• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin @ Penn State

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also played better than them for 3 quarters in Lincoln.

:L

Time of Possession
NU-31:00
UW-29:00

First Downs
NU-24
UW-17

Rushing Yards
NU-259
UW-56

Yards per Carry
NU- 5.6
UW- 1.4

Passing Yards
UW-239
NU-181

Total Offense
NU- 440 yds
UW- 295 yds

Penaltys/Yards
NU- 6 for 70
UW- 2 for 15

Fumbles/Lost
NU- 6/2
UW- 3/1

I'm am so happy you're picking Wisconsin OD

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing that worries me about Nebraska is a healthy Burkhead. We didn't do so good against a big tailback yesterday.

That and our special teams are atrocious.

NU is down to their 3rd string Center.

That may be a big difference

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you shut down Martinez you still have Burkhead, Abdullah, Cross, Burkhead, Cotton, Enunwa, Reed and Bell to deal with. We just have too many guns in our arsenal. I believe for this reason alone you will not shut down Martinez but if you did we simply go to our backs until our receivers open back up, hit them once or twice and go back to our run game.
By the way did you see Burkhead carry that pile 5 yards down the field against Iowa? When he decides he is gonna get yards he is gonna get yards.

I expect a good game and realize this could go either way but from what we have seen this year Nebraska is able to come back from huge deficits (and huge mistakes) while Wiscy has been unable to close.

This comment shows how little you know. This is not only a big game for Iowa in a good year it was their bowl game this year. Everyone knew they would bring their best. Then add in a 30 mile per hour wind and we became one dimensional on offense.

With that said Iowa was held to no scores after the opening drive, 72 yards in the second half and unlike many games this year I was confident throughout the entire second half this game was ours. Pitiful is when people see a good defensive battle and determine the teams are pitiful because the score was not 70-63.
As a side not any word on Abbrederis' condition?

Our defense had no problem shutting down all your weapons in the first game before Taylor made us respect the QB scramble. That is what won you the game. Our team made a concerted effort to stop the scramble over the last few weeks and completely shut down Braxton and his formidable offense. If we can shut down Taylor, I really like our chances.

I love great defense as much as the next guy. Nebraska's offense didn't get beaten by a great defense, they just weren't very good. Iowa's defense is pretty good this year, but when your defense is forcing stops left and right, a good offense scores more than 13.

Our offense is awful this year, so i'm not trying to argue otherwise. I'm just saying that if your offense plays like that, we'll have two teams with weak offenses and solid defenses. One of those teams fumbles left and right and commits penalties. Maybe our shitty special teams would shift it back to you guys, but I still like our chances.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.... Look at all this bullshit.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska fans are scurred.

Not only is it hard to beat the same team twice, but they are playing a team with nothing to lose.

Nothing to lose? You are 7-5 and 8-5 if you lose Saturday. The difference of a win and loss is the Rose bowl and the toilet bowl.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure there's a stipulation that allows the Rose Bowl to opt out if we win. I don't think there's a guarantee that the Badgers will play like they have nothing to lose. I'll be proud if they come back after yet another OT loss, given the circumstances, and fight hard.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense had no problem shutting down all your weapons in the first game before Taylor made us respect the QB scramble. That is what won you the game. Our team made a concerted effort to stop the scramble over the last few weeks and completely shut down Braxton and his formidable offense. If we can shut down Taylor, I really like our chances.

I love great defense as much as the next guy. Nebraska's offense didn't get beaten by a great defense, they just weren't very good. Iowa's defense is pretty good this year, but when your defense is forcing stops left and right, a good offense scores more than 13.

Our offense is awful this year, so i'm not trying to argue otherwise. I'm just saying that if your offense plays like that, we'll have two teams with weak offenses and solid defenses. One of those teams fumbles left and right and commits penalties. Maybe our shitty special teams would shift it back to you guys, but I still like our chances.

You haven't been following the B1G have you. Nebraska is ranked 26th in total offense (best in the B1G). You do not have 2 teams with weak offenses playing. Oh by the way Wisconsin is 84th.

And the one team that fumbles left and right? Nebraska has averaged two turnovers a game the last 4 games with our special teams being a problem. We had less penalties and less yards penalized than Wiscy did last week. So I am going to assume this one team is Wiscy. It seems to me that you are still comparing the team you played to the team you will play. You are making a big mistake here. The team you will be playing has a defense that is exponentially better and an offense that has over come mistakes repeatedly, is at a point where it is limiting those mistakes and is the best offensive unit in the B1G.

If you have two weak offensives playing Saturday it is only because Wiscy chooses to scrimmage it's scout team prior to the game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure there's a stipulation that allows the Rose Bowl to opt out if we win. I don't think there's a guarantee that the Badgers will play like they have nothing to lose. I'll be proud if they come back after yet another OT loss, given the circumstances, and fight hard.

