• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Pace trade up, down, or stay put?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious Robbie wants to come back to us. Just get it done. The pick we got for Howard should get it done. Probably a draft day deal. Yay for us. That Parkey sh*t was tired and it'll be nice to just not worry about the kicking position after last year's debacle.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way on earth would I give up more than one of the two 7th rounders we have for him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way on earth would I give up more than one of the two 7th rounders we have for him.

Edinger was a 6th rounder...Butthead was a 4th rounder. I wouldn't sweat a 6th rounder if the guy we're getting is good...which Gould is.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edinger was a 6th rounder...Butthead was a 4th rounder. I wouldn't sweat a 6th rounder if the guy we're getting is good...which Gould is.
Trust me, I'm not going to have a kitten if by chance it turned out that Pace gave up more than a 7th rounder in order to acquire Gould. I'm a big fan of his. But since we're playing armchair GM here, all I'm saying is I wouldn't give up more than a 7th rounder for him. Drafting a kicker in a 4th, 5th, 6th round is a different scenario than trading a draft pick for a somewhat aged veteran kicker who is openly fighting to be released from his contract.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing the devil's advocate.

* 49ers still hold all the cards. They don't have to trade Gould if they don't get an offer they like.
* Gould is no spring chicken, he's 36 years old
* We still owe 4M to Parkey, adding Gould's impending salary--that's a lot of money allocated just to a kicker
* Justin Tucker signed 4 year extensions for 23M, 12M of which is guaranteed. Gould is sure to want something in that neighborhood.

There's alot of moving parts here. Even if we agree to a trade, how much does Robbie want?

I'm not a big fan of giving away that much money to a freaking kicker. Anyone who disagrees with me is just having a knee jerk reaction to Parkey missing that field goal. Get over it, it's done, think logically about how much of your cap space should be allocated to a freaking kicker.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last point. The fact that all this happening before the draft tells me if we are to trade for Gould, it'll happen before the draft or not at all. So we may have some news within a couple days.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Robbie Gould is holding out, there's no other reason than he and his agent expect the Bears to make a move for him. I mean, what other explanation would there be? He's been pretty vocal about wanting to be near his family during the season.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them trading up to get a running back they really like. I think they are looking for rotational pass rushers, defensive linemen, and offensive linemen.

Only way this makes sense, is that if Jacobs goes in the first round. This is a weak RB draft, so I think once the first one goes (Jacobs), they may start falling like dominoes. In the 3rd we might his teammate Damien Harris, who is a smarter player, yet had more wear on his tires.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Gaskin....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's simply no way to guess who Pace will select at #87, and that's assuming he keeps the pick. He's a huge BPA guy, so unless someone has a connection to the inner sanctum, it's a crapshoot as to who he has listed as such and whether that person falls to the 87th spot. Position-wise, I'm leaning toward him taking someone from the secondary, or if not that, then a RB.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's simply no way to guess who Pace will select at #87, and that's assuming he keeps the pick. He's a huge BPA guy, so unless someone has a connection to the inner sanctum, it's a crapshoot as to who he has listed as such and whether that person falls to the 87th spot. Position-wise, I'm leaning toward him taking someone from the secondary, or if not that, then a RB.

In other words, water is wet.

(rolls eyes)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I could have predicted that he would draft a CB, S, RB, FB, QB, WR, TE, DT, DE, Edge, OLB, ILB, K, P, or LS, but I tried to narrow it down. But on a happier note, I sure am glad you're still contributing to this thread despite declaring it dead way back at the second post.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I could have predicted that he would draft a CB, S, RB, FB, QB, WR, TE, DT, DE, Edge, OLB, ILB, K, P, or LS, but I tried to narrow it down. But on a happier note, I sure am glad you're still contributing to this thread despite declaring it dead way back at the second post.

The water is wet response was directed specifically at the bolded part of your said post.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The water is wet response was directed specifically at the bolded part of your said post.
I know it was. No one will ever accuse me of being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I got the gist of your bolded highlight. Hell, I'm just glad to see us continue having the conversation that you declared dead back on post #2.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was. No one will ever accuse me of being the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I got the gist of your bolded highlight. Hell, I'm just glad to see us continue having the conversation that you declared dead back on post #2.

And as you can see from the contents of this thread, we're still basically talking about nothing.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as you can see from the contents of this thread, we're still basically talking about nothing.
Cool, then it makes this thread the Bears board equivalent of the Seinfeld show. And look how long that lasted!