• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings full off season plan including draft....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency

This entire plan is currently based on Pedersens recent comments about Bradford being able to take us deep in the playoffs. I now believe they are trying to sign Bradford, and until that changes this is my offseason plan.

Our own
1. Sign Sam Bradford
1B I'm getting Fletcher Cox locked up for 5-6 years
2.Next I am trading Darren Sproles which is going to kill me, but I realize we are not on the verge of a championship, and the best way an aging RB with his talents can help us is by landing us a draft pick. I'm positive he can still land us a 5th round pick. However, i will not include that pick in my draft, because it's all based on hypothetical speak.
3. I am signing Walter Thurmond

Players I am signing.

1. Jeff Allen Chiefs OG/RT I'm locking down Jeff Allen with a 5 year contract. I want him here in Philly for the next 5 years. Our failure to draft any offensive linemen puts us way behind, and with Allen just turning 26 he is perfect to lock up long term.

2. Mohamed Sanu WR - The Bengals simply will not be able to keep Sanu. Sanu is a solid #3 WR and gives our QB a legit throwing option. To me, this is a must signing.

3. Stefen Wisniewsksi OG Jags - However, I am not signing him to play center for us, he will play RG.

4. Matt McGloin QB Raiders - Will do a nice job holding the clip board

5. Brandon Weeden QB - Can compete with Mcgloin for the backup job

Significant cuts
Sanchez
Ryans
Peters

Draft

Rd 1 Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson - A true lock down CB. Can take out the other teams best WR and does not need help. His ability to break back on the ball is phenomenal. He has track star speed, and he is a pretty physical CB. He is a elite playmaker and a ball hawk. HE is cocky confident,and is self proclaimed the best CB in this draft, and he says it's not even close. They say his coaches absolutely love him, he puts in a ton of work in film study and his teammates love him. He held Will Fuller to 2 catches for 37 yards, Fuller is one of the best Wr's in this draft. Mackensie Alexander vs Alabama (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Rd 3 Joe Haeg OT NDSU - Normally I would not select a small school player this early, it goes against my own principles. However, I have watched days of film on these O-tackles in this draft, and I can tell you whats wrong with more of them, that was is actually right. The guys that will be selected in rd 1 are all pretty good, however after rd 1 many have serious flaws. Joe Haeg I first saw when watching Carson Wentz tape, he really stands out. He plays very similarly to Lane Johnson, has good feet, slides well, anchors pretty well although he tends to get a little high at times. He plays smart, you can see in his tape that he knows when to come off a block to chip another player to save his Qb's ass. I think Haeg can play LT or RT and that is a plus. I like his game a lot. Joe Haeg vs Montana (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Rd 3 Miles Killebrew SS Southern Utah - Stumbled upon this cat while viewing tape, kids sick. HE is the most punishing tackler in college football if you ask me. He is a text book tackler, his hits are clean and he runs through people when he tackles them. He is a ball hawk with speed. This kid is going to be a steal for somebody! I see a lot of Kam Chancellor in his game. Miles Killebrew vs Sam Houston State (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Rd 4 Hassan Ridgeway DT Texas - This cat is a bad mama jamma. He is explosive off the snap, very powerful and plays violently. He has a lot of similarities to a Jerome Brown type DT. He falls due to injuries, but he has huge upside. Most places have him as a 5th rounder, I'm not waiting that long. He would be a great rotational DT with Cox, Logan and Beau Allen. Hassan Ridgeway vs West Virginia (2014) | Draft Breakdown

