• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Kuechel and Kimbrel play baseball this year?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he won't be in division, but it's kind of annoying hearing about all this financial flexibility we have and just don't use it.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he won't be in division, but it's kind of annoying hearing about all this financial flexibility we have and just don't use it.

That’s because there’s a terrorist in the general manager’s office.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins are cowards

Every year

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins bullpen looks good without Kimbrel

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins bullpen looks good without Kimbrel

What did you think he was going to fly in and pitch 2 shutout innings after that rain delay? He probably won't pitch until close to July.

What sucks is, if Zobrist didn't bail out on the season and his salary because of a divorce (seriously, who the fuck takes 5 months off and leaves 13 million on the table over a divorce?), the Cubs aren't even players for Kimbrel because they'd be paying out of the ass in luxury tax.

That being said, the Twins not willing to at least match that 3 year deal and let him choose is weak sauce at best and cheap at worst.

The amount of financial flexibility that the team has next year is absurd. 3 of the 5 starters are free agents. Castro, Cron and Schoop are off the books. Reed's dead money is gone.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s probably been in the mirror practicing that arm hanging douche move thing for months....

Yankees fans aren't allowed to call players from other teams douches, or accuse them of douche moves.

A real douche move is staring down a pitcher after a home run in a game your team is losing because the guy accidentally hit you a time or two.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you think he was going to fly in and pitch 2 shutout innings after that rain delay? He probably won't pitch until close to July.

What sucks is, if Zobrist didn't bail out on the season and his salary because of a divorce (seriously, who the fuck takes 5 months off and leaves 13 million on the table over a divorce?), the Cubs aren't even players for Kimbrel because they'd be paying out of the ass in luxury tax.

That being said, the Twins not willing to at least match that 3 year deal and let him choose is weak sauce at best and cheap at worst.

The amount of financial flexibility that the team has next year is absurd. 3 of the 5 starters are free agents. Castro, Cron and Schoop are off the books. Reed's dead money is gone.

No but I was expecting that when the inevitable bullpen meltdown did happen I could comfort myself knowing help was on the way. Now we still don’t have that comfort.

I ageee about Zobrist what a pussy. That happens to you and me? Boss says “take the weekend, and we will see you again on Monday”.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees fans aren't allowed to call players from other teams douches, or accuse them of douche moves.

A real douche move is staring down a pitcher after a home run in a game your team is losing because the guy accidentally hit you a time or two.

I was unaware of this rule.....It must be a little known codicil in the Faber College constitution......

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year 13.

Not a terrible deal, but I don't think he is even that much above average at this point.

Appears it's the prorated equivalent to the $17.9M qualifying offer.

After this last year, kind of surprised he went with a 1 year deal. He's right back in the same boat next winter.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Yahoo's Tim Brown, it's a one-year, $13 million pact. Keuchel had to sweat it out for a few months but the left-hander has finally found a home in Atlanta, where the Braves find themselves in a dog fight with the Phillies in an up-for-grabs NL East. Keuchel arrives in the Peach State with two All-Star appearances and a Cy Young award to his credit, all accomplished during his seven-year run in Houston. It's going to be a few weeks before he's big-league ready but once he shakes off the rust, the 31-year-old should be a top-of-the-rotation force for Atlanta.

guess he didnt want to shave his beard:suds:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's in the middle of a divorce he's really only leaving 6.5 on the table