• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Rams win a playoff game this season?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, the Rams were embarrassed by the Falcons in LA. This year, they’ve got a few matchups that could prove problematic for them:

Scenario 1: Rams get the #2 seed and play Chicago, Dallas, or Seattle in the divisional round.

Chicago already stomped the Rams into the ground a few weeks ago. Sure, it was in Chicago but they couldn’t handle the D. This could be a nightmare matchup for the Rams.

Dallas is 2-5 on the road so they’re probably the easiest matchup for LA in this scenario, but they’ve also been a much better team since acquiring Amari Cooper...and they also have a good defense.

Seattle lost twice to the Rams but by a combined 7 points. And like Dallas, Seattle has been playing well lately, including a dominating win over the Vikings and a big win over the Chiefs.

Scenario 2: Rams get the #3 seed and play Minnesota or Philadelphia.

The Eagles already embarrassed the Rams in LA only a few weeks ago. That performance may be difficult to duplicate...but the Rams are reeling from it. If they somehow lose to the 49ers in week 17, the pressure would be on in this wildcard matchup. Does anyone want to face Nick Foles right now?

The Vikings have yet to beat a team with more than 8 wins this season, so their very existence in the playoffs should be in doubt. That said, if they manage to lose to the Bears but the Eagles lose to Washington, we could be looking at this matchup. Alternatively, we could be looking at it for the divisional round if they beat the Bears two weeks in a row. Minnesota already played LA in LA on a short week earlier in the season. And it was a fairly tight game. It would come as no surprise if they could pull a win out against the Rams.

All in all, I give them about a 50-50 shot of winning a playoff game. Either way, I don’t see them winning if they have to go to Chicago or New Orleans.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the Rams were embarrased last year by the Falcons...it was their first taste of the playoffs against a team that has some experience.

As for this season....I just don't get a good vibe from them in the last month or so. I think they could easily lose their first matchup...especially since they don't really have a home field advantage in the coliseum. I'm just not sure I can trust Goff, and given that, I think they could be had by any team in the playoffs.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say. Here's what I think:

If they have to play Chicago, I don't think they do. I think Chicago is a dark horse for the NFC title.

If they play Dallas, Seattle or Minnesota, I would say yes. I can't see LA losing at home to one of those teams in playoff atmosphere. Then again, LA lost at home against Atlanta last year in the first round. But I don't think any of these teams were as good as the Atlanta team last year.

If they play Philly, that's a tough call. They've lost to Philly in LA once already this year so it doesn't bode well for LA in a rematch. Something about the Eagles with Foles as QB just elevates them to another level.

In conclusion, I think the only way they win a playoff game is if they play Dallas or Seattle as the 2 seed in the 2nd round or Minnesota as the 3 seed in the first round.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the matchup but I see them getting the #2 seed.

I think Chicago and Seattle move on which means they will play Chicago. I think it would be a close game and go either way. I don't see them winning the NFC Championship if they get there though

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say. Here's what I think:

If they have to play Chicago, I don't think they do. I think Chicago is a dark horse for the NFC title.

If they play Dallas, Seattle or Minnesota, I would say yes. I can't see LA losing at home to one of those teams in playoff atmosphere. Then again, LA lost at home against Atlanta last year in the first round. But I don't think any of these teams were as good as the Atlanta team last year.

If they play Philly, that's a tough call. They've lost to Philly in LA once already this year so it doesn't bode well for LA in a rematch. Something about the Eagles with Foles as QB just elevates them to another level.

In conclusion, I think the only way they win a playoff game is if they play Dallas or Seattle as the 2 seed in the 2nd round or Minnesota as the 3 seed in the first round.
Just curious, but why don't you think Seattle can beat the Rams in LA in a "playoff atmosphere?" Two very close games in the regular season, and I think Seattle is a better team now than they were then and LA has probably slide back a tick or 2.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to the Niners this week and the Bears winning to take that 2 seed away would be the worst for the Rams, imo. I don't really see it happening but they really don't want the Eagles coming back in to LA. And they really need that extra week off to get Gurley healthy if they want to make any kind of run.

