• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Manning retire if he wins?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As many of you have said, Manning loves playing the game. He has been quoted many times on this subject. His response has been the same each time this question was asked. As long as he feels like he's playing football at a high level, he wants to continue to play. Of course if he won the Superbowl he could change his mind, but I don't believe that would happen. Based on how he's answered this question over and over again, I believe Peyton will be leading the Broncos offense again next season.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a doctor. He is too smart to take any major risks, but I dont see anything in his play that would suggest that his health would be in question any more than it was this or last year. His team will be a SB favorite and he will be favorite for MVP. Hardly the time to walk away.

And I dont care how much money you have, 20 million dollars is a shit ton of cash.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he'll be back. He is due to have another surgery in the offseason, so he will likely be good to go for another 2-4 years.

He missed an entire year of football, severely threatening his chances of catching Favre's numbers.

So NO, he won't retire. I've talked with a few people in his camp about this and he still has alot left in the tank.

I would love to see your sources on him having another surgery this off season. If he does it won't be on his neck. Only thing I could see is maybe his ankle since he hurt it earlier in the year but even there he has looked just fine.

As for the subject at hand. His contract makes him go in for a check up every year to make sure the neck fuse is still holding together well. He has said as long as that checks out ok he will be back for another year whether they win or not. I lean on the side of believing him considering the season he just had.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day Manning retires is the day no team is willing to offer him a starting job. Don't see that happening for a couple years.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see your sources on him having another surgery this off season. If he does it won't be on his neck. Only thing I could see is maybe his ankle since he hurt it earlier in the year but even there he has looked just fine.

As for the subject at hand. His contract makes him go in for a check up every year to make sure the neck fuse is still holding together well. He has said as long as that checks out ok he will be back for another year whether they win or not. I lean on the side of believing him considering the season he just had.

The surgery he is going to have this off-season isn't his neck.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly can't see him retiring, win or lose. It doesn't seem to be in his nature. Hell, if he had any thoughts of it, you would think it would have been when he went through all the neck surgeries and Indy let him go. He certainly shouldn't now when he is clearly the best QB in the game and probably (depending on each fans p.o.v), the best that has ever played the position. I would be disappointed if Peyton were to leave the game. It is truly a joy as a fan of the game to watch what he does on the field. There are some players who are above allegiances to my particular team. I used to despise the Edmonton Oilers in the 80's but could not help but admire the talent of Wayne Gretzky.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman will trash talk him too hard and Peyton Manning will suffer a career ending injury because of it. I mean apparently according to ESPN and all the reporting, I'm surprised Crabtree is even alive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he'll finish this year out and next year will be his last year. I doubt he will retire even if he wins the superbowl this year. He's still got at least one more good year left to possibly 2-peat if he wins this year.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a serious neck injury wasn't enough to make him want to hang it up then I doubt he's ever gonna quit on his own. He'll play 'til he gets cut or hurt. Assuming he stays healthy I'd say he has a few more years left in the tank.