• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will this be the best playoff ever? (Bowl season preview/recap thread)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl recap (Last Friday through yesterday)

Most of the bowl action after January 2nd was uneventful. We DID get Ohio players showering their coach with french fries after they won the Potato Bowl, though. We also saw Tulane making a lot of people look stupid again by winning another bowl.

Louisiana vs. Miami (OH) score: Ragin' Cajuns earn first 11-win season with LendingTree Bowl victory
And as the link clearly says, the Cajuns now has it's first-ever 11-win season.

Rating for the Lendingtree Bowl: 2.5 stars
Rating for the Potato Bowl: 2.25 stars
Rating for the Armed Forces Bowl: 2.25 stars

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National championship preview

Let's go ahead and get this statement out of the way: Tonight's game is gonna be epic. Problem is, I don't really have a dog in this fight. So instead, I'll preview this game with a brief "tale-of-the-tape".

QB: It's Joe Burrow vs. Trevor Lawrence. One's a Heisman winner, the other is 25-0 as a starter.
RB: We all know about Clemson's powerhouse Travis Etienne. But LSU can perhaps keep pace with Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who has over 1,300 rushing yards and 16 TD's.
WR: BOTH teams are stacked at this position, including Ja'Marr Chase for LSU and Tee Higgins for Clemson.
Defense: Of course, Clemson has the better defensive unit. But LSU's defense HAS gotten much better over their last 4 games.

...Wait a moment. I just remembered something! Didn't I pick Clemson to win it all back in August? Well, that settles it then!
My prediction: Clemson 42-35