• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Bogdan Bogdanovic end up playing for the Bucks in the postseason?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't... Lakers will have to play at Toronto, MIL, Boston, Miami, Indy... the rest of West teams too... It's tar and feathers waiting for them in the East...
So, that is 5-1 for the West....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be around 225 wins for both conferences, no matter what bullshit @buckalis has to say. All we have to do is watch it happen

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm lets see... Clarkson, Nance, Randle, Brook Lopez, Lonzo, Ingram, Zubac, Hurt... and of course ...Deng!

What an exiting future building a team up!

You realize that none of those players are on the Lakers, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be around 225 wins for both conferences, no matter what bullshit @buckalis has to say. All we have to do is watch it happen

Well, to be fair, @buckalis is basing 100% of his East is better than West narrative on his unwavering assumption that the Jazz are hands down the best team in the West.

Since Utah isn’t that good, it kind of makes the rest of make sense.

Never mind that the Lakers are 19-3 and that the Clippers are 16-6 while only have their best two players on court together like 4 times while Utah is barely above .500.

If Utah really were the best team in the West, then the East would be much better.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, @buckalis is basing 100% of his East is better than West narrative on his unwavering assumption that the Jazz are hands down the best team in the West.

Since Utah isn’t that good, it kind of makes the rest of make sense.

Never mind that the Lakers are 19-3 and that the Clippers are 16-6 while only have their best two players on court together like 4 times while Utah is barely above .500.

If Utah really were the best team in the West, then the East would be much better.
For one more time you prove to be a beyond any argue idiot...

I've never said that the Jazz are the best team in the West... not once! (it's your usual habit to invent things that were never said and put them in people's mouth)...

What I have said is that I expect Utah to win the WCF and I expect this, because unlike the rest in the West, they have enough cap space left and haven't used their MLE, therefore I expect them to be much stronger during the postseason...

By the way, when I first suggested the Jazz to win the WCF, I wasn't aware that the Mavs also are in a similar financial position as the Jazz are, therefore it may not be only UTAH stepping up later in the season, but the Mavs too...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never said that the Jazz are the best team in the West... not once! (it's your usual habit to invent things that were never said and put them in people's mouth)...

What I have said is that I expect Utah to win the WCF and I expect this, because unlike the rest in the West, they have enough cap space left and haven't used their MLE, therefore I expect them to be much stronger during the postseason...

By the way, when I first suggested the Jazz to win the WCF, I wasn't aware that the Mavs also are in a similar financial position as the Jazz are, therefore it may not be only UTAH stepping up later in the season, but the Mavs too...
Or, you know, it could always be the Lakers who are 3.5 games up and don't appear to need to make moves later in the season to compete.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, you know, it could always be the Lakers who are 3.5 games up and don't appear to need to make moves later in the season to compete.

Suppose (for the matter of argument) that the Jazz trade with the Cavs for Love and that the Mavs trade with the Thunder for Gallinari... Additionally, one of them uses the MLE and "helps" Iguodala to buy out his contract and adds him... Do you think that the Lakers or the Clippers are better?

Personally, I don't think so...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose (for the matter of argument) that the Jazz trade with the Cavs for Love and that the Mavs trade with the Thunder for Gallinari... Additionally, one of them uses the MLE and "helps" Iguodala to buy out his contract and adds him... Do you think that the Lakers or the Clippers are better?

It depends. First, I don't think that the Mavs, even with a trade, are going to have much playoff success this year. I feel they are performing well now, but their youth will catch up with them as the season goes on. Even if they continue to play well the playoffs are a different animal and their is a learning curve that they will still need to climb.

It may suprise you to know that I also picked the Jazz to come out of the West this year. However, to this point they have underperformed. They just aren't playing together well. They still can pull it out, but they better find their groove quickly. Your trade for Love would help them put points on the board, but he will get eaten alive by Davis or Leonard in the playoffs.

Also, the whole point of this thread to start with was you wanting Bogdonovic going to the Bucks, whick would sink the Jazz's chances (still don't see them doing that for what the Bucks would send them).

So yes, if I were picking at this point I still would go with the Lakers out of West, even with your trades.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, still no.

And if you are going to claim that over and over as you have, you need to qualify it.

But nobody Utah is adding is going to make that big a difference.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

Mavs would be interesting with Gallinari and Iggy.

But Utah doesn’t have any superstars. They aren’t beating both LA teams without adding one.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it turns, the Bucks may not be interested at all to add another combo guard / stretched SF to the roster after Donte Divicenzo has stepped up to show unexpected progress...

Donte, has only participated in just over 50 NBA games in his up to now career after having being injured in his rookie season, which caused him to only have 27 games last year.

