• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Jim Harbaugh ever beat tOSU as a head coach?

Will Jim Harbaugh ever beat tOSU as a head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts?

Will Harbaugh ever beat Meyer?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only assume that he will at some point. The way I see it, he's not going back to the NFL anytime soon (burnt bridges en sech), and Urban is bound to have a very down year at some point (seeing as how last year was a down year & Harbs didn't manage to finish better that 3rd in his division) so it only stands to reason that the last team standing will be coached by Harbaugh.

Reactions: 006

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only assume that he will at some point. The way I see it, he's not going back to the NFL anytime soon (burnt bridges en sech), and Urban is bound to have a very down year at some point (seeing as how last year was a down year & Harbs didn't manage to finish better that 3rd in his division) so it only stands to reason that the last team standing will be coached by Harbaugh.

Burned bridges? With who out of curiousity?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that having the players turn against you is burning bridges. Having the owners of the 49ers turn against you is, but they are a shit show and not really much thought should be given to it.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Urban will start to mock the "Jumpman" thing and start asking guys if they really want to play football at a school who wears basketball equipment and sinks Jimbos ship. Lane Kiffin could stir up just as much media and I question the branding en sech. Also I think Michigan will struggle with a new qb and losing major contributors from the past 2 years, it will open Harbaugh up to negative recruiting entering year 4.

This isn't a slam on Michigan, I think cfb is better with a good Michigan program

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Urban will start to mock the "Jumpman" thing and start asking guys if they really want to play football at a school who wears basketball equipment and sinks Jimbos ship. Lane Kiffin could stir up just as much media and I question the branding en sech. Also I think Michigan will struggle with a new qb and losing major contributors from the past 2 years, it will open Harbaugh up to negative recruiting entering year 4.

This isn't a slam on Michigan, I think cfb is better with a good Michigan program

The Jordan brand is the most popular in the world. The last thing it'd be is a negative for the program. They get exclusive shoes, they get the newest swag. Every recruit they talk to mention Jumpman and the gear the players get. You have to remember - Derek Jeter, Charles Woodson, Keegan Bradley, Andre Johnson are/were with Jumpman. For crying out loud -- Michael Jordan was an honorary captain and spoke with the team this past year. So it isn't as if this is something off brand for Jumpman.

I do agree with the new contributors this year and it taking some time to get acclimated. The one position I'm not worried about is QB though. Wilton Speight returns and if he wins the job, he will have beaten out the first QB recruit Harbaugh brought in. I'm more worried about the secondary and the WR's. Very talented, but limited experience.

And most schools deal with negative recruiting. They reported multiple times recruits stated schools were telling them Harbaugh was leaving for the NFL. So it is nothing new to get negative recruiting. It comes with the territory.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jordan brand is the most popular in the world. The last thing it'd be is a negative for the program. They get exclusive shoes, they get the newest swag. Every recruit they talk to mention Jumpman and the gear the players get. You have to remember - Derek Jeter, Charles Woodson, Keegan Bradley, Andre Johnson are/were with Jumpman. For crying out loud -- Michael Jordan was an honorary captain and spoke with the team this past year. So it isn't as if this is something off brand for Jumpman.

I do agree with the new contributors this year and it taking some time to get acclimated. The one position I'm not worried about is QB though. Wilton Speight returns and if he wins the job, he will have beaten out the first QB recruit Harbaugh brought in. I'm more worried about the secondary and the WR's. Very talented, but limited experience.

And most schools deal with negative recruiting. They reported multiple times recruits stated schools were telling them Harbaugh was leaving for the NFL. So it is nothing new to get negative recruiting. It comes with the territory.
Ceiling is the roof for Michigan in my opinion.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ceiling is the roof for Michigan in my opinion.

Could be worse for UM. We could be hanging our hopes on Butch Jones. So we got that going for us.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point he will. I think 2019 will be the year he does it. I just think Michigan loses to much this year, and next year with it being in Columbus, it'll be that more difficult. So 2019 seems about right.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given he was a controversial 4th down away from doing it this year, I'd say yes. But at this point, I'd say it will be unlikely that he'll leave UM with a winning record over Urban.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point he will. I think 2019 will be the year he does it. I just think Michigan loses to much this year, and next year with it being in Columbus, it'll be that more difficult. So 2019 seems about right.

I agree. As I've said from the beginning of the hiring. We really won't know what UM will become until he gets his own recruits in the program. This year coming up will be the first year his recruits will be playing significant minutes. Unfortunately, the majority of the starters will be sophomores and freshman, so they will deal with issues.

In the end -- it will come down to how the QB plays though. The only team in CFB who can get away with game managers at QB and still compete for NC's is Alabama. And no team in the country can match the talent Bama has on that side of the ball.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. As I've said from the beginning of the hiring. We really won't know what UM will become until he gets his own recruits in the program. This year coming up will be the first year his recruits will be playing significant minutes. Unfortunately, the majority of the starters will be sophomores and freshman, so they will deal with issues.

In the end -- it will come down to how the QB plays though. The only team in CFB who can get away with game managers at QB and still compete for NC's is Alabama. And no team in the country can match the talent Bama has on that side of the ball.
Hey the Buckeyes won with Craig Krenzel.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Buckeyes won with Craig Krenzel.

There is always going to be the occasional team who defies the norm. But, in general, if you don't have a stud at QB -- you aren't winning a NC.