• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson to Denver

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton turned around Kerry Collins’ career, turned around Bridgewater’s leading to him getting a good starter payday with Carolina. And made Russ passable last year. He has a history with making QB’s better at the very least.

He also torpedoed Russ' career by throwing him under the bus last season, so he's not all gold.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought the rumors were that Z Wilson was immature and S Payton is a hard ass. This seems like a terrible fit

Zach may be immature, but like his ladies very mature.

This video sealed his interest in joining the Broncos...

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver can't depend on a rookie to be their backup quarterback. They are actually getting a pretty good deal here considering the minimal cap room they have from the Russell Wilson contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver can't depend on a rookie to be their backup quarterback. They are actually getting a pretty good deal here considering the minimal cap room they have from the Russell Wilson contract.

Stidham is the safer option IMO. Wilson is a reclamation project.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham played pretty well in his two starts last year, other than all the sacks lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200w.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Sam Darnold.

Then both of them said it (I don't remember Darnold saying it). That said, I remember that Wilson game where he was playing the Pats who had like 4 interceptions (and dropped like 4 more) when he said he was seeing ghosts.

On that note, you ever call me out like that again on the GENERAL forum meg, we're having words. I'll eat that stupid friend crab you keep going to for advice over in the Atlantic if it comes to that (probably that backstabbing crustacean in the first place that gave you this horrible intel).

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then both of them said it (I don't remember Darnold saying it). That said, I remember that Wilson game where he was playing the Pats who had like 4 interceptions (and dropped like 4 more) when he said he was seeing ghosts.

On that note, you ever call me out like that again on the GENERAL forum meg, we're having words. I'll eat that stupid friend crab you keep going to for advice over in the Atlantic if it comes to that (probably that backstabbing crustacean in the first place that gave you this horrible intel).

I’m not calling you out. I just don’t remember Zach Wilson “seeing ghosts.” I do remember Sam Darnold saying it.

I also remember that Darnold got mono, but that’s not relevant.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not calling you out. I just don’t remember Zach Wilson “seeing ghosts.” I do remember Sam Darnold saying it.

I also remember that Darnold got mono, but that’s not relevant.

All good mah dude... but you hate that crab right? I mean let's be honest... we can talk about it... I'm happy to take care of it if needed. You wont be suspected at all.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A playoff contender couldn't depend on a rookie back-up QB. The Broncos? Let's just say this might not be their year. If Zach Wilson was a FA he'd probably get a non-guaranteed $2.75M 1 year deal. The Broncos are guaranteeing the contract and giving up nominal Draft chart points. It's not a terrible deal if he ends up being Stidham's back-up, but if that happens the Broncos will have bigger issues than whether or not they won this trade. I don't think this trade changes what the Broncos will do in the Draft. It's merely preempting a worst case scenario if they can't get a QB in the Draft. Personally I wouldn't have made this trade at this time because I don't think it significantly improves upon the worst case scenario. Also the Jets would probably have accepted a similar deal for 2025 picks after this Draft if the Broncos worst case scenario does come to pass. Then again a waste of $2.75M salary and a few Draft chart points aren't worth the distraction for the Broncos this close to the Draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A playoff contender couldn't depend on a rookie back-up QB. The Broncos? Let's just say this might not be their year. If Zach Wilson was a FA he'd probably get a non-guaranteed $2.75M 1 year deal. The Broncos are guaranteeing the contract and giving up nominal Draft chart points. It's not a terrible deal if he ends up being Stidham's back-up, but if that happens the Broncos will have bigger issues than whether or not they won this trade. I don't think this trade changes what the Broncos will do in the Draft. It's merely preempting a worst case scenario if they can't get a QB in the Draft. Personally I wouldn't have made this trade at this time because I don't think it significantly improves upon the worst case scenario. Also the Jets would probably have accepted a similar deal for 2025 picks after this Draft if the Broncos worst case scenario does come to pass. Then again a waste of $2.75M salary and a few Draft chart points aren't worth the distraction for the Broncos this close to the Draft.

Denver's a playoff contender?

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NFL coaches are taking notice of what has happened in Green Bay. Don't put the rookie in any game that matters for the first 2-3 years. If Denver drafts a QB...I would expect him to sit the bench until Payton thinks he's ready. Zach Wilson does bring them some experience at QB. Other than Mason Rudolph...there wasn't much that the Broncos could afford.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NFL coaches are taking notice of what has happened in Green Bay. Don't put the rookie in any game that matters for the first 2-3 years. If Denver drafts a QB...I would expect him to sit the bench until Payton thinks he's ready. Zach Wilson does bring them some experience at QB. Other than Mason Rudolph...there wasn't much that the Broncos could afford.
No offence but a 1st round rookie sitting behind a near-retirement top 6 QB for 2+ years is a pretty unique set of circumstances. No other team is going to adopt that as a model for them, and if Green Bay had known how long Rodgers was going to play they wouldn't have used a 1st round pick on Love.

I don't want to crap on Z. Wilson, the 2023 Jets O-line, or either of the Jets/Broncos organisations, (maybe I do :whistle: ), but I don't see Z. Wilson as much, if any, upgrade on Stidham. There were other, (better), QB options available this offseason: Fields, Wentz, K. Allen, B. Allen, Dobbs, Huntley, Garoppolo, Pickett, Howell, Rudolph. That's excluding the more expensive Winston, Flacco, Taylor, Lock, & Mariota. I would have taken any of them ahead of Z. Wilson.

I can pretty much guarantee Payton won't sit a 1st round rookie QB behind Stidham and Z. Wilson for 2 years. The Broncos will want results from Payton before year 4.

Off-topic but Broncos fans must be worried if no FA QB agreed a deal with the Broncos. Was Payton a red flag for FA QBs?