• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin @ Nebraska Week

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just have to ask or say it out loud. i have never understood using hand signals to always get in plays. sure i understand a no huddle offense needing to as they aren't going to huddle. but seriously, if you are substituting guys anyway, just have one of those guys run in the play to the huddle. give them any additional instruction. also, it saves any miscommunication or having to repeat the signal from the sideline because the QB didn't understand it.

oh and have you noticed Nebraska has taken to using guys holding towels on the sidelines to try and hide the plays our guy is calling. seriously? have we never heard of deception. just have like 3 guys over there doing hand signals and have TA only look at one, or better yet, just have a guy run in the play, no need for hand signals at all.

another thing that bothers me, it always seems they have a list of plays on their belt or wrist. last i looked no one can read that small of print from a distance. just hold up a number for the play and switch out the list every series.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just have to ask or say it out loud. i have never understood using hand signals to always get in plays. sure i understand a no huddle offense needing to as they aren't going to huddle. but seriously, if you are substituting guys anyway, just have one of those guys run in the play to the huddle. give them any additional instruction. also, it saves any miscommunication or having to repeat the signal from the sideline because the QB didn't understand it.

oh and have you noticed Nebraska has taken to using guys holding towels on the sidelines to try and hide the plays our guy is calling. seriously? have we never heard of deception. just have like 3 guys over there doing hand signals and have TA only look at one, or better yet, just have a guy run in the play, no need for hand signals at all.

another thing that bothers me, it always seems they have a list of plays on their belt or wrist. last i looked no one can read that small of print from a distance. just hold up a number for the play and switch out the list every series.

I like the way you are thinking.

Coaches cannot go back to the old ways of running in the plays. They would be embarrassed.:D

I bet you could sell them on the Switch out the wristband plays. Even make up a bunch of fake ones and hand out to the players the day before for obfuscation purposes.

Joel Stave has never thrown an interception against Nebraska. Matter of fact, Wisconsin has NEVER thrown an interception against Nebraska in Big Ten Play. Wisconsin has only lost two lost fumbles against Nebraska. (All under previous staff.)
Nebraska has thrown SIX interceptions and had SEVEN lost fumbles to Wisconsin in Big Ten Play. (All under previous staff.)
For those that are counting the turnover battle: Nebraska 13, Wisconsin 2 (all under previous staff)

This will be the best defense Nebraska has faced. So far, any team with a defense with a ranking in the top 65 has beaten Nebraska.
Wisconsin's offense is bad. But then Nebraska total defense is ranked 101st.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If stave torches neb secondary someone needs to be fired no joke.I don't even consider him a qb he's a poor man's game manager

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

If our secondary gets torched by the yips then either someone needs to be fired or Carl killed more hookers than I originally thought and our karma is really fucked up.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Kafucksi slandering and poisoning the program behind closed doors

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is literally the WORST type of person.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EXACT kind of person Pelini would hire. He really was toxic.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its this JJM
I got banned once eeer mabey 4 times
so yea
Don't feel bad Pops I am about to go on a self imposed ban myself - nobody gives a shit what I type into this SportsHoopla machine any how ~ fux them all I say.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad Pops I am about to go on a self imposed ban myself - nobody gives a shit what I type into this SportsHoopla machine any how ~ fux them all I say.

TL;DR

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naaaaah --sir don't do that
just stay at the Husker sight
the other ones are rich with espn mods --and will ban anyone with a free plorst

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Badgers football film room: Weak Nebraska secondary could give UW offense opportunity to rebound

madison newspaper explaining the problems with nebraska's pass d. nothing really revolutionary, just wanted to put it somewhere. it's both coaching and player driven problems, but i just don't get why this doesn't seem to be getting any better. guess we'll see against Wiscy.

To me it looks like more of a coaching and scheme problem, a problem that would be alleviated by a good secondary coach.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it looks like more of a coaching and scheme problem, a problem that would be alleviated by a good secondary coach.
i don't know, just stuff that just doesn't make sense to me. Gerry was sick for that game so maybe that was some of it.

i couldn't watch at work but doing so now.

play #1 - 2 WRs to top, CB up with Gerry over, looks to me like Gerry wants to jump on the over then sees the CB has him and gets to the under too late. not sure which is right, did Gerry have the guy that came out deep and the CB was supposed to take the under or did Gerry get confused?

#2 - can't really say much, Young isn't fast enough to cover a RB, seems like someone, maybe the other LB should have been deeper to put that play to a halt before the RB got major yards.

#3 - i can see that one as scheme and coaching - i mean we are setup to stop the run, our LBs all attack the LOS (it is 1st and 10 after all) on the playaction, QB pulls it out and hits the slant. doesn't help our man-2-man DBs almost run into each other. that 2nd part is what hurt the most, gave the WR separation. also as they point out the safety comes charging to the line too (I think i mistook him for an LB) but if he sits back, he should have been right where that pass was thrown.

#4 - a way too easy 3rd and 20 for a TD. bad play call, sat back in a zone with 7 and only rushed 4. got a little pressure but it was an easy post right in front of the DB, the guy should have been rocked when the ball got there or our DB maybe even been there for an interception, instead it was an easy TD.

I like reviewing film and wish i had the time to do it more. this stuff doesn't seem like it should be that hard to fix, just hope our guys are starting to get it, but i was seeing similar stuff against Illinois, the wind and rain just kept completions from happening.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reviewed #3 in full screen our other LB had man on the 2nd guy out of the backfield, so it was all on Young to stay with that fast RB. no chance. would have been good if he had turned the route to the outside to make the throw tougher but instead let him inside.