• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wilwhite's 2014 QB Rankings

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Peyton – Probably loses 100 FF pts from last year; still leads the league
2. Brees – The gold standard in fantasy reliability
3. Stafford – With those ridiculous receiving options and a zillion attempts, back to 2011 numbers

- gap -

4. Foles – Throw out his 7-TD game; numbers are still crazy (14 months ago: Maclin > DJAX)
5. Rodgers – Would be higher but I think he misses a game or two
6. Brady – Last year he’d barely met his receivers. Not this year.
7. Luck – Improved again, but not elite.

- gap -

8. Romo – Will lead the league in desperate, failed, two-late-TD comeback attempts
9. Ryan – Julio good. Ryan good. Everything else not so good.
10. Dalton – Decent QB. Great offense. Lots of dump passes to Hill and Bernard will be big plays.
11. Newton – About the same as last year, but dudes are passing him.
12. Wilson – Ditto, even with a Harvin bump.
13. Cutler – If he’s healthy all year will put up big numbers… and still end up outside the top 12.
14. Kaep – Crabtree helps, but other dudes are passing him, too.
15. Rivers – Regresses to his mean; look for a solid three-headed SD running game.
16. A. Smith – Another overachieving year for weak-armed QB with no receivers (thanks, Jamaal!)

- gap -

17. Big Ben – More of the same.
18. Tannehill – Mild improvement.
19. RGIII – Stay in pocket: awkward, will get hurt. Cut him loose: will get hurt.
20. Locker – Breaks into the ranks of the adequate.
21. McCown – Can’t bring Trestman with him to TB.
22. Hill – Those receivers have matured; good for Hill, too late for Bradford
23. Palmer – Meh. Floyd helps.
24. Flacco – Double meh. Steve Smith helps. (Carr's spot but he won't get enough starts.)

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man your list is FUBAR.

Romo over Flacco ?

Too many mediocres to mention over Flacco ?

Stafford and Foles over Kaepernick ?

Foles and Stafford and Romo over Wilson ?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should point out that this is the fantasy football forum... so Romo looks a lot better than he does from a straight-up football perspective, and Flacco looks a lot worse.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting... wow, are we way off on Big Ben! And I am a little surprised at your Foles love.

Boy it sucks when the bottom of everyone's list are blurbs of "meh", "whatever"...and Manuel isn't even that far up!!! Oh boy I'm in for a(nother) long season.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should point out that this is the fantasy football forum... so Romo looks a lot better than he does from a straight-up football perspective, and Flacco looks a lot worse.

Think I'd take Rome over Flacco in real football too, along with about 15 other QB's. One perfect storm season does not a great QB make. Do the lurkers just forget where they are sometimes? ?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man your list is FUBAR.

Romo over Flacco ?

Ummmmmmmmm........

Yes, yes (Flacco is a below average back up.), yes (and I'm not even a fan of stafford), and yes.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man your list is FUBAR.

Romo over Flacco ?

Yes. If you followed Fantasy Football stats you would know this is true.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WilWhite... nice list. I love how Brees has been a lock, a reason I target him as my QB (though I love you Rodgers) this year I'm leaning towards Peyton with his schedule, o-line, fantasy playoff schedule, weapons, and HIS DEFense.

-DUB-

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WilWhite... nice list. I love how Brees has been a lock, a reason I target him as my QB (though I love you Rodgers) this year I'm leaning towards Peyton with his schedule, o-line, fantasy playoff schedule, weapons, and HIS DEFense.

-DUB-

I have gone with Brees the last couple of years. This year I drafted Rodgers. Hoping he stays healthy this year and puts up the points. With Manning, points should come down a bit this year with Denver playing the NFC West this year and the Denver defense possibly being much better.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft isn't till Sunday and I do keep flipping my thoughts on which QB our of Manning, Brees, and Rodgers. I love taking a QB off the board asap due to our point setup in the league and my pieces of mind not needing to juggle week in and week out.

Rodgers has a lot of weapons but the O-line again has issues. I'm a Packer fan born and raised outside of G.B but just like you I've taken Brees a lot over the years... It'd be nice to hit the HOT qb this year....

-DUB-

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also thinking a sneaky play is Tom... he knows the wrs now... scheld isn't bad.

-DUB-

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also thinking a sneaky play is Tom... he knows the wrs now... scheld isn't bad.

-DUB-

What is up with the Green Bay Oline? Is it injuries or lack of talent?

Brady was not ranked very high this year. I almost took him as a second QB but someone got him before me. I think he is going to be better than where he was ranked.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I, obviously.

Rodgers has been missing for at least one game late in the season three of the past four years. Peyton looks a little worn out by then. Brees always seems to be there.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I, obviously.

Rodgers has been missing for at least one game late in the season three of the past four years. Peyton looks a little worn out by then. Brees always seems to be there.

Brees killed me at times last year. He didn't perform well on some of the road games.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is going to come across as a homer looking thru rose colored glasses, but if the Seahawks offense looks anything close to the preseason, Wilson is going to start looking much better to all of you very soon.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I think Wilson will put up numbers that would have been consistently top-3 before QB inflation kicked in in 2010.

DUB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up with Rodgers... Manning went ahead of me and when I look at Bree's last 6 games roughly, eeek!

-DUB-

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is going to come across as a homer looking thru rose colored glasses, but if the Seahawks offense looks anything close to the preseason, Wilson is going to start looking much better to all of you very soon.

I think you have some rose colored glasses there Harold. For Fantasy Football purposes, I still have him second tier and not a QB who I would take early. I put little stock in preseason. The Seahawks would need to change their offensive philosophy, Harvin needs to stay healthy, and Wilson needs to show he can play that way. Might happen, but very uncertain. My plan is to stick with the proven guys or guys that play in an air-it-out system like Philly

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have some rose colored glasses there Harold. For Fantasy Football purposes, I still have him second tier and not a QB who I would take early. I put little stock in preseason. The Seahawks would need to change their offensive philosophy, Harvin needs to stay healthy, and Wilson needs to show he can play that way. Might happen, but very uncertain. My plan is to stick with the proven guys or guys that play in an air-it-out system like Philly

Not to disagree with your premise. . Which I do agree with btw, but Philly is not an air it out team. .Chip Kelly is very much a run run run guy, who happens to have a very efficient pass game because of it. New Orleans, Detroit, Dallas, Atlanta, maybe even Denver.. are though. Philly's 50.4 % pass to run ratio put them in the bottom third of the league last season

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we will see. He's in his third year, with better targets. I think the Seahawks will need him to step it up. I think he will. Time will tell.