It's 12 starts this season for Donte, who was called to replace Middleton in the Bucks starting lineup during Khris' few weeks absence due to injury and it's now Bledsoe the one that he starting instead after he has being sidelined due to another injury.

Under the circumstances and given that the Bucks look very powerful as they are, a very probable candidate for the Bucks to add in order to significantly upgrade their roster, is the big SF/PF combo forward Robert Covington out of the Wolves, who would provide excellent rotation option to both Giannis and Khris Middleton coming from bench, but would also allow the Bucks to have all three Giannis, Robert and Khris on the floor for when the game requires a "three tower lineup", with Middleton playing at SG.

The Wolves are off course looking for a high quality starting PG to add in their roster and after the negotiations they had with GS for Russell have failed (GS has decided not to trade Russell), their choices are limited for the quality of player they may be able to add, leaving only Jrue Holiday as an option, for who the Wolves don't have the assets N.O. would require as to motivate them, nor N.O. would be interested to add Convington in their roster after having drafted Zion Williamson.

Therefore this trade should work:

N.O. receives: Jeff Teague (money filler - waive after the trade), Pat Connaughton, Erzan Ilyasova & D.J. Wilson + 2nd from Bucks (from Pacers) + another 2nd from the Wolves.

Wolves receive: Jrue Holliday.

Bucks receive: Robert Covington.

Bucks fill the two empty roster spots by signing Rajon Tucker and Luke Maye out of their affiliate (the Wisconsin Herd) and also trade Luke Maye + a 2nd pick (again from Pacers) to the Pistons, in order to obtain back Christian Wood (I think this has been pre-agreed during the Snell trade).

Last edited:

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Lowe mentioned Covington

Unlike with Redick (who Lowe also suggested), the thing with Covington is that he is at the correct age and under the right contract to serve the Bucks in the long term...

Lowe also suggested for the Bucks to enter the lux tax region with trades this season... With the above suggested trade, the Bucks don't pay a penny in lux tax, which is very important for the team for this and the following season, because the Bucks will be entering the lux tax after extending Giannis and can stay there for three seasons before becoming "repeaters tax" eligible...

That said, the Bucks will be adding more to their roster and will become a super team going deep into the lux tax in two years and for the three seasons they will be into the lux tax, in order to land three consecutive championships in MIL. Therefore if the Bucks succeed to win the title this and the next season, they are targeting five consecutive championships for this and the four seasons that will follow.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks fill the two empty roster spots by signing Rajon Tucker and Luke Maye out of their affiliate (the Wisconsin Herd) and also trade Luke Maye + a 2nd pick (again from Pacers) to the Pistons, in order to obtain back Christian Wood (I think this has been pre-agreed during the Snell trade).

Christian Wood has been playing far too well for the Pistons to trade him for a D-leaguer and a 2nd round pick. No way that is going to happen.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Wood has been playing far too well for the Pistons to trade him for a D-leaguer and a 2nd round pick. No way that is going to happen.

The Bucks waived Woods last season, only because his (non-guaranteed) contract would bring them by a very small amount (less than 1M) into the lux tax... It wasn't to save the money, but rather to save an entire season out of the three in four season's that a team can be in the lux tax before it becomes "repeater's tax eligible"...

In some "coincidence", the day the Bucks waived Wood, the Pelicans also waived Frazier, who the Bucks have signed before for the training camp and the Bucks added Frazier back, while the Pels added Wood (all this just after the Bucks and the Pels had the Mirotic deal)...

Now after the Pistons traded with the Bucks for Snell, on a deal that is eye popping that was against the Bucks, the Pistons also added both Woods and Frazier out of free agency...

I therefore believe it is a pre-agreement between the two GMs of the two teams that happened during the Snell trade and caused the bad deal to the Bucks... I think that the Pistons will keep Wood and Frazier until the Bucks will have the empty roster spots and then the Bucks will have them Back, when a roster spot opens...

According to the CBA, "a player can't sign back to a team before it is 12 months from the last game he had with the same team"... Therefore Wood can be a Buck again in Feb, while Frazier will have to wait until next season.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks waived Woods last season, only because his (non-guaranteed) contract would bring them by a very small amount (less than 1M) into the lux tax... It wasn't to save the money, but rather to save an entire season out of the three in four season's that a team can be in the lux tax before it becomes "repeater's tax eligible"...

In some "coincidence", the day the Bucks waived Wood, the Pelicans also waived Frazier, who the Bucks have signed before for the training camp and the Bucks added Frazier back, while the Pels added Wood (all this just after the Bucks and the Pels had the Mirotic deal)...

Now after the Pistons traded with the Bucks for Snell, on a deal that is eye popping that was against the Bucks, the Pistons also added both Woods and Frazier out of free agency...