Rd 5 Evan Boehm C Missouri -
A big powerful center that can blow open huge holes in the run game, and anchors well in the pass game. As Mayock would say he sinks his hips well, slides his feet nicely in the passing game, and he is very explosive off the ball in the running game. Jason Kelce has shown he is just to light at 280 Lbs to hold up strong for a full season. We need to upgrade the center position with a strong road grader like Boehm. Pronounced BAYM by the way. Evan Boehm vs South Carolina (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Rd 5
Hunter Sharp WR Utah St - A Steve Smith clone. Very explosive in and out of his cuts, has incredible cutback ability in open field to make people miss, very dangerous after the catch. He can go up and get a ball, has serious "ups" can high point the ball very well. Has kick and punt return ability and is very explosive doing that. Dangerous anytime he gets the ball in his hands. Has had off field issues, suspended 2 games last year for violating team conduct policy. Plays with attitude. Hunter Sharp vs Akron (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Rd 6 Daniel Braverman WR Western Michigan - A Julian Edelman clone. A very explosive WR with great quickness. He doesn't necessarily have incredible straight line speed, but he does have incredible quickness and toughness. He has no problem running through traffic to make a catch. This kid has some serious ability but will be a late rounder due to his size and small school.
Rd 7 Caleb Benenoch OT UCLA - A project O-tackle/ OG with quick feet and the ability to manhandle his opponent. He is only a junior and is a bit raw but physical tools are there. He is a nasty player with attitude when he plays. Caleb Benenoch vs USC (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Rd 7 Devon Johnson FB Marshall -
A traditional power back/FB with speed. He reminds me a whole lot of Mike Alstott. He has great speed for a FB, and power for short yardage and to break tackles in open field. Eagles fans would love this cat, he is a blue collar style punishing player.

I think this why by far the most work I have ever done on a mock draft, it was very difficult to select players at need positions, but pass over need positions so you don't reach. No second rd pick just kills us. I couldn't draft Joshua Garnett OG in rd 2 that is who I really wanted to select there. My first round pick becomes Paxton Lynch if we let Sam Bradford walk.

Last edited:

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you signing Bradford in this plan?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so here is why it won't work or happen....

1. Thurmond and Bradford were Kelly guys. I don't think Roseman will sign them because of (1) Price. They will both be expensive and (2), he wants nothing to do with either one (especially Bradford) as their success could be attributed to Kelly.

2. You end up with great depth, but arguably a money and talent logjam in the secondary. You have Maxwell, Rowe, Thurmond, Jenkins and now Alexander and Killebrew to fill 4.5 positions. This isn't Dline where you rotate guys, and all six of these guys are deserving starters. If you draft Alexander, at a minimum you need to let Thurmond walk.

3. Sproles won't net a pick. Best to keep him and have one of the best returners in the league.

4. I really doubt the math works on signing Bradford, Cox, Thurmond, Allen, Sanu and Wisniewski without making other moves. You need to consider cutting Ryans and Sanchez at a minimum to make this work.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so here is why it won't work or happen....

1. Thurmond and Bradford were Kelly guys. I don't think Roseman will sign them because of (1) Price. They will both be expensive and (2), he wants nothing to do with either one (especially Bradford) as their success could be attributed to Kelly.

2. You end up with great depth, but arguably a money and talent logjam in the secondary. You have Maxwell, Rowe, Thurmond, Jenkins and now Alexander and Killebrew to fill 4.5 positions. This isn't Dline where you rotate guys, and all six of these guys are deserving starters. If you draft Alexander, at a minimum you need to let Thurmond walk.

3. Sproles won't net a pick. Best to keep him and have one of the best returners in the league.

4. I really doubt the math works on signing Bradford, Cox, Thurmond, Allen, Sanu and Wisniewski without making other moves. You need to consider cutting Ryans and Sanchez at a minimum to make this work.

You really are an idiot....I prefaced everything by saying " This entire plan is currently based on Pedersens recent comments about Bradford being able to take us deep in the playoffs. I now believe they are trying to sign Bradford, and until that changes this is my offseason plan. "

2. Alexander is being drafted so next year Maxwell can be released and the cap damage will be minimal, plus Alexander is a true lock down CB. Jenkins and Thurmond start at Safety, Maxwell and Rowe start at CB and Alexander plays the Nickel....However, in todays NFL where there are 3-4 WR sets every other play, Alexander would play a ton! Killebrew will play, he simply won't start year one.