Seriously doubt that

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Averaging two turnovers isn't "spotting points," it just means you're a team that turns the ball over. Just like we're a team that misses field goals and plays inconsistently on the OL. I'm tired of the 14 page analysis of Wisconsin vs Nebraska. Let the teams play the game.

To clarify, I think you're all a little bit wrong.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Averaging two turnovers isn't "spotting points," it just means you're a team that turns the ball over. Just like we're a team that misses field goals and plays inconsistently on the OL. I'm tired of the 14 page analysis of Wisconsin vs Nebraska. Let the teams play the game.

To clarify, I think you're all a little bit wrong.

It's spotting points when those turnovers are done in one's own red zone.
It's taking away points when those turnovers are in your opponents red zone.

Husker turnovers in red zones have made games close that would not have been otherwise. Thankfully they have been good enough to overcome them.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, give it a fucking rest. There is no magical world where the game goes differently, and your team is better than it actually was. There's no IF or BUT. There's no "we would have..." scenario that makes your team better than the scoreboard. All there is, is did you fuck up and put the ball on the ground or not? Did your defense hold in the redzone or not? Did you win or lose?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, give it a fucking rest. There is no magical world where the game goes differently, and your team is better than it actually was. There's no IF or BUT. There's no "we would have..." scenario that makes your team better than the scoreboard. All there is, is did you fuck up and put the ball on the ground or not? Did your defense hold in the redzone or not? Did you win or lose?

That is soooo true

NU has won 6 straight
UW has lost 3 of their last 4

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't talking about comparison. We were talking about your fucked up analysis of who your team is.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't talking about comparison. We were talking about your fucked up analysis of who your team is.

:L

It's not my analysis

The info is straight from Game-Trax and NCAA.com

All I did was :typing:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the one team that fumbles left and right? Nebraska has averaged two turnovers a game the last 4 games with our special teams being a problem. We had less penalties and less yards penalized than Wiscy did last week. So I am going to assume this one team is Wiscy. It seems to me that you are still comparing the team you played to the team you will play. You are making a big mistake here. The team you will be playing has a defense that is exponentially better and an offense that has over come mistakes repeatedly, is at a point where it is limiting those mistakes and is the best offensive unit in the B1G.

1. Wisconsin is #10 in fewest penalty yards allowed. Nebraska is #90. I'm sorry if you choose to ignore reality, but Wisconsin is penalized far less.

2. Wisconsin has lost 6 fumbles this year (top 20 fewest nationally). Nebraska has lost 20 fumbles this year, the second most in the country.

I'm glad that you think your team has turned a corner. We shall see. I've seen an improved Nebraska defense, for sure, but also a much improved Wisconsin offensive line. I have seen substantial improvement in Wisconsin's defensive line and the team's ability to stop the scrambling quarterback, particularly by using Southward more effectively. I have not seen that type of improvement from the Husker Offensive Line.

If we can shut down Martinez's running, the motor behind those gaudy offensive statistics IMO, this game will come down to the question of which team can make the fewest mistakes. In that scenario, I like Wisconsin.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Wisconsin is #10 in fewest penalty yards allowed. Nebraska is #90. I'm sorry if you choose to ignore reality, but Wisconsin is penalized far less.

2. Wisconsin has lost 6 fumbles this year (top 20 fewest nationally). Nebraska has lost 20 fumbles this year, the second most in the country.

I'm glad that you think your team has turned a corner. We shall see. I've seen an improved Nebraska defense, for sure, but also a much improved Wisconsin offensive line. I have seen substantial improvement in Wisconsin's defensive line and the team's ability to stop the scrambling quarterback, particularly by using Southward more effectively. I have not seen that type of improvement from the Husker Offensive Line.

If we can shut down Martinez's running, the motor behind those gaudy offensive statistics IMO, this game will come down to the question of which team can make the fewest mistakes. In that scenario, I like Wisconsin.

Originally Posted by Smart
I want Bielema fired.

Yes, I went there.

Originally Posted by Smart
It's just ridiculous that Canada has these players and we haven't scored a point in 48 minutes. I do think this team should seriously consider firing Bielema and giving Chryst the head coaching job.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is much less about wanting Bielema gone as it is about wanting Chryst back calling plays. I'd still take Bielema over Pelini in a heartbeat.

I just think that we had the single best play caller in football, with assistant coaches who could mold players to fit his system. We had all the makings for an offense that could get 40 PPG year in and year out in the B1G. If those guys were still here, we would be 12-0. There is no doubt in my mind.

I want Paul Chryst back, and the only way he is coming back is for the Head Coach job.