• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

will the real alex smith please stand up ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time for smith to prove he is worth the 71 mil guaranteed contract and the 2 high resources we gave up to get him

some on this board say he is better , ok fine , well better had better make up the deficit is what i am saying

If he is better, we should get ten wins without Guice.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He not better, nor is he worse than Kirk.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cousin's will prove to be the better QB over the course of both of their careers.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He not better, nor is he worse than Kirk.
This is a fair statement if evaluating these 2 today. But the question is who will be better over the next 5 years? For that is what we really gave up in running off a good QB who is entering his prime vs a good QB on the backside of his career.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a fair statement if evaluating these 2 today. But the question is who will be better over the next 5 years? For that is what we really gave up in running off a good QB who is entering his prime vs a good QB on the backside of his career.

that isnt the mantra i have been seeing on this board . it was clear to everyone i debated that smith was the BETTER qb and now expectations are being changed to fit a narrative

well let me make this clear to those who have opposing views about smith then us joy .

either he is a winning qb , who will win games that KC allegedly couldnt and elevate the team or he cant making all the reasons for going after smith a big pile of homer manure

we could have gotten anyone of those FA qbs and finish 500 . we didnt have to trade to get one who will

but truthfully , with all my heart i believe this team can win 10 games and make the playoffs without guice . but smith has to be what he is advertised to be because we didnt have guice on this roster when this trade and debate went down

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team should be better than last years team. With the addition of Payne and Settle and Allen, Ironman and Foster being healthy. The defense should be improved. I like Dunbar at corner and hopefully a healthy Nicholson will add to that.

Guice's injury hurt some. If CT and Reed can stay relatively healthy and Richards helps and the OL can stay basically healthy then this team is way ahead of last years team. I don't see the loss of Davis as a big loss, I think at best he was the 5th receiver in the rotation. Sorry for the guy but it isn't killing the team.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just speculation, but I do appreciate your opinion on this. (anyone else who wants to chime in as well) BTW: let's not laugh too much at the thought of a season long healthy Jordan Reed. Not likely, of course, but humor me.

I think an all season long healthy Jordan Reed would be good for 90-100 rec/1100 yards/and 13 or 14 TDs. And that's with the Skins not taking full advantage of his talents. Taking full advantage of his talents. I think he'd have closer to 1350-1500 yards and maybe a couple more TDs.

The talent of which I think the Skins have neglected far as Reed is his ability to get downfield. Though its not completely the Skins fault. In 5 years Reed has only played in 52 games starting 27. The inability to stay healthy has likely derailed what could've been a great career. With that said. Injuries or not, its still a damn shame that his career long reception is 38 yards and that happened his rookie season.

In the "I don't know if its really impressive, but it sounds damn good" stats dept. Reed has never had a catch/target ratio of worse than a 74.1% catch rate in a season. For his career Reed has 275 catches on 363 targets for a 75.7% catch rate.

According to this Yards Per Target As A Metric (interesting read by the way) Reed led the NFL with a 76.3% catch rate in 2015. I'd gladly take a lower catch rate though for a Reed that could stay healthy for 16 games.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reed plays 16 baby , you heard it here first

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but the guy doesn't suck. I believe he is a step below Cousin's but not a fall off the face of the earth guy. He is a little more agile as a runner so maybe that adds to the offense.

This^^^^^^ is where I'm at with Smith as well.

Also, from a career perspective, Smith is a 2 passing TDs/1 INT ratio guy. For the last 6 or 7 years though Smith has been closer to a 3 passing TDs/1 INT ratio guy. I was hopeful the Skins would be a more balanced offense this year, but with the loss of Guice (fuck, that hurt) I can see Smith hitting career highs in multiple passing categories this year. If he can maintain that 3/1 TD/INT ratio or close to it. He could be in for a big year passing-wise.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reed plays 16 baby , you heard it here first

Reed will play with 16 babies on the sideline that are probably his kids. I saw him today in the fight and was thinking walk away Mr. Glass. On the Smith debate. I think he is a slight slight notch below KC. The knock I have on the guy vs Cousins is that he is older and how much we gave up for him. I didn’t like giving up Fuller. Straight up KC vs Smith I just feel Cousins as the slightest edge. Guice going down does effect Smith. Guice going down means Smith will though need to throw more for 1st downs and get more yardage. Instead of 2nd and 6 it will probably be 2nd and looong. The key that I believe everyone can agree on to us winning more then last year is staying healthy. My God we hit the star players injury bug last year and so far this year I am not so sure it hasn’t stopped. Pray we can stop the big injuries from crumpling our team again this season. Like last year when we had all those injuries I felt like a horrible fan by wishing we would lose the rest of our games for a decent draft pick because there was no way we would make or advance in playoffs. However we didn’t pack it in, we lost some players but unfortunately won 3 more games that dropped us out of top 7-10 draft selection. Hoping this year is better with a new QB.

My #32,000 post ^^^ Sucks like the 31,999 before them

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was coming home from fishing on Saturday and I was listen to vikes game on radio well on Kirk first drive the vikes scored which the radio guys where like Kirk is here to win Superbowls if he don't Kirk would have faled Skol nation. I don't think nobody thinks Alex smith will lead us to the Superbowl most people think it's the best option after losing Kirk

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was coming home from fishing on Saturday and I was listen to vikes game on radio well on Kirk first drive the vikes scored which the radio guys where like Kirk is here to win Superbowls if he don't Kirk would have faled Skol nation. I don't think nobody thinks Alex smith will lead us to the Superbowl most people think it's the best option after losing Kirk
Coach, isn't this what you wanted? I seem to remember you were a pretty big basher of KC the last year.

Also, to be clear, we did not lose Kirk. We drove him off. We had real opportunity to sign him before last offseason.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Start changing the narrative now. Good choice.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what i say now they change the narrative . KC was DRIVEN OFF and yes we had other options then to make the trade .

its done now he needs to live up yo the hype

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to look it up but his agent said he would have signed in 2015 but Scot and Bruce wanted a prove it year before they were going to pay him. They (the FO) drove up his price. In the end he played well enough to get two big contracts because the Redskins kept saying PROVE IT. He did and I don't blame him for leaving at the end of 2017. He took all the risks and he performed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to popular belief, I do not believe he sucks. I believe he has talent; however, I believe he is far to risk averse. This leads to him not throwing to guys who are NFL open and missing out on key yardage.

Having watched Alex play in SF and in KC all these years, you have nailed it. Alex is a good quarterback. He won't lose you games. He is just risk averse and tends to check down rather than make the more difficult throws. That is what separates him from the top NFL Quarterbacks and that is why his interception numbers are always so low. Last year especially the first half of the season was the most aggressive I have ever seen him play his entire career throwing the ball downfield. I actually think the criticism of his arm strength all these years hasn't been justified. He doesn't have a strong arm but it is average. I've seen worse.