• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Williamson Bribe Claim

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone can really take anything Michael Avenetti says seriously

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, NONE of his records concern Zion as he played AAU ball with the Sumter Falcons in South Carolina, and Zion has no connection between Franklin (AAU Coach alleged to have taken bribes in California in order to steer potential players to Nike schools) and his AAU team, it just sounds like horseshit to me to use the biggest name in college basketball in order to scheme & extort money from Nike

Shower Fart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Avennatti is a scum bag and very likely full of shit, but Zions dad was on the FBI tapes making a list of demands for himself and his wife.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avennatti is a scum bag and very likely full of shit, but Zions dad was on the FBI tapes making a list of demands for himself and his wife.

Yes, Avenatti is definitely a scumbag. But that's not exactly an accurate statement. Here's the transcript I'm guessing you're referring to in your post:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the Adidas courtroom trial,

Hey," said Code, according to his attorney, Mark Moore. "Between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know?"

Who is "he?" Zion Williamson's father, per Moore's courtroom account.

"I know what he's asking for," Code continued. "He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the very best, this is a third party translating a conversation we have no proof of what context, etc. Zion's father hasn't been taped on any wire tap by the FBI, and neither has Zion or his mother as this is just hearsay by a convicted felon backed into a corner.

Avenatti has nothing on Zion's parents, Nike, or Duke and in a deposition by Nike the FBI has him on a wire tap committing extortion among other charges he faces, so there's that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt for one second that he turned down money at kansas to play for duke for free.

That being said, not the best source for this.

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just a big fan of seeing the UK haters backtracking on what is or isn't cheating now. Or, better yet, everyone does it (tend to agree here).

The thing is, you have to be a goddamn idiot to get caught these days or if you're caught, it isn't going to be Cal, K or whoever but some intermediary doing the heavy lifting. Well, except for Pitino because he's arrogant enough to think he is above everyone else.

At the end of the day, Nike, Adidas, whoever will be fine. The top programs that don't have undeniable evidence levied against them will be fine. If I'm a Kansas, Louisville or Zona fan then I'd be worried but everyone else is either mostly untouchable (Duke), already scammed the entire system and got away it (UNC), not stupid enough to get caught again (UK) or no one cares enough about their program to want to see them burn.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He reminds me of the dude that set up Fyre Feast (Not JaRule)

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, you have to be a goddamn idiot to get caught these days or if you're caught, it isn't going to be Cal, K or whoever but some intermediary doing the heavy lifting. Well, except for Pitino because he's arrogant enough to think he is above everyone else.

Idiocy, arrogance, and cheating all go hand in hand.

At least it's fun watching these folks crash and burn much of the time.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude will try and say anything to save his own ass.

I heard him being interviewed by Clay Travis this morning.

Yep, you have those who hate Duke, view Nike as the definition of corporate greed, and then see this guy's actions as Legitimate.

Then again you see the IRS after his ass for not paying taxes in 10 years, wire tapped by the FBI trying to extort Nike's attorneys, and being vague and reckless with his own charges and accusations, which a Grand Jury just indicted him on 36 counts!

Listen, Michael Avenatti was also "Indicted For Allegedly Stealing A Paraplegic Client's Settlement Money"; this dude is a worthless POS!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, you have those who hate Duke, view Nike as the definition of corporate greed, and then see this guy's actions as Legitimate.

Then again you see the IRS after his ass for not paying taxes in 10 years, wire tapped by the FBI trying to extort Nike's attorneys, and being vague and reckless with his own charges and accusations, which a Grand Jury just indicted him on 36 counts!

Listen, Michael Avenatti was also "Indicted For Allegedly Stealing A Paraplegic Client's Settlement Money"; this dude is a worthless POS!

He is lower than scum and he is trying to do everything he can to get his name "clean"

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re right he’s scum.

But again, the chances that Zion turned down a godfather offer from Kansas to play for free at duke are essentially zero

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right he’s scum.

But again, the chances that Zion turned down a godfather offer from Kansas to play for free at duke are essentially zero

What was Kansas's offer?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Kansas's offer?

Again, it's a vague third party conversation this guy(convicted felon) came up with after he was backed into a no win compromised position, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF AN OFFER! ZERO EVIDENCE, NONE! Its like me saying , "hey, let's score some weed!",

Does that mean I want dope? Or tobacco? Or I'm cutting grass and spray Roundup? Or just bullshit?

And you're the guy that overheard that being said over the phone with no corroboration of who or what or when!

There's nothing there

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to add Mark Schlabach to the shit head list. Idiot lost us a whole class with his b.s. click bait article. The asshole is still a ghost on twitter.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it's a vague third party conversation this guy(convicted felon) came up with after he was backed into a no win compromised position, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF AN OFFER! ZERO EVIDENCE, NONE! Its like me saying , "hey, let's score some weed!",

Does that mean I want dope? Or tobacco? Or I'm cutting grass and spray Roundup? Or just bullshit?

And you're the guy that overheard that being said over the phone with no corroboration of who or what or when!

There's nothing there

But even you aren’t dumb enough to believe Zion went to Duke for ZERO, right?