with a penalty not called.
Top RB got 83 of his yards on one play

How do you get and stand behind those stats after just one game against what is supposed to be a top tier offense and defense?

Calls and non-calls happen. And as Cyder pointed out, even if the penalty was called they were still within field goal range.

I thought the Jets, other than the QB, looked solid.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that defense, Hall and Wilson? Yeah. More likely one playoff win because of that terrible OL, but they would be a threat against anyone

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that defense, Hall and Wilson? Yeah. More likely one playoff win because of that terrible OL, but they would be a threat against anyone

They had all of that last year, only with arguably better depth at QB (with ARod now out of the picture for this season) and they still had Elijah Moore. Unless they find another needle-moving QB to bring in, I don't see any reason to project more than a game or two of improvement on last year (improvement because Hall appears fully recovered). 7-10 last year, maybe 9-8 at best this year?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had all of that last year, only with arguably better depth at QB (with ARod now out of the picture for this season) and they still had Elijah Moore. Unless they find another needle-moving QB to bring in, I don't see any reason to project more than a game or two of improvement on last year (improvement because Hall appears fully recovered). 7-10 last year, maybe 9-8 at best this year?
Dude please...the question was with Rodgers. Don't be stupid lol

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes desperation moves hit the jackpot.

But usually they backfire, like this one did.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Jets might have been a 10 win team or possibly 11 with some luck with Rodgers and been in the mix for a WC spot. Not a sure thing in the AFC by any stretch. Now I think the best they can hope for is 9 wins and won't make the play-offs. I could be wrong and will take my lumps if I am but we've seen enough of Zach Wilson to know he will lose them some games at some point. They will still likely be 1-5 through this early stretch or 2-4 at best and have an uphill battle. And there isn't a decent QB out there that would make a difference behind that Oline.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anymore :rofl:

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Jets might have been a 10 win team or possibly 11 with some luck with Rodgers and been in the mix for a WC spot. Not a sure thing in the AFC by any stretch. Now I think the best they can hope for is 9 wins and won't make the play-offs. I could be wrong and will take my lumps if I am but we've seen enough of Zach Wilson to know he will lose them some games at some point. They will still likely be 1-5 through this early stretch or 2-4 at best and have an uphill battle. And there isn't a decent QB out there that would make a difference behind that Oline.
I think the answer is obvious: we need to tank

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I always thought he was a Brit!
He still would not understand AFCE rivalry - unless maybe the Jets are located in Texas!
Who knows, they are called the NY Jets and don't play in NY. I remember back in 89, 90 at a Bally's gym in East Prov R,I Mark Gastineau was there, and was offended when I didn't want his autograph. Told the fishbeak, future Con, to look around he was in the heart of Patriots country with the few exception of Giants, Boys and Steeeler fans

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, they are called the NY Jets and don't play in NY. I remember back in 89, 90 at a Bally's gym in East Prov R,I Mark Gastineau was there, and was offended when I didn't want his autograph. Told the fishbeak, future Con, to look around he was in the heart of Patriots country with the few exception of Giants, Boys and Steeeler fans

Some things that don't make sense.

The Jets don't play in New York.

Cincinnati's airport is in Kentucky. Yes skyline chili still sucks!

The BigTen conference doesn't know how to add.

Math equations that have letters.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things that don't make sense.

The Jets don't play in New York.

Cincinnati's airport is in Kentucky. Yes skyline chili still sucks!

The BigTen conference doesn't know how to add.

Math equations that have letters.
And don't forget Micheeeeeegan sucks!!!