• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Windows???

Are the Commanders now IN their window of opportunity to win long-term?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • 2. No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3. Unsure

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw this out there.
This is just me, the redskins have been so bad, and also pretenders. So we came in with no real expectations, especially because we added good players but no elite pieces(likely not available). However, on the flip side, we also felt like if we were more aggressive with certain positions, then this season could possibly be more than just a one and done.
There is the conflict, just do the best you can with what you have, or upgrade and see how far you can go.
We nearly beat the superbowl bound ravens, without Robinson. Maybe with Higgins and a additional pass rusher we win that game

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw this out there.
This is just me, the redskins have been so bad, and also pretenders. So we came in with no real expectations, especially because we added good players but no elite pieces(likely not available). However, on the flip side, we also felt like if we were more aggressive with certain positions, then this season could possibly be more than just a one and done.
There is the conflict, just do the best you can with what you have, or upgrade and see how far you can go.
We nearly beat the superbowl bound ravens, without Robinson. Maybe with Higgins and a additional pass rusher we win that game
How much of the future do we mortgage for a quick fix , instant gratification playoff win? If you can bring in a maxx Crosby or a miles Garret then maybe you give up some draft capital. But why give it up for guys you can simply sign next year

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of the future do we mortgage for a quick fix , instant gratification playoff win? If you can bring in a maxx Crosby or a miles Garret then maybe you give up some draft capital. But why give it up for guys you can simply sign next year
A 25-year-old star is not a quick fix and if you get him you're not mortgaging your future, he'll be part of it. I'm kind of with you on Reddick because I'm fairly sure that this front office and coaching staff want more youthful people on their roster.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can get players that are better than what we have for a reasonable price in order to win. You do it because there are no guarantees of what might happen next year
Damn.......this might be the best ever response I've seen from you on this board.

<golf clap>

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 25-year-old star is not a quick fix and if you get him you're not mortgaging your future, he'll be part of it. I'm kind of with you on Reddick because I'm fairly sure that this front office and coaching staff want more youthful people on their roster.
Until Higgins puts his name on an extension he is a rental be it 1/2 a yr or 1 1/2 year rental at a position. That isn’t a primary need . Our offense is performing as a top 5 unit . Why give up assets and money for a guy I can get for just money next year ( or his equal )

Reddick is holding out now for the jets and he , at best will be playing week ten . If things go south with Higgins the same scenario can happen with him .

I like to shoot with both barrels not one .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Higgins puts his name on an extension he is a rental be it 1/2 a yr or 1 1/2 year rental at a position. That isn’t a primary need . Our offense is performing as a top 5 unit . Why give up assets and money for a guy I can get for just money next year ( or his equal )

Reddick is holding out now for the jets and he , at best will be playing week ten . If things go south with Higgins the same scenario can happen with him .

I like to shoot with both barrels not one .

Because the money you pay Tee Higgins this offseason will be far greater than you would for an extension upon signing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what a one-year WR rental looks like;

th

Global web icon
Sporting News
https://www.sportingnews.com › us › nfl › washington...

Commanders urged to trade for $10 million wide receiver to …

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t pursue him or any other WR. At this time . Edge or cb i will listen too

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you know, there is an ongoing debate over what to do or not do about improving this current team Question:

Now that the Commanders have their quarterback, are they now in their window of opportunity to win long-term? (Not Superbowls, not division or playoffs)
They have a rookie QB on a rookie contract who looks like the sky is the limit talent-wise. 1st step was acquiring him...Done.. 2nd step was him showing you/me/us that he's a balla.......Done. 3rd step is putting enough talent around him.

Yeah, I'd opine they are now in the window of which you speak n realistically step 3 began with the draft n will be an ongoing process I'd like to think.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to shoot with both barrels not one.
No one is saying you can't shoot both barrels. If you know how to shoot though all you need is one shot to hit your target. Then you'll have another shot for another target.