• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Rams win a playoff game this season?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the rams is that they only lost 1 game at home all season they did lose to the bears but imagine how cold Chicago is in December. In the playoffs teams from northern states where its fucking freezing hell tend to have an advantage over teams that aren't from cold climates. I wouldn't bank a lot in Chicago going to LA and winning.

If the rams get the #2 seed I can see them winning 1 home game and winning on the road in NO being its a warm dome game. If they choke this weekend and Chicago wins and LA ends up with the 3 seed then they have problems. I don't think anyone wants to play in Chicago in that freezing cold with that hype stadium who hasn't had the bears see success in years

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we can win with Goff. He needs a perfect pocket and for Gurley to go off.

Could happen. But he’s not bringing us back in the 4th Q. Aaron Donald and that Dline could wreck havoc tho
They are giving up 28 ppg over the last 7 which is a huge concern considering they will be playing very tough defenses whether it be Chicago, Seattle or Philly.

I honestly don’t get the Rams. They spent a fortune on the Defense and they give up a ton of points. And I agree if they fall behind it will be tough sledding for Goff.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another problem I can see with the Rams is that they're pretty young. They basically clinched a playoff spot a long time ago, and they may be sputtering to a point where they simply can't get the edge back.
I was talking about this as well at work yesterday. They had it locked up so long ago they are just not interested in anything but the playoffs. Reminds me of the GSW and all they really need to do is make the playoffs and then they will show out. Difference is, is GSW have a been there done that, while the Rams need to get that number 2 bye so they can get their shit together. We will see what happens this weekend against SF. I think the niners have a really good chance to take this one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are giving up 28 ppg over the last 7 which is a huge concern considering they will be playing very tough defenses whether it be Chicago, Seattle or Philly.

I honestly don’t get the Rams. They spent a fortune on the Defense and they give up a ton of points. And I agree if they fall behind it will be tough sledding for Goff.

Before the season it looked like they were building a dream team on defense with the acquisition of Suh, Talib, and Peters and with Wade's reputation as a DC. Other than Talib being hurt IDK what happened but they have been pedestrian on defense most of the season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about this as well at work yesterday. They had it locked up so long ago they are just not interested in anything but the playoffs. Reminds me of the GSW and all they really need to do is make the playoffs and then they will show out. Difference is, is GSW have a been there done that, while the Rams need to get that number 2 bye so they can get their shit together. We will see what happens this weekend against SF. I think the niners have a really good chance to take this one.

I don't see SF getting this one if the Rams are actually trying to win and play their starters. SF doesn't play well on the road and they are missing too many players this week. As it is they were playing a lot of backups the past few weeks.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last 4 games with Talib at around 11 points per game I believe.

They play as good as they need to unfortunately. Always thought Wade has been waiting for this time of year honestly but we will see.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk about close games, but aren't most NFL games close?

Yeah that's true. But in Seattle's case, they have lost more than they have won this year.

Control the game, keep it close, and give your QB a chance to win it.

Sounds like what they did to try and win their 2nd Super Bowl and that didn't work for them.

LA has won 7 out of the last 10 games between the two and have only lost to Seattle at home once in the last 5 years. I think the odds are stacked against Seattle if they play in the playoffs but that is in no way me saying that it's impossible for Seattle to win if it were to happen.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see SF getting this one if the Rams are actually trying to win and play their starters. SF doesn't play well on the road and they are missing too many players this week. As it is they were playing a lot of backups the past few weeks.
Ok but I don't see the 49er losing by 10 tho. I am one of those weird people who thinks SF was a few plays away from being a 8-8 or 9-7 team this year.

aubie2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok but I don't see the 49er losing by 10 tho. I am one of those weird people who thinks SF was a few plays away from being a 8-8 or 9-7 team this year.
SF is better than their record indicates. I just don't see them pulling off the upset, especially with a bye on the line for the Rams.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's true. But in Seattle's case, they have lost more than they have won this year.

