• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Windows???

Are the Commanders now IN their window of opportunity to win long-term?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • 2. No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You strengthen your team whenever you have an opportunity. You seem to believe that when Tee becomes a FA next year, that we will be the only team bidding for him. First, there is no guarantee we can land him, and , second, there may be a bidding war for him. That is how you over pay.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And signing him Next year will be perfect

I may agree with this but if Tee is available for a third, he won’t be available next season. Another team will take him.

We are also a pretty good football team at this moment. Tee would make us better and improve our chances at winn8ng the SB this season. If we were our normal shit show, I may also agree with you.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would not be mad at a 3rd rd pick for Tee and sign him to an extension as part of the deal.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would not be mad at a 3rd rd pick for Tee and sign him to an extension as part of the deal.
He would have to sign an extension, that would have to be part of the deal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You strengthen your team whenever you have an opportunity. You seem to believe that when Tee becomes a FA next year, that we will be the only team bidding for him. First, there is no guarantee we can land him, and , second, there may be a bidding war for him. That is how you over pay.
That is already taken not account. Tee Higgins is not the end all be all at wr and not getting him will not facilitate the fall of our team . You know how we can strengthen or team , give our players better coaching . You overpay for every FA of consequence. One thing I have learned over a lifetime is the next star is just around the corner . I have seen us trade over and over again for the next big thing that will strengthen our team and over and over our resources are wasted . Good gms value their draft picks , we never have in 29 yrs

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may agree with this but if Tee is available for a third, he won’t be available next season. Another team will take him.

We are also a pretty good football team at this moment. Tee would make us better and improve our chances at winn8ng the SB this season. If we were our normal shit show, I may also agree with you.
Tee isn’t available for trade

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is already taken not account. Tee Higgins is not the end all be all at wr and not getting him will not facilitate the fall of our team . You know how we can strengthen or team , give our players better coaching . You overpay for every FA of consequence. One thing I have learned over a lifetime is the next star is just around the corner . I have seen us trade over and over again for the next big thing that will strengthen our team and over and over our resources are wasted . Good gms value their draft picks , we never have in 29 yrs
okay. What FA has Adam Peters overpaid?

You’ve seen the same thing with drafting the next big thing only for them to bust. So what should we do? We can’t draft and we can’t sign FAs. Do we just stay with the 53 we have forever?

you are basing your theory on what the last regime did. It no longer applies to this front office.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay. What FA has Adam Peters overpaid?

You’ve seen the same thing with drafting the next big thing only for them to bust. So what should we do? We can’t draft and we can’t sign FAs. Do we just stay with the 53 we have forever?

you are basing your theory on what the last regime did. It no longer applies to this front office.

Name me one SB champ that built their team strictly on drafting players and didn’t have any FAs. If there is one, you may be on to something.