• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Your Team Fuck Up the Draft?

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first time in awhile i am going with "no", idzick knows what he is doing....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first time in awhile i am going with "no", idzick knows what he is doing....

Curious, I doubt he falls to the Jets in the second round, but would you be ecstatic or say WTF are they thinking if the Jets went:

9: Mingo
13: Jarvis Jones
41: Te'o

Those 3 to go along with Coples and Big Mo would give the Jets one of the most intimidating front 7s in football.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fantasizing that Mingo drops to the Titans is becoming more and more unrealistic the closer we get. :Cry:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with DJ? He would complete the Bucs OLine...

I would prefer Cooper or Warmack. However, there's a chance 5 OL's are taking in the top 10. If that happens I would trade down a bit & add another pick or two. This team needs help all over the place. 11 is too high for Fluker.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, Matt Barkley would be the exact kind of fucked up pick I'd expect the Titans to make this season. Anything even remotely close to that and me and the majority of other fans will be getting the duck outta fodge. :frusty:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, Matt Barkley would be the exact kind of fucked up pick I'd expect the Titans to make this season. Anything even remotely close to that and me and the majority of other fans will be getting the duck outta fodge. :frusty:

If a team selects a QB in the top 10 of this draft they're making a brutal mistake I don't care who it is. In fact I wouldn't take a QB in the 1st round.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, I doubt he falls to the Jets in the second round, but would you be ecstatic or say WTF are they thinking if the Jets went:

9: Mingo
13: Jarvis Jones
41: Te'o

Those 3 to go along with Coples and Big Mo would give the Jets one of the most intimidating front 7s in football.

i'd like that, my ideal draft Millner at 9, mingo/jones at 13, ej manuel at 41 (i am a big manuel guy, but not in the 1st round unless they can trade back and get a few additional picks)

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like that, my ideal draft Millner at 9, mingo/jones at 13, ej manuel at 41 (i am a big manuel guy, but not in the 1st round unless they can trade back and get a few additional picks)

I think Millner will be their at 9. Teams are concerned about the 5 surgeries he's had. Apparently Cleveland wants Mingo. We shall see.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Millner will be their at 9. Teams are concerned about the 5 surgeries he's had. Apparently Cleveland wants Mingo. We shall see.

yeah, i think his surgeries might catch up to him later in his career

at that point, we'll give him to tampa for a 1st and 3rd :lol:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i think his surgeries might catch up to him later in his career

at that point, we'll give him to tampa for a 1st and 3rd :lol:

I think Revis will be fine in Tampa. When the owner doesn't want to pay the player there isn't anything the coach can do about it. The Jets got the best deal they could. Tampa was the only team willing to give Revis the money & make the trade.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Revis will be fine in Tampa. When the owner doesn't want to pay the player there isn't anything the coach can do about it. The Jets got the best deal they could. Tampa was the only team willing to give Revis the money & make the trade.

I think revis will play great

but IMO there are 2 outcomes:

A) The injury catches up to revis and he is gone after 2-3 years (they dont have any guaranteed money so they'll cut him rather than pay 16 million)

B) He dominates, and because of the no guaranteed money he holds out for guaranteed money.

I loved revis, and will root for him in tampa.......but either way i'm glad the jets dont have to deal with it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) The injury catches up to revis and he is gone after 2-3 years (they dont have any guaranteed money so they'll cut him rather than pay 16 million)

B) He dominates, and because of the no guaranteed money he holds out for guaranteed money.

I loved revis, and will root for him in tampa.......but either way i'm glad the jets dont have to deal with it.

I don't expect him to holdout. If Revis plays well this season they'll renegotiate the current contract to make it more cap friendly. At the same time Revis will get a large signing bonus.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to disagree about #2. Its would make zero sense for him to do that.

Guaranteed contracts are not about the player receiving the money but about the team taking a Salary Cap Hit.

For Instance. Lets say I sign a 4 year 40 million dollar contract, in which 20 million is guaranteed over the first 2 years with No Signing Bonus.

If I am cut, One Second after signing the contract I get ZERO CENTS. NOTHING. But the team is on the hook for 20 million in Salary Cap Hell.

Revis by holding out would be earning nothing except screwing the Bucs. If that did happen, the Bucs cut him for nothing and NO ONE WILL GIVE HIM ANOTHER 16 Mil.

I can see him holding out if he dominates and another player earns more than him on the D side.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to holdout. If Revis plays well this season they'll renegotiate the current contract to make it more cap friendly. At the same time Revis will get a large signing bonus.

A Signing bonus would kill the Bucs. A guy that makes a flat sum of 16 Mil is easy to work around. A guy that makes 10mil, 18 mil, 12 mil, 14 mil, then 16 mil with signing bonus spread out like this 2 mil, 10 mil, 4 mil, 14 mil, 4 mil. That would destroy the Bucs cap.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis would hold out, the bucs are going to cut him???? no way, they are "throwing away" a #13 pick......

and where did you get your guaranteed info, i believe that is wrong....

"First off, beware of the word "guaranteed" when reading media reports about players signing new contracts. Agents are the sources for most of these stories. They need to recruit clients. They benefit when media reports overstate contract terms. They will sometimes count first-year base salaries as "guaranteed" simply because they're convinced the team will not release the player before that salary is paid. Also, some money can be guaranteed against injury and/or skill, which matters if the player is released following an injury or when healthy enough to play.

If a team releases a player before paying part of that player's guaranteed salary or guaranteed bonus, the team still must pay that money. This doesn't happen very frequently, however. In most cases, the player has already received all guaranteed money by the time he's released. The remainder of the contract vanishes. "

revis will want a promise of being payed for years to come

(i also could be wrong on the rules, i dont know contract rules that well)