Sounds like what they did to try and win their 2nd Super Bowl and that didn't work for them.

Is there a strategy that works every time? But yeah, losing in the SB is a solid sign that the team's approach has a serious flaw. Yikes.

LA has won 7 out of the last 10 games between the two and have only lost to Seattle at home once in the last 5 years. I think the odds are stacked against Seattle if they play in the playoffs but that is in no way me saying that it's impossible for Seattle to win if it were to happen.
And Seattle beat them in LA last year with zero running game and a complete garbage OL. But that was last year. The '18 Hawks match up with the '18 Rams pretty well -- have already showed that with 2 very close games, and that was when the Rams had Cooper Kupp and Goff was playing well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the way the Rams are built, they'll beat any team as long as they dont lose the turnover battle. Rams are built to dominate that category but they're only +7 which is middle of the pack for playoff teams.

If they NEED Goff to make big plays against an elite defense then they can be beat and if the NEED the defense to routinely make stops against elite offenses then they can be beat. Still, the Rams are going to be in every game and every matchup they play. They have the most talent.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think SF can give them a game, and now I believe Gurley is officially out. Now with the Bears breathing down their necks, I wonder if they can simply flick the switch. SF is not as bad as their record suggests, and it is a divisional game, but the reality is the Rams are simply more talented....at some point they need to show their playoff game instead of limping in.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, the Rams were embarrassed by the Falcons in LA. This year, they’ve got a few matchups that could prove problematic for them:

Scenario 1: Rams get the #2 seed and play Chicago, Dallas, or Seattle in the divisional round.

Chicago already stomped the Rams into the ground a few weeks ago. Sure, it was in Chicago but they couldn’t handle the D. This could be a nightmare matchup for the Rams.

Dallas is 2-5 on the road so they’re probably the easiest matchup for LA in this scenario, but they’ve also been a much better team since acquiring Amari Cooper...and they also have a good defense.

Seattle lost twice to the Rams but by a combined 7 points. And like Dallas, Seattle has been playing well lately, including a dominating win over the Vikings and a big win over the Chiefs.

Scenario 2: Rams get the #3 seed and play Minnesota or Philadelphia.

The Eagles already embarrassed the Rams in LA only a few weeks ago. That performance may be difficult to duplicate...but the Rams are reeling from it. If they somehow lose to the 49ers in week 17, the pressure would be on in this wildcard matchup. Does anyone want to face Nick Foles right now?

The Vikings have yet to beat a team with more than 8 wins this season, so their very existence in the playoffs should be in doubt. That said, if they manage to lose to the Bears but the Eagles lose to Washington, we could be looking at this matchup. Alternatively, we could be looking at it for the divisional round if they beat the Bears two weeks in a row. Minnesota already played LA in LA on a short week earlier in the season. And it was a fairly tight game. It would come as no surprise if they could pull a win out against the Rams.

All in all, I give them about a 50-50 shot of winning a playoff game. Either way, I don’t see them winning if they have to go to Chicago or New Orleans.

Dallas would be the toughest, than Seattle, than Chicago

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams tried to hide how hurt Gurley was in Chicago. Basically the Rams had a pass only offense and they couldn't pass protect without the rushing threat. Conditions in Los Angeles will favour the offense and the Rams won't be 1 dimensional. I see the Rams as -190 money line favourites and -3.5 on the handicap at home to the Bears. The Seahawks would be a much greater threat to the Rams. I think the Seahawks will win in Dallas or Chicago. The Bears winning the #2 seed and hosting the Rams after a bye is the Bears best chance of a Championship appearance.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the problems they have had lately, they are still sitting in a pretty good position if they get the bye. Nurse some nagging injuries and they should still be a favorite to win that division round game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No-yes.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas would be the toughest, than Seattle, than Chicago
Do you really think Dallas is the biggest threat to the Rams of those three? Sorry @Battlelyon , I just don't see it. I would reverse that order. Bears toughest out for the Rams for sure.