The 2 seed helps them a lot but likely the Bears come to town. Now, as much as the Bears D dominated the first match-up and could very well do that again, the Bears on the road aren't nearly as formidable as they are at home and the Bears offense didn't do a lot in the first game. Just enough to win, mind you, which is okay. No scenario is great for the Rams the way they have slowed down lately but they are still a good team. I can't count them out, being objective.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is "probably" but they are not playing as well as they were mid-season. They'll be favored in the div rnd no matter who the matchup is against, but they'll have to get Goff back on track and hope Gurley can hold up in order to move on.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe the Rams will win a postseason game... For one reason only... Goff...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we can win with Goff. He needs a perfect pocket and for Gurley to go off.

Could happen. But he’s not bringing us back in the 4th Q. Aaron Donald and that Dline could wreck havoc tho

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but why don't you think Seattle can beat the Rams in LA in a "playoff atmosphere?" Two very close games in the regular season, and I think Seattle is a better team now than they were then and LA has probably slide back a tick or 2.

I think it's very debatable that Seattle would beat LA in the playoffs. An argument could be made for them, but I personally don't think Seattle is that much of a better team since last playing LA. Since losing to them in November, they barely beat a struggling Packers and Panthers team and lost to the 49ers in OT. Yes, they beat KC which is a huge win, but their defense has given up over 350 yards on offense in all but 1 game in the last 7 and as shown in the games against LA, they can't do that and still expect to win the game. Their offense is peaking at exactly the right time, in my opinion. Running game has been consistent for sure. It's these close games with Green Bay, Carolina and San Fran that make me question if they could beat LA. Also, Seattle is 3-4 in games decided by less than a TD and they've split their road games this year (4-4).

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's very debatable that Seattle would beat LA in the playoffs. An argument could be made for them, but I personally don't think Seattle is that much of a better team since last playing LA. Since losing to them in November, they barely beat a struggling Packers and Panthers team and lost to the 49ers in OT. Yes, they beat KC which is a huge win, but their defense has given up over 350 yards on offense in all but 1 game in the last 7 and as shown in the games against LA, they can't do that and still expect to win the game. Their offense is peaking at exactly the right time, in my opinion. Running game has been consistent for sure. It's these close games with Green Bay, Carolina and San Fran that make me question if they could beat LA. Also, Seattle is 3-4 in games decided by less than a TD and they've split their road games this year (4-4).

I think that's a pretty fair assessment overall. I think the key to it all is Gurley's health. Gurley absolutely destroyed Seattle's D in that game in LA earlier this year. But the 4th quarter was also really bad for the Hawks D. The one caveat to all of this is how difficult it is to beat a division rival 3 times in a season. It's doable for sure as we saw last year with the Saints/ Panthers but it is still tough. I give Seattle a punchers chance in this, especially considering the Hawks scored 31 both time they played. It all hinges on whether Seattles D can just hold the Rams down a little. K.J. Wright's return helps.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the argument really isn't "Seattle would beat LA" but "LA can't lose to Seattle in a playoff atmosphere" like you stated. The Hawks stepped on their cranks in Santa Clara a couple weeks ago. That's the only thing keeping from a 6 game winning streak heading into the playoffs (assuming a win at home in week 17, favored by 13.5), so as it is they've won 5 of 6. We can talk about close games, but aren't most NFL games close? They are the only team in the league that runs it > 50% of the time; their style tends to produce more close games. Control the game, keep it close, and give your QB a chance to win it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a pretty fair assessment overall. I think the key to it all is Gurley's health. Gurley absolutely destroyed Seattle's D in that game in LA earlier this year. But the 4th quarter was also really bad for the Hawks D. The one caveat to all of this is how difficult it is to beat a division rival 3 times in a season. It's doable for sure as we saw last year with the Saints/ Panthers but it is still tough. I give Seattle a punchers chance in this, especially considering the Hawks scored 31 both time they played. It all hinges on whether Seattles D can just hold the Rams down a little. K.J. Wright's return helps.

He had 77 yards on 22 carries. 4 catches for 36 yards.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another problem I can see with the Rams is that they're pretty young. They basically clinched a playoff spot a long time ago, and they may be sputtering to a point where they simply can't get the edge back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
magic-eight-ball-ask-again-later-photo-researchers-inc.jpg

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, that was the game in Seattle. Gurley was 16 for 120, 7.5 ypc, 1 TD plus 40 rec yds. C'mon JMR, you're smarter than this
Heh. You're right. I went to the first game we played against them. My mistake.