I therefore believe it is a pre-agreement between the two GMs of the two teams that happened during the Snell trade and caused the bad deal to the Bucks... I think that the Pistons will keep Wood and Frazier until the Bucks will have the empty roster spots and then the Bucks will have them Back, when a roster spot opens...

According to the CBA, "a player can't sign back to a team before it is 12 months from the last game he had with the same team"... Therefore Wood can be a Buck again in Feb, while Frazier will have to wait until next season.
that is a lot of assumption on your part. And you know what they say about when you ass-u-me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a lot of assumption on your part. And you know what they say about when you ass-u-me.

We all say where Buck Alice assumptions got him last summer

He thought the Bucks starting 5 would be this:

Brogdon
Middleton
PG13
Giannis
Lopez

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike with Redick (who Lowe also suggested), the thing with Covington is that he is at the correct age and under the right contract to serve the Bucks in the long term...

Lowe also suggested for the Bucks to enter the lux tax region with trades this season... With the above suggested trade, the Bucks don't pay a penny in lux tax, which is very important for the team for this and the following season, because the Bucks will be entering the lux tax after extending Giannis and can stay there for three seasons before becoming "repeaters tax" eligible...

That said, the Bucks will be adding more to their roster and will become a super team going deep into the lux tax in two years and for the three seasons they will be into the lux tax, in order to land three consecutive championships in MIL. Therefore if the Bucks succeed to win the title this and the next season, they are targeting five consecutive championships for this and the four seasons that will follow.

I hope for your sake that you are really pretty.

Because damn. You crazy dude.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Covington, there are two more alternatives the Bucks could consider...

1. Trading with Atlanta for Jabari Parker: Parker expressed his willingness to rejoin the Bucks in recent interviews and he has excellent relations with both Giannis and Middleton, which along with familiarity with the Bucks environment should make the move easy to perform... His contract with the Hawks has a player option for next season, which makes things easier in order to overcome any objections or irrational demands the Hawks may hope to rise...

D.J. Wilson + Wes Matthews should therefore be enough to get the deal done.

2. Trading with the Wizards for Davis Bertans: This looks to be the most difficult trade to perform... Although Bertans is expiring, the Wizards have expressed the willingness to keep him and significantly rise his salary, but even if this would change, it is expected that Bertans will attract much competition which will be after him, which will then cause the Wizards to ask higher return than what should be considered as reasonable for the 47% 3pt shooter (he leads the entire league).

Out of all the choices, I believe that getting Jabari Parker back would be the most beneficial for the Bucks, not only because it would keep the financials under control, but because it would leave room to additionally add Bogdan Bogdanovic too and extend his contract in the future.

If landing both Bogdanovic and Parker would work, the Bucks should face little (if any at all) competition to win it all and then, for more seasons after this.

This should work:

Hawks receive: Wes Matthews + D.J. Wilson,

Kings receive: Ersan Ilyasova + Pat Connaughton + a 1st (from Pacers),

Bucks receive: Jabari Parker + Bogdan Bogdanovic

Bucks then advance Frank Mason and Cam Reynolds to the starting roster (from the 2-way they now are) and trade (on a sign and trade) Reynolds + another 2nd (again from Pacers) to the Pistons for Christian Wood and then advance Rajon Tucker and Luke Maye from their affiliate (the Wisconsin Herd) to both the empty 2-way roster spots.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM of the Bucks Jon Horst (who won the "executive of the year" award last season) has been proven a blessing for the Bucks stepping up to be championship contenders for many more seasons that will follow...

What he pulls off his sleeve, it generally proves to be unpredictable and all successful to continuously upgrade the roster...

Having collected many desired young assets in the (extremely deep) Bucks roster, as well as experienced and capable veterans, it pretty sure that he will upgrade the roster further before Feb 20's trade deadline...

Players that are expected to be moved in order for the Bucks to upgrade further the roster this season:

- One out of Pat Connaugton or Sterling Brown... They are both expiring (the only two expiring in the entire Bucks roster) and are both coming from bench having the same role in the rotation (SG/SF replacements), therefore resigning both would take valuable cap space for next season. My guess would be that the Bucks would prefer to move Coonaughton over Brown.

-One out of Ilyasova or D.J. Wilson, again, both have the same role coming from bench in the Bucks rotation (coming from bench PF/sbCF replacements) but the Bucks have also signed Bender on a bargain... My guess would be that the Bucks would prefer to move Ilyasova, because he occupies more cap space.

-Eric Bledsoe, after Donte Divicenzo stepped up to an unexpected level and George Hill has one of the best seasons in his career, moving Bledsoe in combination with an asset and given the size of his contract, could provide valuable return for the Bucks which would then cause the Bucks to step up further from being the league's best team they already are.

Wes Matthews, after the Bucks signed more experienced and better shooter Korver, to also have Wes Matthews seems to be an overkill for the Bucks rotation.