• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin Nebraska Breakdown

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Wisconsins defense is too slow for all our speedsters (martinez, bell, green, turner, abdullah) and too weak to stop our tough guys (rex, enunwa)

Huskers should roll over that D.. hopefully our D can hold.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this statement and add that Wisconsin wins because hopefully won't cutt. it.

Everything else says this game is in the over. By how much Wilson will determine.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - It's hard to compare the two, to be honest. Martinez runs so much it's like he's a running back who throws. When it comes to passing, Wilson, no question. When it comes to running, it's not fair to compare numbers because Wilson's yards are mostly on scrambles, though I feel he'd do pretty well in Nebraska's system. I'd give the edge here to Wilson, only because I think he's a superior passer.

RB - Wisconsin. I think Rex might be a bit better on an individual running level, but Ball and White are almost as good, and together they can be on the field every play. Also, they catch passes, which Rex does not do very often (2 catches for 0 yards).

Receivers - Wisconsin. Toon had more yards in one game than any Nebraska receiver has on the season. He has more TDs on the season (5) than EVERY Nebraska receiver (4). Pederson has 4 TDs as well.

Oline - Wisconsin. This, more than any other unit, is what Wisconsin prides itself on game in and game out. This year is no exception. That said, Nebraska's isn't terrible or anything, they just aren't at the Wisky level.

Dline - Nebraska. What I wouldn't give for J.J. Watt back.

LB - Wisconsin, but if Nebraska suddenly remembers what color their shirts are, this could change. Terrible underperformance there.

Secondary - Push. Would be Wisconsin, but I can't give the edge to a team that is one bad play away from starting their 4th string corner.

Special teams - Can Nebraska kick a 45 yard field goal comfortably? Can they avoid kicking the ball out of bounds twice in a row? I thought so. Nebraska. That said, Nortman is one of the best punters in the country, though Wisconsin hasn't needed him much this season.

Coaching - I haven't followed Nebraska consistently enough to know how well they are coached.

Atmosphere -
Don't discount the power of 30-40k Husker fans in YOUR stadium. :cool2:
We aren't. Advantage Wisconsin.

Score prediction - Wisconsin 38, Nebraska 31.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Wisconsins defense is too slow for all our speedsters (martinez, bell, green, turner, abdullah) and too weak to stop our tough guys (rex, enunwa)

Fenelus isn't that fast, I'll give you that. Henry in the cover 2 on his side will help, considering Martinez isn't really a threat to go down field. Cromartie and Smith are actually really fast, so I'm not as worried about that as you might thing. Cromartie ran down David Gilreath(think Ohio State opening kick last year) during camp last year. Gilreath had quite a jump on him.

But. If Martinez can beat Fenelus down field early on....that would really change things. Could really put the Badgers on their heels. I'm pretty sure their plan is to take away the run and shut down the screens. They're not looking for Martinez to throw deep on them. They might be in man to man, so...that'll be a chance.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defensive ends are actually pretty fast, and our linebackers are really fast for linebackers dude.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ya. I hope it isn't a close game though, because with Welch out, our kicking game is like Russian Roulette.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Vade, Smart, join me in the Badgers forum once in a while would you? I can hear my own heart beat over there most of the time.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH, and you guys won't know which way to look when we come out in our black uni's..

<<<<

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH, and you guys won't know which way to look when we come out in our black uni's..

<<<<

Won't that actually make it a little easier to know which way to look? LOL

Wait....are we letting you wear non-whites?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and wiscy's are 3-5 when not playing them.

You guys are probably going to just make that stat worse for us after you lose to us, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Michigan, Northwestern..... :becky:

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait....are we letting you wear non-whites?

I've heard every rumor in the book.. all blacks, black pants and helmets, no black, all black for tOSU the next week...

So confusing, and can't get any real info on it

<<< that helmet was posted somewhere, and is likely photoshop'd

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely scenario: Nebraska does what it has for a hundred billion years and wears it's traditional colors.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL okay. I was gonna say, if Bielima/Alvarez would have let you guys in without your away jerseys, I think I would have called them up and asked them if they're also letting Pelini have their offices for the weekend.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL okay. I was gonna say, if Bielima/Alvarez would have let you guys in without your away jerseys, I think I would have called them up and asked them if they're also letting Pelini have their offices for the weekend.

No to the offices, but they'll be gracious enough to give us a win...:becky:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your welcome for Bielima btw bucky, we should have kept him closer

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your welcome for Bielima btw bucky, we should have kept him closer

I don't think he ever had any part of Nebraska. Maybe you're thinking Alvarez? And I see Nebraska and Iowa fans have a lot in common.