• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Baylor & Oklahoma sink the big 12

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, man. You sound like Al Bundy bragging about how he scored 5 touchdowns in one game at Polk High. After a while it sounds pathetic. The Horns should be bragging about what they have done recently and are going to do in the future. Nobody gives a shit about any games won or lost 80 years ago.

I didn't bring up UT's history in this thread.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the optimism. Sure hope you are right. None of us benefit when the conference is being ridiculed. The biggest thing is all of us need to start winning our toughest OOC games. And our bowl games too.

It all goes in cycles. 4 years ago the SEC was hands down the best conference in CFB and the Big 10 was a joke. The tables have turned the SEC has definitely taken a step back and the B1G is considered by most to be the strongest conference. The Big 12 will get stronger and other conferences will rise and fall.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas posters spout the same shit weekly. Just doing what the Texas posters do.

The University of Texas is a great academic institution. But none of that applies to Texas Longhorn football.

None of what I post is nonsensical BS. I post actual numbers that show Texas Football is at the bottom in academics in the Big 12 and always has been since the conference was formed. Yet, you Texas posters continue to act like the football team can do Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, and Strengths of Materials while playing in the game on a Saturday.

if you do not like the numbers I post, go back and post the GSR rates of Texas and the rest of the Big 12 for the last 20 years. But you won't do that.

Here is a six year APR window. Which sport lags the others? It is well known that Texas football players get the best tutors and have the best academic support system, yet, the football team lags the other mens varsity sports.

texasmensapr.0.png

The Texas Longhorn team is comprised of many players of questionable academics that are only admitted to the school because they can play football. The school ensures they maintain eligibility by pushing them into easy classes/majors but once their eligibility is used up, the players do not get the same resources. Texas Longhorn football grad rates are much, much lower than the rest of the Longhorn varsity sports and the rest of the student body and the rest of the Big 12.

When you have three players on the team that score a 200/200/200 on the SAT just what does that tell you? Some of you Texas posters want to claim that means genius. What that means to me, unqualified. Not partial qualifier, completely unqualified.

Nebraska won national championships with their partial qualifiers.

Texas has gone 46-42 the last seven years with their partial qualifiers. Texas did win a NC with Vince Young, who scored a 6 on the Wonderlic, he was a partial qualifier.

No, you have been doing this for years! You would troll the robust longhorn board with this shit. Dude, you seem like a smart guy, but there is something not right about you. Please, for your sanity, seek out some help so you can move on from your burnt orange obsession. I assure you life will get better.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you have been doing this for years! You would troll the robust longhorn board with this shit. Dude, you seem like a smart guy, but there is something not right about you. Please, for your sanity, seek out some help so you can move on from your burnt orange obsession. I assure you life will get better.

I suggest you read the entire thread. Looks like quite a few posters take shots at Texas. But go ahead, single me out.

I just post facts about Texas is all I do. You can post counter arguments about Texas that show my facts are incorrect. I take it you won't be posting the 20 years of GSR numbers for the University of Texas and how they compared to the rest of the Big 12?

I really cannot remember trolling the Robust Longhorn board. I definitely trolled the Big 12 general board, but that was to counter Fearbevo, Orangebloods, FeartheFortyAcres, FTF-98 and many other variations that TexasExes98 used on ESPiN because he was constantly banned. I was never banned on ESPiN.

TexasExes and I would go round and round. He gave me an interesting name, PsychoinBigTen, yet, I was never banned. If you ask me, people that get banned over and over and over and over and over, there is something wrong there.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's crazy how much he follows Texas. I've seen him post names of boosters, GPA's, etc. I swear he has a job doing research for the Longhorn network.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how much he follows Texas. I've seen him post names of boosters, GPA's, etc. I swear he has a job doing research for the Longhorn network.

Miss State got to a bowl at 5-7 base on his favorite academic stat. Like I have a always said it doesn't measure education, just your ability to process players. Miss State is a great example of that

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The usual Texas thing, do as we say not as we do.

Academics is important Texas claims, after having an APR of 970 so the players can stay eligible, the Texas team only has a 58 GSR. Meaning these same players that were academically eligible for four years cannot graduate after six years.

Funny, all other varsity sports at Texas can do it, but the football team seems to take dumb shits that cannot read or write or do math.