3. Sproles would absolutely net us a pick!

4. Ryans and Sanchez can go pound sand! We can find a cheap ass backup QB, and Ryans is cooked.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are an idiot....I prefaced everything by saying " This entire plan is currently based on Pedersens recent comments about Bradford being able to take us deep in the playoffs. I now believe they are trying to sign Bradford, and until that changes this is my offseason plan. "

2. Alexander is being drafted so next year Maxwell can be released and the cap damage will be minimal, plus Alexander is a true lock down CB. Jenkins and Thurmond start at Safety, Maxwell and Rowe start at CB and Alexander plays the Nickel....However, in todays NFL where there are 3-4 WR sets every other play, Alexander would play a ton! Killebrew will play, he simply won't start year one.

3. Sproles would absolutely net us a pick!

4. Ryans and Sanchez can go pound sand! We can find a cheap ass backup QB, and Ryans is cooked.

1. So I am not an idiot. It is fair and likely accurate to have the opinion that your premise is wrong. Bradford won't be signing with the Eagles. The Eagles don't want him. Bradford doesn't want the Eagles.

2. If you plan to cut Maxwell next year, then you should state that as part of your plan.

3. Sproles netted a 5th two years ago. Now he is older and more expensive. He won't net a pick.

4. If you want to cut Ryan's and Sanchez, maybe you should state that in your plan.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. So I am not an idiot. It is fair and likely accurate to have the opinion that your premise is wrong. Bradford won't be signing with the Eagles. The Eagles don't want him. Bradford doesn't want the Eagles.

2. If you plan to cut Maxwell next year, then you should state that as part of your plan.

3. Sproles netted a 5th two years ago. Now he is older and more expensive. He won't net a pick.

4. If you want to cut Ryan's and Sanchez, maybe you should state that in your plan.

Why would I put next year in my plan this year? you make no sense at all.....Sproles has value and will land us a pick if we chose to trade him. Sproles was stolen 2 years ago, Saints could have gotten more for him. I'm cutting Sanchez and Ryans, there now ya know.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't take small school guys with both your 3rd round picks. Way too risky.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD I updated it to be more Specific just for you.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Peters I now see as well....This plan WE are putting together is starting to make some sense....For those of you joining late, the original plan said nothing about signing Bradford, or cutting Peters, Sanchez and Ryans.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent work Wings. Pederson will have to sell Wis on playing guard. That's why we couldn't sign him a few years ago. He wants to play Center. It would be awesome to get both Wis and Allen to step right in at Guard for us.

Your work is well thought through. I also think we will sign Bradford, as most reports are that we won't have to overpay him - maybe n the $15M range, which isn't too bad.

Like it!

Last edited:

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's playing MLB? IMO, Hicks isn't big enough and Kiko looks like he's gonna be on IR more often than not.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it wings.

Bradford, elite secondary talent and a bunch of Olinemen would be a great off season.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your going all in on Bradford, it would make a hell of alot of sense to keep him in the same offensive system. New QB coach, New Head Coach, New OC. This will be Bradford's 4th head coach as a pro. Not a recipe for success.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WCO is used everywhere now and would be super easy for Bradford to run.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braverman is a player I love ... I wrote about him in the draft thread during the season ... huge fan of his. Fearless and does all the dirty work from the slot. I would be shocked if he were still there in Rd 6; I think he's off the board by Rd 4 at the latest. Mac Alexander is a shutdown man-Corner ... he's my #1 Corner. I don't think Bradford comes back here ... I don't know what our plan is at QB, but I would put Bradford's chances of coming back here at around 10%. I also don't think Peters will be cut from what I'm hearing; I think he will be here for at least the upcoming season.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford will never be anything better than average at best. If he stays healthy, he leads a team to a 9-7 record. I'd rather give a rookie 2-3 years if he has the potential to get better.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford plays like his last 7 and Schwartz fixes the D we could win it all. With a rookie you could win 4 and he could flop.