• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings full off season plan including draft....

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather spend the money on Cox than Bradford. I think that is what i really comes down to. Denver showed that great defenses win Super Bowls!

I do not know a lot about Daniels and a lot of people think we will get him because he knows Pederson's offense. Is he a free agent this year?

If he is then I would be happy to give him a shot and groom a QB behind him.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can afford Cox and Bradford.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some of the comments about Bradford and shake my head. The fact that some of you think he is not a good QB shows your obvious bias towards him. It is definitely not an informed football opinion. What that said I am not saying he is a stud either. My contention is he is at least in the upper half of QB's in the NFL or at least in the area. Without even looking at the list I would put him somewhere at #16 just for arguments sake. I doubt I would find 15 QB's I would say are clearly better than him.

I do plan on researching this when I get a chance this evening just to see if I can do it as well.

He was rated as the 28th best QB by Football Focus, I believe.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the QBs drafted around where we'll be drafting, since Bradford.

EJ Manuel
Christian Ponder
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Johnny Manziel
Tim Tebow

Wow so many amazing QBs!!

Now thats just plain scary!!!!

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically all these guys that say you can't win paying your QB "elite QB money" when he's not performing at that level are wrong, have been wrong, and were just proven to be 100% wrong based on the most previous season.

It's not that you can't, but more that you shouldn't. Totally irrelevant comparison when both those teams got there with great defenses.

We can afford Cox and Bradford.

Maybe you can. But you can't afford Cox and Bradford and Allen and Wisniewski....

And was rarely a lot higher than that in previous seasons and spent a lot of time on IR...

IMO, high upside is not much better than a shot at a rookie QB. I don't think he ever does anything special and now the offense will be very different. He still has no mobility and never will and regardless of last season, he's still an injury waiting to happen.

The only way I want him back is if he's extremely cheap and short term.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is going way up. We could afford Bradford, Cox and Allen. We could also release Peters and draft a stud G in the 3rd. Plenty of $$.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enut just "happened" to forget to mention guys like Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Rodgers. :rolleyes2:
Nope. Those guys were all before Bradford. Reading comprehension problem?

I loved Roethlisberger coming out of college. If I saw one I'd want him at 13, of course he'd also go at #1 because there ain't no Eli or Rivers type prospects in this draft either.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is going way up. We could afford Bradford, Cox and Allen. We could also release Peters and draft a stud G in the 3rd. Plenty of $$.
Yup.

Plenty of options. Plenty of money.

smeagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry don't throw up in my house again

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO! He joined 14 months ago and uses his first post to slam you...and it backfires. Priceless!
That was a good catch, Erk. Hilarious.

Dude brings nothing to the table, can only mention one guy in the last decade, and then completely leaves out Josh Freeman, Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, JP Losman, Mark Sanchez, Jason Campbell, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller and Rex Grossman.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no scenario where anyone could name 27 better QB's and not get laughed at.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd personally take these QBs over Sam Bradford.

No particular order:

Tom Brady
Cam Newton
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton
Big Ben
Carson Palmer
Andrew Luck
Marcus Mariota
Derek Carr
Phillip Rivers
Eli Manning
Matt Ryan
Blake Bortles
Ryan Tannehill
Teddy Bridgewater
Jameis Winston
Kirk Cousins
Tony Romo

That puts ol Sammy Boy at #22 for me personally.

Couple articles about Sam that I agree with:
Reasons why Sam Bradford might not be back with the Eagles

Busting 5 big myths about the Eagles 2015 season

There's no way I'd give Sam anything more than a franchise tag for 1 year. My dream scenario is we tag and trade him. My second option is parting ways, resigning our own studs, grabbing a couple nice FA O-lineman like Allen and Schwartz, loading up on defense in the draft, and drafting a QB like Brandon Allen in the middle rounds to groom under Chase Daniels for a year. Similar to Rey's mock, though I'd rather have Mackensie Alexander or Hargreaves in the 1st round over Treadwell.

Just my take, but to each their own.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Bradford is the 4th best QB in the NFL East.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name 10 teams who would trade their current QB for Bradford straight up?
Your right, but it's really the wrong question.

The real question is are there more than one teams that want Bradford as a starter? And do those teams view Bradford as the piece that can make them a viable contender. Really, there are no other good options in Free Agency and the draft as has been pointed out is a crapshoot. If your Cleveland or San Francisco, are you better off signing Bradford and using your draft pick on another player? If your Houston, do you think Bradford is the one piece that makes your team a perennial playoff contender? If your Philly, would you rather sign Bradford and use your draft pick on a great corner, OLineman or Corner?

It really doesn't matter if there are 20 better QBs out there. The real question is there any better options for the teams that don't have one of those 20 guys?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, but it's really the wrong question.

The real question is are there more than one teams that want Bradford as a starter? And do those teams view Bradford as the piece that can make them a viable contender. Really, there are no other good options in Free Agency and the draft as has been pointed out is a crapshoot. If your Cleveland or San Francisco, are you better off signing Bradford and using your draft pick on another player? If your Houston, do you think Bradford is the one piece that makes your team a perennial playoff contender? If your Philly, would you rather sign Bradford and use your draft pick on a great corner, OLineman or Corner?

It really doesn't matter if there are 20 better QBs out there. The real question is there any better options for the teams that don't have one of those 20 guys?
Daeagles has made it clear that he has absolutely no plan in mind for acquiring a QB.