Well, Osborne did it for decades in the old Big 8 and it got him 5 nattys.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orsborne never won a natty while Switzer was coaching OU, the first two of NU's were Devaney's...jeesh.

Oh I know that. I was just referring to all of the illiterate, dumb as fuck partial qualifiers he used while he was at Nebby. I meant 3 nattys. My bad.....

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you read the entire thread. Looks like quite a few posters take shots at Texas. But go ahead, single me out.

I just post facts about Texas is all I do. You can post counter arguments about Texas that show my facts are incorrect. I take it you won't be posting the 20 years of GSR numbers for the University of Texas and how they compared to the rest of the Big 12?

I really cannot remember trolling the Robust Longhorn board. I definitely trolled the Big 12 general board, but that was to counter Fearbevo, Orangebloods, FeartheFortyAcres, FTF-98 and many other variations that TexasExes98 used on ESPiN because he was constantly banned. I was never banned on ESPiN.

TexasExes and I would go round and round. He gave me an interesting name, PsychoinBigTen, yet, I was never banned. If you ask me, people that get banned over and over and over and over and over, there is something wrong there.

I don't have to read the entire thread. I've been reading your shit for years. And yes, my apologies, it was the B12 board you trolled, not the Longhorn board.

Look, I'm sorry my team has dominated your team over the years, but you need to get over it. Hell, even Aggies and Sooners don't bitch like you do about us Horns.

Last edited:

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know that. I was just referring to all of the illiterate, dumb as fuck partial qualifiers he used while he was at Nebby. I meant 3 nattys. My bad.....

That's rich.

Texas considered Vince Young a full qualifier to win your only national championship in the last 47 years.
Remember that dude who scored so well on the wonderlic?
Yeah, he was smart enough to qualify to get into Texas.

Then again, from your user name, someone who can't figure out the difference between 3 & 5 also made it into UT.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fall 2016, Nebraska has 25 Academic All Big Ten Football Players. nine were starters and just about all of them played in multiple games. If Sam Foltz had not died it would have been 26.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...-17/misc_non_event/201617_FallAcademic_AllBig.

Fall 2016, Texas has 11 Academic All Big 12 football players. Six were starters, the other five hardly played. Three of five are not even listed on the Texas depth chart.

Eleven Longhorns earn Academic All-Big 12 honors

Academic All Americans

http://cosida.com/documents/2016/7/5//AAA_All_Time_Standings_June_2016.pdf?id=1864

Nebraska has 325
Texas 134

Nebraska football leads with 107, The Nebraska football team has almost as many academic all americans as the entire University of Texas Varsity Sports.

Nebraska's Nation-Leading Academic All-America Total Grows to 325

Why look at that, in Womens Volleyball Nebraska has a first team academic all american, Texas has NONE.

Congrats on your players passing their general studies courses better than our players. As you can see though, once Nebby had to use players who could actually read and write and could no longer recruit partial qualifiers who could not get into any other schools, they have only won 2 conference titles and have won ZERO nattys in the last 20 years.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, raping a 12 year old and being allowed to play for 2 years, then dismissing him when it finally goes to court. I like Mike Gundy but he let that one get away, he would do it different next time no question.
Yeah, it was a bad move. Not a crime of violence though, unless I'm missing something and it wasn't consensual. Shouldn't have taken him on, but since then Gundy got it right on Tyreek Hill.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking if we allow fcs schools like Texas and Kansas to remain that will sink us.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, raping a 12 year old and being allowed to play for 2 years, then dismissing him when it finally goes to court. I like Mike Gundy but he let that one get away, he would do it different next time no question.

Not defending anything here, just some of your comments are incorrect.

He only played as a freshman and was booted when he pled guilty (mid season btw). It was assumed he would be acquitted of the charges and it was a suprise to the staff when he pled.

In retrospect he shouldn't have been allowed on campus but there was no attempt at a cover up.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texico laying down for the last half decade really isn't helping much....just saying.

I think the last seven years of texas foosball has been perfect, four losing seasons in those seven years, with an overall winning percentage of 52.7%.

Not to mention, all the wonderful things texas does for the big 12. Ask any texas poster, texas saved the big 12.