• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wings vs Sabres 12/27

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10th game in a row wings give up first goal

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is gonna be even worse than I thought. At least my adopted boys in CBus are amazing the shit outta me.....but they'll never be my Wings.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is gonna be even worse than I thought. At least my adopted boys in CBus are amazing the shit outta me.....but they'll never be my Wings.
figured the wings would miss the playoffs but i didn't think they would look like the worst team in the league.

blashill has only made it worse

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offensive flury by the two lowest goal scoring teams in the league

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Very sad to see that we struggled against the last place team in our division who had been struggling themselves. But, the Sabres looked better last night than they've played in a while. They beat us to many loose pucks far too often and it was apparent that they had more overall speed than we did.

For us to now be in last place in our division and only one point from last in our conference, speaks volumes about the way we've been playing this season. Where do we look for the solution because we are playing consistently poorly in our own end and seeing far too many of our players misplaying simple passes too often for any significant scoring situations to take place? Most of our shots seem to be from the point, but only a handful can be considered as high percentage opportunities.

Inconsistencies in the d-zone and our poor passing have been our biggest issues, but, then again, there doesn't seem to be any sort of structure when we are defending in our end most of the time anyhow.

Another serious issue is that those forwards that seem to have some defensive prowess, don't have much ability to be productive in the o-zone, and for those that have better instincts in the o-zone, they don't seem to be of much valve when the need to defend in the d-zone is a priority. How many of our regulars at the forward position are showing consistency at both ends of the ice? I, personally, don"t see many at all, and there is where the problem lies to me.

Kenny's overall plan that he laid out several years ago has culminated in what we are seeing at present, but, from what I'm seeing during stretches, (not necessarily in any particular game where we might play better overall), something has seriously gone awry in that overall plan, since it seems like someone continues sticking the large wrench into the gear mechanism quite a bit these days.